skybri

NVC Has not received case...still!!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

90 Days and the NVC has not received our I-129F petition from the USCIS...

Sent a copy of our NOA2 letter to the NVC.

Contacted my congresswoman. The immigration department has yet to respond on what she is doing.

We're thinking of me just going to her country, getting married and doing an IR-1 instead.

Any comments on others in the same situation on how you got through or what's happening?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Contacted my congresswoman. The immigration department has yet to respond on what she is doing.

We're thinking of me just going to her country, getting married and doing an IR-1 instead.

Any comments on others in the same situation on how you got through or what's happening?

Well.. do you feel like going to square 1 to a process that takes even a greater amount of time...

If so, go ahead and sign up...

The key to this whole process is patience... get some...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If I were you I wouldn't start over but that's just me. That would take soooo long and once yours gets to the NVC you're so close. Hang in there, and keep calling around, especially the USCIS offices.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
If I were you I wouldn't start over but that's just me. That would take soooo long and once yours gets to the NVC you're so close. Hang in there, and keep calling around, especially the USCIS offices.

Congrats on your visa approval. :dance: I am so happy for you. My fiance is from Algeria. Please pray for us.. its been almost 120 days since they have had our petition. Still waiting on a NOA 2.

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry about your situation. I know exactly how it feels knowing you have an approved petition, and people who are approved on or after your date are moving along with the process while your still at a stand still. Me and husband WERE in the same boat. However, all that changed once we involved a congress person. They put in an inquiry and it was noted that our approved petition was sent to the records department instead of NVC. (This inquiry in itself took about 30 days) They have now corrected the mistake and have sent it to NVC. We just got our case number today. So hopefully things will move along nicely with no more hickups.

my thoughts to you is please please be patient. Yes, I know its hard, but its much better than starting over. Because even if you start over, there is no guarantee that the USCIS won't crew up. You just never know. It will cost you money to travel to where your fiance is, the wedding will also cost money...all the time you've spend to date would be in vain. I don't suggest starting over, hopefully your congress person will get back to you and you can move forward as well.

Whatever you and your fiance decide... I wish you the best. Good Luck!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I-130

1/3/06: Mailed Petition CSC

1/4/06: Package received per fedex.com

1/12/06: NOA 1

2/3/06: Touched

5/2/06: Received email notification that petition approved on 5/1/06

5/5/06: Received NOA 2 via snail mail

5/17/06: NVC issues case #

I-129F - K3

1/31/06: Mailed Petition to Chicago

2/3/06: Received

2/7/06: NOA 1

4/17/06: NOA 2 - Notified by email; petition approved on April 13th

4/20/06: Received NOA 2 via snail mail

5/19/06: Still waiting on NVC to receive approved 129-F....(what's the hold up)

6/10/06: Involved congress person

6/19/06: Rec'd letter stating that inquiry was made to both NVC and USCIS regarding status of my petition

6/21/06: Travelled to go see my better half (boy was I excited)

7/3/06: Left my love once again (hopefully we shall see eachother soonest)

7/10/06: Followed up with congress person

7/10/06: Notified case was sent to the wrong place (go figure...how does it take 90 days to push paper from one location to the next) and has now been forwarded to NVC

7/18/06: NVC received case and has now issued a case number

7/20/06: NVC forwarded case to embassy

7/28/06: Lagos embassy confirms receipt of case into system

8/1/06: Pick up packet 3 and 4

8/25/06: Interview Date

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Same boat? HA!

Me and Skybri are now co-captains of the ship!

NOA2 was April 17, 2006.

Since then... nothing!

Still waiting.

94 days and counting...

stay tuned for developments.

• adamlovesamber4ha.gif

Timeline

--------------------

January 19 2006 I-129F sent to TSC (Day 1)

- (Subsequently transferred to CSC)

January 27 2006-NOA1 (Day 9)

January to April - Tried to keep her patient and calm as we waited!

April 17 2006 - NOA2 (Day 89)

... 91 days ...

July 17 2006 - NVC ~ After 91 days, FINALLY received by NVC! (Day 180)

July 21 to August 8 2006 - Flew down to visit Amber in Florida (ZERO problems at border)

Jul 25 2006 - Packet 3 received

August - ABANDONED PROCESS

How many DAYS has it been since you sent in your application?

Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

However, all that changed once we involved a congress person. They put in an inquiry and it was noted that our approved petition was sent to the records department instead of NVC. (This inquiry in itself took about 30 days) They have now corrected the mistake and have sent it to NVC. We just got our case number today. So hopefully things will move along nicely with no more hickups.

