sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Today is my step-daughter's interview, Two days ago her mother once again changed her mind and said she was too young. Lets see if she changes it back before 8:30am.

That’s funny I’m going through something a little similar. My oldest son’s father has been incarcerated since he was five and he may never see the free world again. Well his family down Orlando wants me to send my son down there to be with them for the summer. They have been asking me for a while now but recently they are really coming at me hot and heavy. My son is even asking me why can’t he go. Well because I don’t know those people. When I was dating my oldest son’s father he lived up here in Pittsburgh with his mom and sister. His sister has since moved due to an abusive relationship and she lives in Orlando with my son’s grandfather. They really want to see him. I told him when he is 16 I’ll send him when I feel he is old enough to protect himself in a way. I understand my son wants to get to know his other family members, but Orlando?? That is so far!!! I’m not sure if I am being unreasonable or what.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
I just went through this ####### with tmobile for instance. This is the 4th phone I have with them I had to exchange it 4 times now...the 3rd time, they accused me of wetting the phone. Why would I wet a phone knowing that it voids the warranty on it? I wrote a professional letter to them, picked a lawyer out the phone book and wrote to them. They were "trying" to charge me 100.00 on my bill. The also replaced the battery. Also, they gave me a "customer loyalty" plan since Ive been with them for awhile which I accept a month ago. I asked them how is it that I can be loyal and pay my bill, but they can't be "loyal" and give me a phone that works? I said "Doesn't your phone work?", I wish mine did! They have since taken the 100.00 off my bill... My phone still doesn't work but I will follow protocol, take it to a Tmobile store and have them test it, demand a new phone, different manufacturer. You just have to be persistant!

My T-Mobile phone is actin up too. For some reason I can't use the number nine button and a lot of my buttons are sticking. I plan on paying them a visit on Friday and I hope they don't try that water damager ####### with me.

Ms Tee mi get it loud and clear on the persistence issue I'm not saying she needs to lack on that I was commenting on the part where you stated had it been you, you would rip them a new one. I am the same way if you upset me watch out but in a case like this I’m not sure if that would work. I’m guessing if you piss off the wrong person your medical could somehow really take forever to show up out of spite.

I wish I could hang out with you all sounds like a good time. I have family in Eutawville, SC Kuntri, where is your brother at?

It's my brother - he is outside of Charleston.

I heard Charleston is so pretty.

Timeline
Mawning Ladies Islandwoman, IrieCat, yankeesgirl79, *JG*, PortlandAngel (( Waving))

I am too far behind to catch up, work has got me so busy and with all the changes around here I definitely need to act the part! I went to NYC for a training on Tuesday at the Sprint Training facility and it was very impressive. I am working on a presentation for our customers now and have to learn a bunch of new offerings before 4th quarter ends.

Hubby drove up with me and he loves NYC while I was in training he roamed Midtown and had a blast he can't wait to go back with me next week. He didn't want to take pics in Time Square because he didn't want to look like a tourist as he thought he looked like a New Yorker and fit right in LOL. Yall know I was taking pics everywhere haaa cause that's me but he did take a pic with Usain Bolt's cardboard likeness which was too funny I'll post on FB LOL

I am glad to say that it looks like the boys have finally accepted that Damian is here to stay and he is in fact their Stepfather and my Husband. My boys are actually talking to us LOL and starting to act like a real family again. All I can say is praise God because it has been hell for me this year and I just pray that the good vibes continue and we can continue on as a fully meshed family going forward. I know it won't be easy and we all play a part and have to work together but I have faith in US.

Hubby and I are planning a 2 day Halloween party at home with the boys with scary movies, treats and I'm dressing up the cats ( Hush I know I'm crazy). Everyone is excited and so am I to finally have some normalcy back at home :luv:

Congrats Heaven and Hays and whoever else I have forgotten forgive me congrats to all :dance:

Lawny yuh link soon come (promise)

Wow Philly this does my heart so much good. I am so happy to see that the water is settling. I’m also happy and proud that you and hubby stood together through all these trials and tribulations. See there is a rainbow after the storm. I pray that your household continues to be smooth. I am so very happy for you!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mamajew are you getting excited about your interview?

