bobby_kvisa

Stretching out the K-1 Process

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My fiance is Indian from India and as part of the culture we must have some Hindu Ritual Acts performed in order to consider ourselves officially bonded and allowed to live together.

The problem is that we do not actually know the date the Hindu Ritual Acts will be performed. This date is pre-determined by the rules of astrology and the date of our Hindu Ritual Acts will be chosen by this astrology.

I want to get her a Fiance Visa (K1) - but I want to time the visa so that the K1 is issued BEFORE the Hindu Ritual Acts take place.

Basically the issuing of the K1 Visa will be the trigger for the celebration of the Hindu Ritual Acts.

This could create a potential problem - because if she is issued the K1 visa today but the astrology says the Hindu Ritual Acts cannot take place for another 4 months later - we will not be able to complete the union of our lives together.

I obviously cannot speed the K1 approval process up - but I am wondering if it is possible to deliberately slow down the K1 approval process. (I would want to deliberately slow the process down because I want to time the K1 Visa to arrive slightly before the Astrology Date). I have not reviewed all the K1 documents and steps required, but I am wondering if all stages of the K1 approval process are time sensitive?

That is, are all stages of the K1 process on a fixed schedule - whereby the government requires each step to be completed in a timely manner?

Thanks in advance for your help !

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When you get the k-1 its 6 months you have to use it before it expires. Once you use it you then have 90 days to get married. So if you do get it early you can wait to use the visa but you need to use it before the 6 months end or wont be able to use it anymore.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I would like to retract the question I posed in this thread.

I realize now I have the answer to my question after folks have responded to my previous thread entitled "K-1 Expiration Date".

Sorry for the confusion

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My fiance is Indian from India and as part of the culture we must have some Hindu Ritual Acts performed in order to consider ourselves officially bonded and allowed to live together.

The problem is that we do not actually know the date the Hindu Ritual Acts will be performed. This date is pre-determined by the rules of astrology and the date of our Hindu Ritual Acts will be chosen by this astrology.

I want to get her a Fiance Visa (K1) - but I want to time the visa so that the K1 is issued BEFORE the Hindu Ritual Acts take place.

Basically the issuing of the K1 Visa will be the trigger for the celebration of the Hindu Ritual Acts.

This could create a potential problem - because if she is issued the K1 visa today but the astrology says the Hindu Ritual Acts cannot take place for another 4 months later - we will not be able to complete the union of our lives together.

I obviously cannot speed the K1 approval process up - but I am wondering if it is possible to deliberately slow down the K1 approval process. (I would want to deliberately slow the process down because I want to time the K1 Visa to arrive slightly before the Astrology Date). I have not reviewed all the K1 documents and steps required, but I am wondering if all stages of the K1 approval process are time sensitive?

That is, are all stages of the K1 process on a fixed schedule - whereby the government requires each step to be completed in a timely manner?

What will happen once it gets passed the NOA2 stage is that it gets forwarded onto the consulate who then sends out what is called Packet 3, forms to be completed and sent back to the consulate by your fiance. Most consulates do not schedule an interview before this is returned, and some people take their time returning it to move the date back a bit. I'm not sure how the India Consulate works, but if they do schedule it for a date that is to far in advance you can always request a later date with a reason why. The other option is that the visa is good for 6 months once she gets it, she doesnt have to use it right away, so if you think the date will be in that time frame she might be fine to get it and just wait a bit to use it.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Trying to time anything with the USCIS and consulates is frustrationg. BUT when the petition is approved you will have a four month period to have an interview and then the visa is valid for 6 months, and you can get 4 month extensions of the approved petition (usually, consulate disgression) so you can adjust things a little, but not much. Trying to fine tune the timing will only make you crazy.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.