AlHayatZween

Stamp Controversy... Sigh...

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I would write your aunt back simply saying, "I'm glad to know you feel this way." Let her stress about exactly what you mean.

WORD.

A cousin once sent me a long Christian BS diatribe against gay people. The email list included our cousin Bee, who is happily lesbian. OMFG, I replied all and let her have it.

i know exactly what you mean...my sister is currently bashing my brother about his "sinful gayness".... :blink: ...she recently has gotten a little overboard with her new-found religiousness....i just remind her that it's his life and that she shouldn't point fingers since i know all about her past :devil:....and when some of my family learned my husband was muslim..OMG...haha..boy did i hear some off the wall things...like OMG aren't you afraid when you go to morocco that you'll upset him and he'll cut your head off? :wow:...what if he won't let you leave? we heard how "they" treat their women... :huh:.... :pop:....i even had one who asked my mom (when she explained that morocco was in africa)..is he black? :rofl:...quite a few of them feel pretty ashamed and stupid now that they know him and his family...i blame alot of this crazy thinking on the media portraying most muslims as "evil fanatics"...unfairly one-sided.....

I hear you. This b1tch -born again cousin- went on a rampage about how "God" hates f@gs and their sins yada yada yada. Oh man, I was so pizzed, so I emailed her back with a very nice "well, then your 'god' is not one worth believing in". I felt like saying "oh, funny, hates gays but loves you single mother/fallen woman"... go figure. I have not talked to her since and I don't want to.

:rofl: Amen! "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." Wanton woman. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:

Clever girl!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I think I'd just send her a " thinking of you card" with that stamp all over it :devil:

:lol: :lol:

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline
I would write your aunt back simply saying, "I'm glad to know you feel this way." Let her stress about exactly what you mean.

Yeah, i just sent a link back from Factcheck.org. My sister also was on the distribution, and she sent back a very angry e-mail. She wrote about us all being God's children and she hoped that that was still being taught in Sunday school. (She is much better at putting people in their place than i am.)

My uncle then wrote me a long e-mail apologizing, didn't mean to hurt my feelings, etc... But then wrote about our national security and why weren't moderate Muslims speaking out more...

i wrote that i accepted his apology. He is in his 70s, what more can i do?

i'm just having a bad week... :(

love0038.gif

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline
When I would receive these sort of emails, I would send the mass email back with the snopes link.

I would also put in my email message about how I was disappointed that they didn't check the facts before they sent out an email that helped spread lies, hatred and intolerance.

Thank you for the inspiration! I got this back in November - from my DAD - but looked it up in my email and did the "reply all" with the snopes link. I was a little less nice than you - I just put something about how I don't want to get that kind of BS in my email, it's incorrect information, and I find it insulting. He probably won't like it, but this isn't the first anti-Muslim email I've gotten from family. Seriously, do they THINK before they include me in their forwarding?

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, i just sent a link back from Factcheck.org. My sister also was on the distribution, and she sent back a very angry e-mail. She wrote about us all being God's children and she hoped that that was still being taught in Sunday school. (She is much better at putting people in their place than i am.)

My uncle then wrote me a long e-mail apologizing, didn't mean to hurt my feelings, etc... But then wrote about our national security and why weren't moderate Muslims speaking out more...

I puffy heart your sister, she can join my OH NO YOU DIDN'T club :thumbs:

Your uncle, well,.....

Timeline

I puffy heart your sister, she can join my OH NO YOU DIDN'T club :thumbs:

Your uncle, well,.....

Awww, thanks Len! Yeah, she is no joke...

i like your new avatar!

love0038.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Salaam & good morning everyone,

Has anyone else seen this regarding the Eid Al-Adha commemorative postage stamp? It's an e-mail rumor about how the Obama's created this postage stamp and Muslims are "bad"...etc... etc...

Goes something like this:

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993,

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon,

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military Barracks in Saudi Arabia,

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa,

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE.

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the World Trade Center on 9/11/01.

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM

attacks. Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class holiday postage stamp.

I strongly urge you to REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this

stamp when purchasing your holiday stamps at the post office. To use this stamp

would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands

of those whom this stamp honors. I also strongly urge you to pass this along to every Patriotic AMERICAN you know, whether by email.

i woke up to it this morning in my e-mail inbox... but you know what is really, really messed up?

