sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Luck Heaven.

MsSheka..I know it is hard to leave the kids but it really is good for all if you. You need a break from them and they need a break from you too. I went to JA in April for 5 days without my daughter and it was the first time leaving her. It was hard on both of us but was really worth it. Hope all works out for you!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Dillon, how did you find out your case was transferred to CSC & so quickly? I called the 603 NVC # & the lady said they haven't even received our case yet....said it takes 2-4 weeks. Uhhh....it's been longer than that. He had his biometrics appt last Wednesday so I was hoping there'd be some kind of movement on the case.

Timeline
Dillon, how did you find out your case was transferred to CSC & so quickly? I called the 603 NVC # & the lady said they haven't even received our case yet....said it takes 2-4 weeks. Uhhh....it's been longer than that. He had his biometrics appt last Wednesday so I was hoping there'd be some kind of movement on the case.

I went and registered our receipt numbers at USCIS and got a text and an email saying that it was transferred. We got the letter in the mail a few days after that.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

I went and registered our receipt numbers at USCIS and got a text and an email saying that it was transferred. We got the letter in the mail a few days after that.

Okay, thanks! I've got the on-line status going for our case w/USCIS but it shows no progress. I'm thinking we'll be one of those cases that takes a little longer. Oh well...at least we have no plans to travel & as much as the help with financials would be nice, we aren't urgently needing him to have a job yet. I just hope we don't end up being one of those cases that takes 3 years! :unsure::wacko:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I wish it was that easy :lol: i think i'm too attached to these kids its hard for me to even go out and leave them :unsure:

Really? See times like this I feel like the worst mom. I leave my trolls I mean kids with the quickness. By they time they would blink I would be out the door.

Timeline
Thats good too, I understand cause Fat is still so young and needs you!

I don't... :whistle:

The first time I went out of the country was to Cancun and my oldest daughter was six months and I was gone for a week. That week was the best and it has started my yearly traveling.

I just think every once in a while it’s nice to get away. From the bills, kids, job, families and just have some alone time. To not hear mom…mom…mom…mom… every five minutes is nice. To lay in bed and not worry about making breakfast or who spilled the cereal, whose turn its it to have the tv and not break up fights or hear mom she hit me or mom he’s messing with me is so nice!!!! Have you ever noticed when you come back your so refreshed? I always am.

Hi Yardies !! Just popping in before i head to the airport..D called the hosiptal again today to see if his medical was ready ..its still not ready so i guess we're going without it ! i'm not sure how thats gonna go ..but i hope it goes well..i'm not gonna lie i'm a bit depressed becuz i've come along way for this and for the med to hold us back is so hard to deal with ...but i'm hoping for the best ! take care yardies ..Be back tomorrow night ! Thank you all for your support and your help !! God Bless (F)

I wonder is there any way he could head to the interview and you go get the medical?? Maybe it might be ready tomorrow.

Aww Heaven ((((Hugs))))..I really hope it works out.

Edited by DaDa

Timeline

Hi all - just poppin in for a second before heading out for the night -- I am now in Raleigh - and might end up with a totally free day tomorrow cause we just found out the defendant filed bankruptcy!! I love this area - had a very mellow (although drunken) weekend in Charlotte, then drove over to Raleigh today - Dinner and drinks tonight with my girl, and hopefully MrsP - Then fly home tomorrow night.

Hope everyone is doing well - everyone seems so quiet!!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Afternoon Yardies (F)

Heaven, not having the medical results should not affect the outcome of the interview. I have read on here where others did not have the results yet and the Embassy just put approved pending medical. Try not to stress honey (F) although I understand the frustration with not having the results after doing everything you are supposed to. (((hugs)))

Jamerican, congrats on finally filing!! Good luck in your journey! :star:

MsSheka, I agree, take Fat and leave the others :yes:

Those of you on my facebook may know that I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes.

I am meeting with a dietitian tomorrow but I am wondering if ya'll can suggest some good non-starchy JA foods...

It seems when I go there I always eat so much starch and that is not an option right now.

All I can think of to eat is Callaloo (sp?) and curry chicken :unsure:

:help:

Timeline

Dillon, Ells, Jawi, Thompson2B, and whoever else just did this...

What did you do to get the I-693 vaccination supplement completed? Also, the form at USCIS expired in August and there isn't another one posted.

Did you go to a local civil surgeon or mail it to that one in Austin, Texas? There's one in my zip code, but when I called, I got an answering machine with the default voice saying a generic message (exact same voice/message I have at home). That made me question the professionalism of this civil surgeon.

I'm trying to have 99% of the paperwork ready for AOS, so that when we get the marriage license, we just drop it in the envelope & mail it off.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Nat...I just sent in what he got from the Embassy. I didn't go to a civil surgean to have them put on the new form.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Those of you on my facebook may know that I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes.

I am meeting with a dietitian tomorrow but I am wondering if ya'll can suggest some good non-starchy JA foods...

It seems when I go there I always eat so much starch and that is not an option right now.

All I can think of to eat is Callaloo (sp?) and curry chicken :unsure:

:help:

That's about all I can think of too Princess. No dasheen, no breadfruit, no yam. But if you're eating out, I recommend Canoe Bar in Negril towards the Westend because they serve grilled veggies. It was such a refreshing change from all the starches I was eating. I was getting tired of it all & when those grilled veggies (zucchini, eggplant, etc.) were served up, I felt so much better. Or hit the outdoor market in Lucea & get your own veggies for when you're cooking at home & have mister cook it up Jamaican style.

Dillon, Ells, Jawi, Thompson2B, and whoever else just did this...

What did you do to get the I-693 vaccination supplement completed? Also, the form at USCIS expired in August and there isn't another one posted.

Did you go to a local civil surgeon or mail it to that one in Austin, Texas? There's one in my zip code, but when I called, I got an answering machine with the default voice saying a generic message (exact same voice/message I have at home). That made me question the professionalism of this civil surgeon.

I'm trying to have 99% of the paperwork ready for AOS, so that when we get the marriage license, we just drop it in the envelope & mail it off.

I took JG's advice & just included a color copy of the front & back of the vaccination card. It's taking a chance on getting an RFE but I figured it's worth a try.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey you all

here are my boys.David the bigger one weighs 5lbs 2oz and jacob the smaller one weighs 3lbs 15.7 oz .He will be in the hospital for an additional week.I will keep you posted of his progress.

T.WEBB

post-52596-1256592054_thumb.jpg

post-52596-1256592110_thumb.jpg

Edited by jakeswife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.