sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Funny so was I!!!

Oops I deleted too much. I was responding to your post where you said you were in a down mood last night.

I hate feeling that way.....

Me too but you need it more than ever now. Just try to get through it until you can manage to find something better.. You can have my job!!! :)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's exactly what we should do............everyone ex-change jobs for like a month. We can alleviate some boredom and still talk to each other on VJ.

Might actually make me appreciate mine a little more. Right now, I'm ALWAYS ready to go home.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

What do you do, day-to-day, JG?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

So, Im doing a little project with my kindergarten class on Tuesday. I bought 9 x 9 felt cloths and I am going on line looking for coloring pages the kids can color. Showing pics of things they are thankful for. My daughter always says food! lol. Every story she ever wrote about me was thanking me for feeding her. She still does it to this day. I am going to have them glue them to the felt and Im sewing all the pictures together to make a "thanksgiving quilt". Im doing one with them to have a even number of squares. I hope they don't give me too much grief!

Timeline
That's exactly what we should do............everyone ex-change jobs for like a month. We can alleviate some boredom and still talk to each other on VJ.

Might actually make me appreciate mine a little more. Right now, I'm ALWAYS ready to go home.

I am always ready to go home too - especially days like today when the Bumbaclaaaaaat Deputy GC is asking me for the 18th time to research liability if they serve alcohol at the Xmas party - when I have already verbally given him the answer, provided him a written memo with relevant case law, and answered 3-4 additional questions - Read it yourself, Man!! I have more important work to do - If you are so worried, don't have alcohol!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

I work for a bunch of priests. Day to day....hard to say.....

database entry and management

publications: what we call a catalog, posters, prayer cards, newsletters, magazines, etc.

caterer for every damn thing in this office

travel agent

website management

Sometimes I drive priests to doctor's appointments

Etc.

I have 5 different bosses so I do a little of everything for all of them. I work for the priest 2nd in command of our region. I work for the priest in charge of vocations. I work for the man in charge of our schools. I work for the priest in charge of our communications. I work for the man in charge of social justice and our volunteer corps.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
So, Im doing a little project with my kindergarten class on Tuesday. I bought 9 x 9 felt cloths and I am going on line looking for coloring pages the kids can color. Showing pics of things they are thankful for. My daughter always says food! lol. Every story she ever wrote about me was thanking me for feeding her. She still does it to this day. I am going to have them glue them to the felt and Im sewing all the pictures together to make a "thanksgiving quilt". Im doing one with them to have a even number of squares. I hope they don't give me too much grief!

Sounds really nice, would like to se pics when its finished. I am not a teacher, but I work for the School system in Broward handling all Workers' Compensation claims and payroll. I used to enjoy it but now I need something more challenging. Too bad the economy is the way it is otherwise I would certainly be on top of that. If the kids are anything like these kids in Broward you maybe able to get some of their interest, they all seem too grown for their own good these days and the majority of the parents do not help.

I am always ready to go home too - especially days like today when the Bumbaclaaaaaat Deputy GC is asking me for the 18th time to research liability if they serve alcohol at the Xmas party - when I have already verbally given him the answer, provided him a written memo with relevant case law, and answered 3-4 additional questions - Read it yourself, Man!! I have more important work to do - If you are so worried, don't have alcohol!

Some people are just slow and never get it no matter how you tell them.

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Timeline

That would be a neat thing to do....

That sounds like a really neat project!!! Please take pics of it so we can see it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thats whats up Mstee,

I going to school right now I have 24 credits left then I will get my B.S. I want to work with kids 3rd and 4th grade and in 2 years when we moved to Jamaica I want to teach there. My husbands has some school teacher friends that are looking out for me. So keep strong because as us that have kids know that they can be a handful but I know 20-30 are a damn mess lol

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey ladies!

long time, no chat

internet finally secured at home, the yardie thread was too hard with just my phone

everything here is going good, just sent in AOS paperwork

fingers crossed

love 'n' light

Timeline

I work for a bunch of priests. Day to day....hard to say.....

database entry and management

publications: what we call a catalog, posters, prayer cards, newsletters, magazines, etc.

caterer for every damn thing in this office

travel agent

website management

Sometimes I drive priests to doctor's appointments

Etc.

I have 5 different bosses so I do a little of everything for all of them. I work for the priest 2nd in command of our region. I work for the priest in charge of vocations. I work for the man in charge of our schools. I work for the priest in charge of our communications. I work for the man in charge of social justice and our volunteer corps.

*JG* girl I cant switch jobs with you...LOL..I cuss too damn much

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline
hey ladies!

long time, no chat

internet finally secured at home, the yardie thread was too hard with just my phone

everything here is going good, just sent in AOS paperwork

fingers crossed

love 'n' light

Where in the hell are the wedding pictures?????? :angry:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I dont think anyone wants my job. Im a loan processor for a small bank and my boss is a DINGBAT. And we hardly have loans to close. Its so Slowwwww and now they bitching about the internet.

Funny so was I!!!

Oops I deleted too much. I was responding to your post where you said you were in a down mood last night.

I hate feeling that way.....

Me too but you need it more than ever now. Just try to get through it until you can manage to find something better.. You can have my job!!! :)

Thanks MsTee

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey jamerican... how school coming?

it's going well....love going to school where at minimum I get one massage every week. I have never been a fan of getting massages (only giving) but I am getting accustomed to it. It is a lot of learning...all the muscles, bones, systems, joints or the body...and my mind/memory isn't as young as it used to be...but...I am hanging in there. Thanks for asking :)

I heard that when giving a massage if your hand gets tired easily or cramp up that means your doing it wrong. Is this true?

Dara...It could mean that you are using too much of your hands vs forearm or elbow... and may need to build up the strength in your hands....We did a 4 hour outreach at the childrens hospital and by the end of that my hands were tired and a bit sore....

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.