Yes I am getting excited, but nervous at the same time. But I think that is normal!!!

Another Mama Jew on the way!!!!!

e7G5m4.png

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face wih another problem" Dr. MLK Jr.

12/3/2009--- visa in hand

12/09/2009-- POE Baltimore MD

02/13/2010-- Going to the Chapel

02/23/2010-- AOS package mailed

04/29/2010-- Welcome letter received

05/01/2010-- Green Card in hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My T-Mobile phone is actin up too. For some reason I can't use the number nine button and a lot of my buttons are sticking. I plan on paying them a visit on Friday and I hope they don't try that water damager ####### with me.

Ms Tee mi get it loud and clear on the persistence issue I'm not saying she needs to lack on that I was commenting on the part where you stated had it been you, you would rip them a new one. I am the same way if you upset me watch out but in a case like this I’m not sure if that would work. I’m guessing if you piss off the wrong person your medical could somehow really take forever to show up out of spite.

Lol, I understand that. Im a lil fiesty at times, I need to slow down lol the older I get the worst I get. That's why Im glad my fiance reasons with me really well. He seems to be the only one that can do that! That's why I love him so.

When I said rip them a new one, I really meant trying to get to the bottom and keep bugging them until they gave a satisfactory answer, I mean really why can't they tell them the reason why the medical isn't done? It's been exactly 12 working days...and I feel bad for them because maybe they have plans and things of that nature.

The problem with my phone is that when I sit it down, it mysteriously cuts off so if Im waiting for an important call, I may miss it not realizing my phone has completely shut itself down. Then when I first got this particular replacement phone, the numbers in my phone book wouldn't sync, so I joked with the rep and said maybe mysteriously overnight it will sync and thats exactly what happened. lol

Timeline

Yes I am getting excited, but nervous at the same time. But I think that is normal!!!

Yes it is, I think I went crazy for a minute because I wasn't nervous about the interview lol... Probably because my fiance went on his own. Who knows, I mightve messed it up for us if I went! So for me it was a blessing in disguise that I didn't go. My fiance handles himself very well thank God!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes it is, I think I went crazy for a minute because I wasn't nervous about the interview lol... Probably because my fiance went on his own. Who knows, I mightve messed it up for us if I went! So for me it was a blessing in disguise that I didn't go. My fiance handles himself very well thank God!

My fiance really wants me to come to his interview. I really want to be there. But at the same time. it so close to Thanksgiving and I have family obligations on this side of the pond. So if the money pans out and the bills are paid. I might make it for the interview. That will make three times this year. My pocket is starting to feel the pinch. LOL!!1 :wow:

Another Mama Jew on the way!!!!!

e7G5m4.png

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face wih another problem" Dr. MLK Jr.

12/3/2009--- visa in hand

12/09/2009-- POE Baltimore MD

02/13/2010-- Going to the Chapel

02/23/2010-- AOS package mailed

04/29/2010-- Welcome letter received

05/01/2010-- Green Card in hand

Timeline

My fiance really wants me to come to his interview. I really want to be there. But at the same time. it so close to Thanksgiving and I have family obligations on this side of the pond. So if the money pans out and the bills are paid. I might make it for the interview. That will make three times this year. My pocket is starting to feel the pinch. LOL!!1 :wow:

Well if you can really be there and you want to then I hope you can make it. Its good support for them :)

Timeline

Good morning, everyone!

Anyone familiar with 7 Habits of Highly Effective People?

