meauxna

Naturalization Success-the US has a few more citizens today

41 posts in this topic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!! congratulations!!! Tell your husband "Welcome to the club". We'll have to teach him the secret USC handshake now.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

HUGE CONGRATS!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Much posing for pictures ensued and I presented the DAH with a US flag that had been flown over the US Capitol in his honor (certificate to prove it!) which touched even The Big Stoic himself & was a big hit (17 bucks well spent).

Would be neat to have seen this ceremony -- great writeup :).

My Darling Alien Husband has recently been upgraded to Darling American Husband!

After a whirlwind day last week, he has now experienced his interview (15-20 minutes) & passed all questions 100% (an obsessive goal of his), was recommended for approval, had everything completed by the noon deadline and enjoyed his same-day oath ceremony to finish it all off by going to bed as a US citizen with a gutload of the Midwest's finest beef.

After an hour and a half break, we returned to the USCIS building with family in tow and filed along upstairs to the auditorium with the other 35 citizen candidates from 17 countries and assembled for the boilerplate videos and a very nice talk from our District Director. Leaving politics (almost) aside, he emphasized the balance and beauty of the Constitution and urged everyone to work to protect it. It was interesting to hear a man with 30+ (IIRC) years' experience in the Department condense 'patriotism' down to the most important document.

As corny as all of we meauxna-family cynics expected it to be, we were all surprised to be genuinely moved through the ceremony. The DD had all the candidates stand and give their country of origin as an introduction. Eventually, all were called forward one by one and presented with their Certificates, a US flag and a message from the President. Much posing for pictures ensued and I presented the DAH with a US flag that had been flown over the US Capitol in his honor (certificate to prove it!) which touched even The Big Stoic himself & was a big hit (17 bucks well spent).

The Portland office maintains its commitment to a 6 month turnaround for naturalization, and as usual, the staff there were human, friendly and helpful as well as genuinely excited for us all. We partied with a festive dinner and are still buzzing about it all days later. The DAH has mentioned the happy surprise of how enthusiastic other Americans are at hearing his news--everyone has made a real fuss over him & the barkeep bought him a drink at dinner.

The next step is a quick trip to Seattle to the Passport Agency--we're traveling in less than a week. I'd asked the group about this earlier and did some searches--for the curious, he *could* travel in the Western hemisphere and return without a passport (http://www.customs.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/documents_needed.xml). However, the cost and time invloved in replacing a Certificate of Naturalization makes it worth burning up some gas and time to go to Seattle.

I imagine there are a thousand details I could add to this report, but there is nothing magic for you to know by this point--take your paperwork, answer the questions & follow the instructions. You'll walk out as a USC. :)

I'm surprised at how proud I am of the DAH, and how much it meant to him, finally. It was not so much an achievement for him as the conclusion to our interim plans but it really did signal a conclusion of sorts, and cemented what he already felt: that the US is his home, and he's one of Us.

I-130 filed Aug02.

USC July06.

/

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

What a fabulous day for the meauxna family! Congratulations to all of you :)

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i couldnt be happier for you Mo!!!!! Just tomorrow my DH leaves for Toronto to become a citizen of Canada. we are just as excited!!!!

It must feel lovely to be REALLY free!!!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Oh that's terrific news too!!!! Send him our best wishes & tell him we expect him to play for our team one day, too. :)

Thank you all! :D

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Timeline
My Darling Alien Husband has recently been upgraded to Darling American Husband!

After a whirlwind day last week, he has now experienced his interview (15-20 minutes) & passed all questions 100% (an obsessive goal of his), was recommended for approval, had everything completed by the noon deadline and enjoyed his same-day oath ceremony to finish it all off by going to bed as a US citizen with a gutload of the Midwest's finest beef.

After an hour and a half break, we returned to the USCIS building with family in tow and filed along upstairs to the auditorium with the other 35 citizen candidates from 17 countries and assembled for the boilerplate videos and a very nice talk from our District Director. Leaving politics (almost) aside, he emphasized the balance and beauty of the Constitution and urged everyone to work to protect it. It was interesting to hear a man with 30+ (IIRC) years' experience in the Department condense 'patriotism' down to the most important document.

