joseph22

Getting some info from CSC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Perhaps I am just being incredibly impatient but...

I'm sure I'm one of many who got the emails stating the RFE was recieved and "initial processing complete... time shorter..written approval...blah blah"... But as i havent been touched in awhile since, and it seems neither has anyone else, let alone being approved, I wish I could know a bit about whats going on. While we were all going through the RFE distribution, everyone's senators and such were getting on CSC's case about getting them out. Now that we have them, we dont know whats up...so in my opinion, they havent really cleared themselves and should still be totally under the gun until some NOA2's come out.

Has anyone spoken to their senator, or perhaps even CSC themselves, to see what their plan/goal is regarding that gigantic stack of unapproved petitions? Its so frustrating to see May and June NOA1's getting approved out of VSC and thinking that CSC has taken a summer vacation after accomplishing their big RFE task. Frankly, its just not enough until they finally push some through and out to NVC. Perhaps we could use this thread to gather any and all (even if heresay) regarding where CSC stands on some REAL action!!!!!!

Sent in I-129F..................March 17th

NOA1 from CSC................March22

RFE recieved....................June 28th

RFE returned....................June 29th

RFE receipt by CSC ...........July 5th

Touched..........................July 26th

Touhced..........................July 27th

NOA2.............................July 31st...after 132 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 3 sent...................August 22nd

Medical...........................September 9th

Interview........................October 4th!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have contacted both my senators (Ca) and representative. Since it was only in the last few weeks I have yet to get an answer on what is going on at CSC. I didnt just call them either I filed a formal request for information and have talked to staffers at all three offices. So far nothing, however all three told me that their bosses were aware that there is a problem and are trying to get answers.

Just some venting here.

CSC has reached new levels of inadequacy and inefficiency and in my opinion are bordering on the criminally incompetent. I dont know what is going on but I have a feeling that their excuse is going to be the IMBRA and the reorganization of that center with NEB and TEX have caused the delays. It is incomprehensible to me that CSC can continue to be this far behind, this incompetent and this totally unprepared for any of the above mentioned issues. I know that government agencies are known for the slow pace at which they move but this has gone too far.

Everyday I try and reason this out, try to keep my hopes up and try and encourage my Fiancee but every day it is getting harder and harder to do. Two weeks ago when the IMBRA RFEs went out, everyone expected them to really start moving. Since then nothing!!!!! In our case it is even worse because after this delay we are going to be facing another delay while our I-601 waiver is processed. When we started all this I assumed that would be our biggest holdup, now after the last 4 months, the 601 will be the shorter of the two delays. I guess I just needed to vent to someone and know alot of you feel the same way. What is really bad is that there are alot of you just getting started with the journey and with CSC being so slow you are looking at a possible longer wait than we have had.

The bottom line is that the delay has gone from being slightly longer to totally unacceptable.

Okay, I dont feel any better but at least I got some of it off my chest.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Well. if this helps any, I was just approved last Monday - 7/10/06 and I have been waiting since 1/23/06 -NOA1....Pre-IMBRA....CSC is by far the slowest service center out there

Edited by snz1802

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Boy I feel and share the same frustrations as all of you. The way they have been, and have handled things in the past is completely unacceptable.

One thing that helps me (it's a stretch) is that I always try to remember that the K1 scope is much broader than VisaJourney alone. At times I think, "Damn it, they aren't doing anything, nobody on the Forum is getting approved!!!" Then I realize that we are a very small majority of petitioners. So, they could be sending out NOA2's every day, just not to anyone on the Forum.

Again, it's a stretch, but helps me "try" to bring things into prospective at times. But, we all know it is total lunacy the way things are run.

Edited by Erik

3dflagsdotcomusa2fawm8fa.gif 3dflagsdotcombrazi2fawm8bu.gif

NOA1 Date Received - 5/09/2006

Petition Transfered from NSC to CSC - 6/01/2006

Touched - 6/02/2006

Touched - 6/03/2006

IMBRA RFE Received - 06/30/2006 (Dated 06/23/2006)

IMBRA RFE Delivered - 07/01/2006 (USPS Next Day)

Touched - 07/03/2006 (Email saying they sent RFE)

Touched - 07/04/2006

Touched - 07/05/2006

Touched - 07/10/2006 (Recieved RFE Response)

Touched - 07/11/2006

Touched - 07/12/2006

Touched - 07/13/2006

Touched - 08/03/2006

NOA2 Approved - 08/03/2006

Touched - 08/06/2006

NVC Entered Case into System - 08/21/2006

Consulate in Rio de Janeiro confirms receipt - 08/29/2006 (may have arrived sooner, only got around to calling today).