Is that one of my aunts sent it to me?? She sent it to me on a long distribution, but still it ended up in my inbox? What was she thinking?

if anyone is interested, this stamp actually came into circulation in 2001 and was re-issued in 2002, in an effort to celebrate diversity and community during the holiday season, similar to the Hannukah stamps and Kwanzaa stamps...

http://factcheck.org/2009/09/muslim-stamp/

Wow! And like people & governments of other religions have never attacked or killed innocent Muslims!!! What hypocrites are they to write something like that!!!!

I'm sorry your aunt sent something like that to you........don't feel bad, I have Islamaphobes in my own family, my own brother for one! I never put down other people's religions, because I don't like them to do that to me (my husband and I are Muslim), but I find that the sort of people who put down other people's religions, often try to force their religion on to other people, being very self-righteous. Most of those types are big hypocrites and very prejudiced. I avoid those people at all costs, even if it's family.

Salam :star:

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Timeline
Thanks, Zahra and everybody for the happy thoughts.... :thumbs:

love0038.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
When I would receive these sort of emails, I would send the mass email back with the snopes link.

I would also put in my email message about how I was disappointed that they didn't check the facts before they sent out an email that helped spread lies, hatred and intolerance.

Thank you for the inspiration! I got this back in November - from my DAD - but looked it up in my email and did the "reply all" with the snopes link. I was a little less nice than you - I just put something about how I don't want to get that kind of BS in my email, it's incorrect information, and I find it insulting. He probably won't like it, but this isn't the first anti-Muslim email I've gotten from family. Seriously, do they THINK before they include me in their forwarding?

venusfire

I think maybe they are sending the emails out in mass email, so you get included. They probably don't even realize they have included you, until they get a response back from you. The one thing about being included...is that you learn how they really feel and think. It also gives you the opportunity to try to "set the record straight."

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline
I think maybe they are sending the emails out in mass email, so you get included. They probably don't even realize they have included you, until they get a response back from you. The one thing about being included...is that you learn how they really feel and think. It also gives you the opportunity to try to "set the record straight."

Oh, it was absolutely a mass forward email. I think that's one reason I hate those so much - people stupidly just send any ###### out to everyone in their address book WITHOUT THINKING. See, I'm the kind of person who doesn't do that. I rarely forward anything, and when I do it's only to a few people I think will enjoy it. More importantly, I NEVER send out those hate filled BS ones. If anyone has noticed me at all on here, one thing I hope they've noticed is that I don't hate people (esp for reasons like race or religion), but I DO hate confrontation. But I DO get quite irritated about some of these things I have had to deal with - and I'm sure many of you have faced the same unfair bull.

First it was the fact that my SO felt he had to side-step the questions I asked out of curiosity (about his ethnic background, religion, etc). It really bugs the hell outta me that he had to worry that I might lose interest in his friendship (which is what it was at first) because he's a Muslim/Arab/African.

Second was the annoying, uninformed "advice" I got from friends, family members, and even new acquaintances about how much 'danger' I was in, how stupid and crazy I was for even entertaining the thought of flying to Morocco. The things that people accused him of just because of their prejudice sickened and continue to sicken me.

Third was seeing how others' reactions have affected the sweet, wonderful, sensitive man I am PROUD to call my husband. Some people I know like to spout off about how these untraditional "mixed marriages" have no chance because we're not "the same" (even though my ex and I were very much alike on paper, were miserable together, and he's the one person on earth I might actually HATE - because after all I did for him, he's trying to screw me over and take my kids away, even going so far as to file false abuse charges against me - luckily not believed - in a selfish attempt to ruin my life; my husband and I are "nothing alike" on paper, but are very compatible and happy). Why can't people stop and think for half a second and realize that the only problem we have because of our "differences" are dealing with the stress of people talking about us and feeling (sometimes) that we need to defend ourselves and each other? I hate having to see my husband worry that my ex might actually be able to take full custody of my children just because I married a non-Christian. I have reassured him, but I don't know if I really convinced him completely.