Welcome on board? Huhhh... they really like torture people's patience. It's easy for others to say be patient when their cases are actually moving, not stuck, right? ;)

Menefe, please reply how did you knew this information about sending to wrong place, they replied to congress person by e-mail, phone, fax? And where's that misterious records department , at USCIS??? Congratulation on your NUMBER at last!

TO everyone who stuck. How do you annoy them both to USCIS and NVC to know the status of your case: by phone, e-mail or by the help of senators or congress people?

1. We send e-mails to NVC every week and to CSC every 2 weeks.

2. Call to NVC automated system once every 2-3 days.

SHARE your experience how to reach them!

Skybri, what's your NOA2 date and timeline?

Edited by MaClaud

K-1 Visa Process

27th of Aug 2004 - got acquainted

24th of Dec 2005 - spent Xmas holidays together

4th of Feb 2006 - sent I-129F petition to Texas Service Center

14th of Feb - lost our personal letters, resent even more

28th of Feb - California Service Center received our case (received date of NOA1)

6th of March - NOA1 (notice date)

1st of May - NOA2 (first one)

26th of June - NOA2 (second one, no RFE!)

27th of June - *touched*

11th of July - *touched again*

12th of July - reply from NVC (don't have our case yet) :((

14th-21th of August -FINALLY made CSC sent out our case to NVC!!!

28st of August - letter from NVC confirming our case will be sent to Moscow Embassy within a week.

8th of September - Moscow Embassy replied they still don't have it :'(

1st of October - Yellow package has been sent

4th of October - Date of the interview: 7th of December

Rescheduled date of interview on EARLIER date (due to kid's school exams): 17th of October 2006!

17th of Ocotber - Stressful interview has successfully GONE!

20th of October - got passport with visas at the office DHL on Tverskaya st.

22th of October - WE'RE TOGETHER AT LAST! WOOOOO-HOOOOO!

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: Other Country: Tonga
Timeline
Same boat? HA!

Me and Skybri are now co-captains of the ship!

NOA2 was April 17, 2006.

Since then... nothing!

Still waiting.

94 days and counting...

stay tuned for developments.

Attention on Deck! The Admiral is coming aboard.

I’m on my second leg and June 12, 2006 NSC said they sent it to NVC, NVC still says as of July 23, 2006 We have yet to receive it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

• All hands, this is your co-captain speaking!
    NOA2 was April 17, 2006.
    Since then... nothing!
    Until...
    July 19 Fiance in Florida received a letter dated July 17 from NVC.
    It says they have received our case, assigned a new case number, and it will be forwarded to the embassy in Montreal within the week.
    Quickly, we must make port so I may debark!
    Admiral, although you technically outrank Captain Skybri, I believe that as a commissioned officer, he still has authority over the ship.
    I very gladly resign, and wish you a very short journey to port NVC!

• adamlovesamber4ha.gif

Timeline

--------------------

January 19 2006 I-129F sent to TSC (Day 1)

- (Subsequently transferred to CSC)

January 27 2006-NOA1 (Day 9)

January to April - Tried to keep her patient and calm as we waited!

April 17 2006 - NOA2 (Day 89)

... 91 days ...

July 17 2006 - NVC ~ After 91 days, FINALLY received by NVC! (Day 180)

July 21 to August 8 2006 - Flew down to visit Amber in Florida (ZERO problems at border)

Jul 25 2006 - Packet 3 received

August - ABANDONED PROCESS

How many DAYS has it been since you sent in your application?

Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

Unless the rules have changed in a year, Romania is one of those countries where the USC need not be a resident of the country to file DCF. You may inquire with the embassy that you are planning to marry on xyz day and would like to submit the I-130 petition around that time. I would also explain to them that a K-1 visa is out there in the universe so that they do not think you are trying to hide something. The process can take less than a month in Romania if you have all your paperwork prepared beforehand. Ours took 16 days.