Fiance sent Packet 3 to Embassy (Before she actually received it) - 09/01/2006

Fiance receives actual Packet 3 - 09/06/2006

Fiance receives Packet 4 - 09/22/2006

Medical Scheduled - 11/06/2006

Interview Scheduled - 11/07/2006

Fiance should be on her way to me! 11/10/2006

Visa Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

This delay is totally unacceptable and illogical. Dwar49 is correct, this is a gov't agency that works for us, the american taxpayer. It even makes me more sick to realize that I am paying for such incompetence and derliction of duty. In my line of work, you would not have 1 client and would be on the street begging. Reasons and excuses mean nothing, a plan of action and solution mean everthing.

We have all encountered problems, but we in the course of our everyday lives, search for a solution and then implement it. The defintion of insanity, doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Maybe they should try something new, like accountability and production standards.

I find it hard to believe that statistically speaking their have been no VJ's receive an NOA2 in the past week and even then only 3 or 4 in July. That is total bulls**t. Excuses are like assh**es, everyone has one and they all stink.... Forvgive my analogies...

3-27-06 Sent I-129F to TSC - Transferred to CSC

3-29-06 NOA 1 Receipt Date

4-04-06 NOA 1 Notice Date

4-04-06 Check clears the bank

7-03-06 Touched - RFE - IMBRA Sent Out

7-08-06 Received RFE - IMBRA - Date 6-23-06 and Postmarked 6-27-06

7-08-06 Stopped by Border Securtiy on NCIC name hit - Identity Theft two years ago and theif used my name as an alias which is now permanently tied to his criminal file as an alias - Border Security very helpful and understanding and apologetic about the situation but they have to verify I was not the perpetratpr.

7-10-06 Sent RFE

7-11-06 Received by CSC

7-19-06 Touched e-mail stating received 7-19-06 (BS)

8-03-06 Wondering ####### is taking so long - 128 days now

8-21-06 Congressional Inquiry

8-24-06 NOA2 WHoooohoooo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
This delay is totally unacceptable and illogical. Dwar49 is correct, this is a gov't agency that works for us, the american taxpayer. It even makes me more sick to realize that I am paying for such incompetence and derliction of duty. In my line of work, you would not have 1 client and would be on the street begging. Reasons and excuses mean nothing, a plan of action and solution mean everthing.

We have all encountered problems, but we in the course of our everyday lives, search for a solution and then implement it. The defintion of insanity, doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Maybe they should try something new, like accountability and production standards.

I find it hard to believe that statistically speaking their have been no VJ's receive an NOA2 in the past week and even then only 3 or 4 in July. That is total bulls**t. Excuses are like assh**es, everyone has one and they all stink.... Forvgive my analogies...

Right there with ya Tex :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Right there with ya Tex :thumbs:

thanks kitkat1. If was not for the support of all VJ's, I would have already gone insane. Sorry to vent, but it does help. I have to believe we will see some positive movement soon. I have contacted my congressmans office with the same responses that they have a backlog. No ###### sherlock, a backlog. I would have never guessed. I am now going to my senators and pursue answers from them. Does CSC have a plan to eliminate the backlog? What are they doing about? Can the accurately predict their adjucation of our cases?

I guess not, no leadership, no accountability.

3-27-06 Sent I-129F to TSC - Transferred to CSC

3-29-06 NOA 1 Receipt Date

4-04-06 NOA 1 Notice Date

4-04-06 Check clears the bank

7-03-06 Touched - RFE - IMBRA Sent Out

7-08-06 Received RFE - IMBRA - Date 6-23-06 and Postmarked 6-27-06

7-08-06 Stopped by Border Securtiy on NCIC name hit - Identity Theft two years ago and theif used my name as an alias which is now permanently tied to his criminal file as an alias - Border Security very helpful and understanding and apologetic about the situation but they have to verify I was not the perpetratpr.

7-10-06 Sent RFE

7-11-06 Received by CSC

7-19-06 Touched e-mail stating received 7-19-06 (BS)

8-03-06 Wondering ####### is taking so long - 128 days now

8-21-06 Congressional Inquiry

8-24-06 NOA2 WHoooohoooo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.