Fourth is knowing - and being reminded through things like these stupid "forwards" - that even people who are nice to my husband to his face (and I'm including family members here) might expect him to blow something up and/or harm me in some way. I just wonder if they believe that all Muslims are terrorists, or do they scratch their heads, wondering how "someone like him" could be (act?) so nice.

I don't know - maybe what bothers me the most is knowing that their attitudes toward "people like him" is so ingrained and automatic that they don't even think to check their list of recipients to make sure not to "accidently" send it to me?

I know one thing - it is very difficult to live with the conflict inside of wanting to love the people I grew up with, and the people I met and considered friends, but feeling that doing so is a slap in my husband's face. It makes me appreciate so much more the people who don't have those horrible "_____-ist" attitudes.

Venusfire

met online May 2006

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

married January 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

check cashed 27 May 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

Timeline

ok, I hate emotional discomfort, so I have to make a little joke (which does not in any way mean that I don't really feel all that I posted above):

someone on here once said I should "complain, girl, complain" ;):jest:

venusfire

met online May 2006

married January 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

check cashed 27 May 2010

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

i think it's more stressful than our wonderful husbands want to admit.......Anas hasn't said much but i know he is hurt by it.....he told me once that he knew he would not have friends here and it was ok because he would have me.....i live in SD which is already badly prejudice between native americans and whites...when i moved here last yr from delaware i was very shocked to see alot of hate...but i can say one thing....if my husband feels even a tiny bit uncomfortable here i am packing up and returning to DE where people haven't lost brain cells from the freezing temps...lol.....

as1cERB0g410010NDMxc2x6fDIwN2xzfHNpbmNlIFwiSSBEb1wiLi4uLi4uLi4u.gif

Timeline

Oh, and here's one my sister sent to me (the same sister who came to me TWICE in the past when she needed a place to live when she was out of a job):

It's a War -- Win & come home .....

>>

>>

>> Here's one woman who is telling it like it is...in her opinion!

>>Written by a housewife from New Jersey and sounds like this is one

>>pissed off lady.

>>

>>"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not

>>started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11,

>>2001? Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not

>>brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac

>>from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania? Did nearly

>>three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or

>>crushing death that day, or didn't they?

>>

>>And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when

>>an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet...I don't. I

>>don't care at all.

>>

>>I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for

>>incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

>>

>>I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start

>>caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in

>>Saudi Arabia.

>>

>>I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off

>>Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed

>>throat.

>>

>>I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and

>>fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in

>>mosques.

>>

>>I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of

>>nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide

>>bombs.

>>

>>I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First

>>Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead

>>of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights. In the meantime,

>>when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist

>>to obtain information, know this: I don't care. When I see a fuzzy

>>photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in

>>what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured: I don't care.

>>When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not

>>to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank:

>>I don't care.

>>

>>When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat,

>>and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is

>>complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely

>>believe in your heart of hearts: I don't care.

>>

>>And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and

>>other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and -you guessed it: I don't

>>care!!!!

>>

>>If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your e-mail

>>friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this

>>ridiculous behavior!

>>

>>If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you

>>choose the latter, and then please don't complain when more atrocities

>>committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great country!

>>

>>And may I add:

>>"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a

>>difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."

>>Ronald Reagan

>>

>>I have another quote that I would like to add AND.. ..I hope you forward

>>all this.

>>

>>"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a

>>nation gone under." also by... Ronald Reagan

>>

>>One last thought for the day: In case we find ourselves starting to

>>believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should

>>remember England's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent

>>interview. When asked by one of his

>>Parliament members why he believes so much in America, he said:

>>"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want

>>in, And how many want out."

>>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

>>1. Jesus Christ

>>2. The American G. I.

>>One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

>>YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON, AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET BOTH OF THEM.

>>AMEN!

:ranting:

One thing that really bugs me is that it seems so ingrained in certain people's brains that they don't even realize they're sending this ####### to people who really don't want to get it. "Keep your prejudiced opinions to yourself, or at the VERY least, only pass them on to people who agree with you!" I think that's exactly what I'm going to write to every person who sends anything like that to me from now on.

venusfire

met online May 2006

married January 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

check cashed 27 May 2010

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.