friendlygal25

Just venting

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I joined VisaJourney about a year ago and I am very thankful to VJ because it helped us very much with my visa journey.

The reason I am posting this, it is because I just want to express how I feel about those VJers that all they’ve been doing are making fun, posting replies that irrelevant to the original posts, or giving insensitive comments to the OP or those who replied. I can say that Philippine forum in particular is not as good as before. I am very disappointed because it has been going on like this almost everyday already. I myself, is very discouraged to posts my queries anymore because I know someone will make fun out of it too regardless of the topic. I just wish that this will be stopped. I wish that if someone posts something that will be useful to those who are new in this journey , no one will ruin the discussion.

To those who understand me, thank you but to those who will not agree…well, good luck and God bless. Peace again.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I joined VisaJourney about a year ago and I am very thankful to VJ because it helped us very much with my visa journey.

The reason I am posting this, it is because I just want to express how I feel about those VJers that all they’ve been doing are making fun, posting replies that irrelevant to the original posts, or giving insensitive comments to the OP or those who replied. I can say that Philippine forum in particular is not as good as before. I am very disappointed because it has been going on like this almost everyday already. I myself, is very discouraged to posts my queries anymore because I know someone will make fun out of it too regardless of the topic. I just wish that this will be stopped. I wish that if someone posts something that will be useful to those who are new in this journey , no one will ruin the discussion.

To those who understand me, thank you but to those who will not agree…well, good luck and God bless. Peace again.

Well said.... :thumbs: :thumbs:

You can always PM (private message) anyone here if you do not feel like posting certain queries.

the replies may not be as fast...but I am sure everyone is willing to help if they can.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I really feel you on this one, I've been going through the same things. It's why I PM certain members, especially the really nice and pleasent members who have gone through the journey already. I'm sure that you will find good people on here too, Good Luck and God bless.

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

I know what you mean.

You'd be surprised at the number of highly insensitive posts on the other boards. Poor guys and gals are pouring their heart out over a number of personal circumstances (such as administrative processing, major changes in their family, etc.) and yet they get bashed and judged.

It is disappointing, to say the least.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

I know exactly what you mean..

I just send private message to reliable people i know when i have questions regarding the process because i've seen many threads (asking something about the visa process) being hijacked and sometimes the real topic is lost.

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

just dont vent coz you cant really pleased everybody...theres always people who will ruin some post and theres nothing you can do to stop it. just dont take things seriously coz this is just a forum though it is helpful but why waste time of getting disappointed to people that you dont know.

Just report those offensive posts directly to the moderator. Just press on the REPORT BUTTON located on the bottom left.

BTW, i agree on your post.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe make it a point to hit the !REPORT button when a post is inappropriate? :reading:

Maybe the mods or Capt will do something about the individual(s)? :clock:

Maybe this isn't a "family based immigration" regional sub-forum; maybe its a pimp-n-ho, lie, insult, be rude forum? :protest:

Maybe there are things I think but do not say because it is not helpful or maybe it is really because Iris forbids me! :crying:

Edited by Iris&Norman

July 26 '09 I-129F Petition Sent

Oct 6 '09 Petition Approved

November 6 '09 Medical Complete

November 12 '09 Interview Complete

November 19 '09 Visa Delivered

November 25 '09 POE

February 6 '10 Married

September 30 '10 AOS App sent - crazy overloaded!

December 13 '10 AP Email notice

December 17 '10 EAD Hardcopy received. Yeah!

Maybe make it a point to hit the !REPORT button when a post that is inappropriate? :reading:

Maybe the mods or Capt will do something about the individual(s)? :clock:

Maybe this isn't a "family based immigration" regional sub-forum; maybe its a pimp-n-ho, lie, insult, be rude forum? :protest:

Maybe there are things I think but do not say because it is not helpful or maybe it is really because Iris forbids me! :crying:

mcevoy-at-work.jpg

z191306614.jpg

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline

Well said.... :thumbs: :thumbs:

You can always PM (private message) anyone here if you do not feel like posting certain queries.

the replies may not be as fast...but I am sure everyone is willing to help if they can.

yes i agree!!.. very well said.... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Timeline

just dont vent coz you cant really pleased everybody...theres always people who will ruin some post and theres nothing you can do to stop it. just dont take things seriously coz this is just a forum though it is helpful but why waste time of getting disappointed to people that you dont know.

:thumbs::whistle: yeah correct too....

That was a great inputs friendlygal25, I agree with you. I remember this post about meeting their fiances on the web most replies are coming from our ladies here and some of them are actually fighting over that forum.

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

nicely put in words

i had horrible experience here with my posts but i read in some where that

" GREAT PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS

AVERAGE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THINGS

CHEAP PEOPLE TALK ABOUT PEOPLE,"

it did not bother me a little bcz i know only cheap people talked about me bcz of jealously. if u have any bad experience just ignore them.

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

nicely put in words

i had horrible experience here with my posts but i read in some where that

" GREAT PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS

AVERAGE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THINGS

CHEAP PEOPLE TALK ABOUT PEOPLE,"

it did not bother me a little bcz i know only cheap people talked about me bcz of jealously. if u have any bad experience just ignore them.

abby n sheryl

Yeah, I remember that post Abby, it's about your crib for Sheryl.

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Yes I Agree

Many times I have cried cuz of the mean post of some people on here

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.