All the best,

Christine :luv:

Edited by kofuku

WBhW.jpgbunbuntdg20060306_-8_Amira%20is.png

REMOVING CONDITIONS

6/30/07 - Mailed I-751 via Priority Mail with Delivery notification

7/02/07 - Delivered to USCIS in Laguna Niguel,CA

7/07/07 - CSC returns I-751 packet because we used an older I-751 version. Mailed I-751 with latest(02/07) version via Priority Mail with delivery notification

7/09/07 - Deliverd to USCIS

7/10/07 - NOA date

7/12/07 - USCIS cashes check

7/21/07 - NOA received(GC extended for one year)

7/24/07 - Biometrics notice received

8/10/07 - Biometrics appointment in W. LA

8/28/07 - Card production ordered

8/29/07 - Approval notice received online

8/30/07 - Approval notice recieved in mail

9/04/07 - 10 yr GC received in mail

Jedi, CONGRATULATIONS to our co-captain!!! Wow, at last! They are really won't bite Turtles-Ninjas! LOL

Pipe all hands on the deck! LEt's debark all at NVC port! :)

Martindart, why didn't you apply for another visa waiting so long? so patient? it's awesome... video of speaking Vietnamese? jesus, they are go insane? never heard anything like that...

Skybri, Kofuku really gave you the Brilliant advice! I THINK YOU'D FOLLOW IT ASAP... huuh, why I moved from moldova and lost my citizenship to file dcf too there?:( 16 days! It's just UNBELIEVEABLE!

K-1 Visa Process

27th of Aug 2004 - got acquainted

24th of Dec 2005 - spent Xmas holidays together

4th of Feb 2006 - sent I-129F petition to Texas Service Center

14th of Feb - lost our personal letters, resent even more

28th of Feb - California Service Center received our case (received date of NOA1)

6th of March - NOA1 (notice date)

1st of May - NOA2 (first one)

26th of June - NOA2 (second one, no RFE!)

27th of June - *touched*

11th of July - *touched again*

12th of July - reply from NVC (don't have our case yet) :((

14th-21th of August -FINALLY made CSC sent out our case to NVC!!!

28st of August - letter from NVC confirming our case will be sent to Moscow Embassy within a week.

8th of September - Moscow Embassy replied they still don't have it :'(

1st of October - Yellow package has been sent

4th of October - Date of the interview: 7th of December

Rescheduled date of interview on EARLIER date (due to kid's school exams): 17th of October 2006!

17th of Ocotber - Stressful interview has successfully GONE!

20th of October - got passport with visas at the office DHL on Tverskaya st.

22th of October - WE'RE TOGETHER AT LAST! WOOOOO-HOOOOO!

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: Other Country: Tonga
Timeline

Martindart, why didn't you apply for another visa waiting so long? so patient? it's awesome... video of speaking Vietnamese? jesus, they are go insane? never heard anything like that...

If you don't overturn the Interviewing Consulate Officer findings his/her decision will follow the new petition and be grounds to deny the next petition. Would you risk waiting that long just to be denied again? Reaffirming NSC approval was my choice. don't you agree? Should you be denied at the Interview you'll understand.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

augh, I had no idea there could be delays at the NVC too...

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Hello everyody,

Sorry about the delay, I know exactly how you feel. We were in the same situation and got the problem resolved with the help of the congressman. After the congressman's office put an inquiry, we found out that our case had never left the building :blink:

They finally sent it out (the process took 5 weeks) and it successfully reached the NVC. Everything was going ok, up untill NVC sent it to the wrong embassy :( . It's been 3 weeks now since the case was forwarded to the right embassy and hasn't been recieved yet...

i agree with MaClaude and urge you to contact your congressperson or senator asap. That is the only way to get a reliable information (Did you know that when a congressperson calls the USCIS, they have to physically go and look for the case?).

Anyway, I wish everybody good luck and patience. (F)

I-485 AOS Timeline:

September 14, 2006- AOS package filed

September 20, 2006 - NOA1 for both AOS & EAD

September 27, 2006 - Biometrics appt letter recieved

October 5, 2006- Biometrics taken

October 10, 2006 - both I485 & EAD touched

November 1, 2006 - I485 touched

November 21, 2006 - still waiting ......

December 7,8,9 - touched

December 11, 2006- approval notice via email

December 15, 2006 - EAD arrives in mail with the wrong dates (03/21/07-03/20/08)

December 18, 2006 -InfoPass re: wrong dates (fixing the card will take another 90 days...)

January 13, 15, 2007-both I485, EAD touched

February 25, 2007 - Initial interview letter recieved in mail

April 18, 2007-Interview!

May 7, 2007- Approval notice sent

May 11, 2007-Permanent Residency Card arrived in mail

February 2, 2009- I -751 filed

February 6, 2009- NOA received

April 8, 2009- I 751 approved!

June 20, 2009- GC received

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.