As corny as all of we meauxna-family cynics expected it to be, we were all surprised to be genuinely moved through the ceremony. The DD had all the candidates stand and give their country of origin as an introduction. Eventually, all were called forward one by one and presented with their Certificates, a US flag and a message from the President. Much posing for pictures ensued and I presented the DAH with a US flag that had been flown over the US Capitol in his honor (certificate to prove it!) which touched even The Big Stoic himself & was a big hit (17 bucks well spent).

The Portland office maintains its commitment to a 6 month turnaround for naturalization, and as usual, the staff there were human, friendly and helpful as well as genuinely excited for us all. We partied with a festive dinner and are still buzzing about it all days later. The DAH has mentioned the happy surprise of how enthusiastic other Americans are at hearing his news--everyone has made a real fuss over him & the barkeep bought him a drink at dinner.

The next step is a quick trip to Seattle to the Passport Agency--we're traveling in less than a week. I'd asked the group about this earlier and did some searches--for the curious, he *could* travel in the Western hemisphere and return without a passport (http://www.customs.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/documents_needed.xml). However, the cost and time invloved in replacing a Certificate of Naturalization makes it worth burning up some gas and time to go to Seattle.

I imagine there are a thousand details I could add to this report, but there is nothing magic for you to know by this point--take your paperwork, answer the questions & follow the instructions. You'll walk out as a USC. :)

I'm surprised at how proud I am of the DAH, and how much it meant to him, finally. It was not so much an achievement for him as the conclusion to our interim plans but it really did signal a conclusion of sorts, and cemented what he already felt: that the US is his home, and he's one of Us.

I-130 filed Aug02.

USC July06.

/

Condratulations MEAUXNA!

I am very happy for you!

My very Best Wishes! (F)

Sincerely.

WOOHOOOOOOOOOO Mo.....YEEHAAAAAAAAAA

Drinks all around girlsout5iv.gif

Awesome news.......CONGRATULATIONS

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

congratulations

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

All I can say is YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! :dance::thumbs:

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ta, all. We made the one day dash for the passport and were successful--I will write that up later.

I keep remembering funny things about all this. Like, somehow someway I did not have a copy for my records of the DS-230 so I sent a note into the interview with the DAH and asked him to ask the officer nicely if I could have one. Since the whole file from the beginning of time was there, she was happy to accomodate us. Well, she laughed a little. :D

I mention it to remind all of you who feel like a cog in the machine that there are real people working there, and when you get a chance to interact with one individually, they really can be quite nice!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Congratulations!!!

Does this mean your Visa Journey is over? :crying:

I'm hoping (for entirely selfish reasons) you will still visit us. You are a :star: and I would probably still be figuring out the DCF or how to fix a BIG mistake if you hadn't created the guide/FAQ and helped along the way

Met Misho in Cabo San Lucas, August 3, 2003

Many trips back to Cabo, August-September, 2003

Xmas/Kolda in Bulgaria, December-January, 2004

Civil Ceremony in Sofia, Bulgaria September 8th

Appointment to file I-130 September 10, 2004. Approved!!!

Wedding Celebration with family & friends September 12, 2004

Flight back to San Diego September 14th...waiting....

Misho's VISA interview October 8th

We bought the ticket! Misho arrives October 14th!

Home together!

I-751 mailed August 15, 2006

Check cashed August 28, 2006

I-767C, Notice of Action recevied

Biometrics Appointment September 12, 2006

Approved! 10 Year Greencard received December 27, 2006

Our Wedding

April 19, 2008- Learned he was a liar, cheater and religious fanatic in that order. Filed for divorce May 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

To Meauxna and her DAH,

Heartfelt congratulations! What a great story and well told. The flag was a stroke of genius.

It's wonderful that you've reached the light at the end of the tunnel (and to hear that it is possible).

Very best wishes,

Maya, Chyangba, and our little monkey (our son)

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats to your DH for his naturalization.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi All,

I take the Oath tomorrow on the 21st.

I took the exam and interview back on June 28th.

My sentence to read and write was, "They all work well".

The exam was pretty easy. I had a short verbal exam where I was asked 4 questions.

The problem I had was that the interviewers English was worse than mine that I had a difficult time understanding them.

Phase 1 will be over tomorrow, but the fun is not over yet. Just two weeks ago I filed a K1 for my fiancee.

I must love punishment.

Willy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

OMG, how did I miss this,..

My warmest congratulations to Meauxna, and her darling hubby...

Jodee :thumbs:

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.