So I live by that book (a bit), but yesterday, I found it MUCH more effective to disregard Habit #3: Put First Things First. I had 1 very important task that would take a couple of hours to do, and about 10 lesser important tasks that took 10-20 minutes each. According to Habit 3, I should've completed the most important item first. But I KNEW that item would get done, as it was to put together a presentation for this morning. And I knew I'd feel more overwhelmed with 10 items remaining near the end of the day than with 1 item remaining near the end of the day. So I spent 3 straight hours wiping out the 10 lesser important tasks first. It feels SO GOOD to me to check off tasks. And I got the important task done, too, by coming in early this morning to finish.

For those unfamiliar, the 7 habits are:

1) Be proactive

2) Begin with the end in mind

3) Put first things first

4) Think win-win

5) Seek first to understand, then to be understood

6) Synergize

7) Sharpen the saw

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Ok Dillion i got you !! UPDATE: ..just spoke with my fiance' ..looks like island you were right :thumbs: .. he said the embassy called him today and said that everything is fine and he will get the visa but they need the medical before he can get it..he said the only avail appt they had for him to go turn it is on Nov 24th !! so now we just have to wait for that ..i was kind of expecting this so i'm not surprised ..just glad everything worked out ! Thanks everyone for all ur input and help !! Love u all ..xoxo (L)

It's admirable that you're taking it so well. What are your wedding plans?

Well she kind of has to be nice because they are at their mercy now. The last thing you want is something inaccurte popping up on there so I guess the saying Kill them with Kindness or tears might work out best.

:lol: I never heard that one: Kill them with tears

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
Hubby and I are planning a 2 day Halloween party at home with the boys with scary movies, treats and I'm dressing up the cats ( Hush I know I'm crazy).

:blink: I concur with your self-assessment. :lol:

I feel Mr Philly re: tourist. I used to do the same thing but then always hated myself for not having photos of my trips. Now I just don't care if I look touristy or not. :no:

I have no qualms about appearing as a tourist. I'll go to New Orleans (where I was born & raised) & take pics all over the city. I did that one year and then blew up the 6 I liked most & matted & framed them. Made for a nice collage on the wall.

I think we've all felt that particular pinch.

Remember that if you get married before the end of the year, you can file your taxes as married & get a lot of $$ back @ refund time. I figure that'll reimburse a chunk of the expenses of this process.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

Girl I understand how you feel. Our interview is on the 17th and I'm not going to be able to go. I really want to but Im gonna trust in God and let my fiance handle it. I know he can do it. I went to JA in Feb. & June and then in Sept. I went to Guyana so I know how the pockets can hurt. LOL...I saw Spirit have their $50OFF coupon so I went to check the price of the ticket ...HA...all they did was jack the damn taxes up.

Hubby and I are planning a 2 day Halloween party at home with the boys with scary movies, treats and I'm dressing up the cats ( Hush I know I'm crazy).

:blink: I concur with your self-assessment. :lol:

I feel Mr Philly re: tourist. I used to do the same thing but then always hated myself for not having photos of my trips. Now I just don't care if I look touristy or not. :no:

I have no qualms about appearing as a tourist. I'll go to New Orleans (where I was born & raised) & take pics all over the city. I did that one year and then blew up the 6 I liked most & matted & framed them. Made for a nice collage on the wall.

I think we've all felt that particular pinch.

Remember that if you get married before the end of the year, you can file your taxes as married & get a lot of $$ back @ refund time. I figure that'll reimburse a chunk of the expenses of this process.

Nat that is what I'm planning on doing. We have a date planned for December 15...

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline
HELLO!!!!! (As I bang the computer..) Is anyone out there??? Man its been more than a hour since someone has posted something. :wow: That is so hard to beleive. I take it everyone is on FB.... Man I never thought I would see the day when VJ was this dead.... :huh: Edited by DaDa

Timeline
HELLO!!!!! (As I bang the computer..) Is anyone out there??? Man its been more than a hour since someone has posted something. :wow: That is so hard to beleive. I take it everyone is on FB.... Man I never thought I would see the day when VJ was this dead.... :huh:

Right Dada? :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.