Bralaheh

previous employment???

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everybody...I have another question about my G-325A. I have, in the past five years, moved jobs pretty frequently. Some due to advancements and some due to irresponsibility on my part a few years ago. Regardless I'm not sure if I know all the places, or at least all the dates of the places I've worked in the past five years. Those things were never important to me so I never stored them in the ol' memory bank. What do I do to find the exact dates?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
You can call your old jobs and ask for the dates you worked there. They should have that information.

well i had heard someone say once that there was a place you could get that information. 4-5 years ago I was the kind of guy who wouldn't take ###### from some lousy manager and i'd quit and get another job. the unfortunate thing is is that i was being a child and did this often. it was more me being a kid than them being an ####. even tho some of them were definitely asses. regardless, i had so many jobs i can't even remember them all. sometimes i go to a restaurant and realize, "hey i used to work here"! i think of it as funny now but it still isn't making this process any easier

You can call your old jobs and ask for the dates you worked there. They should have that information.

well i had heard someone say once that there was a place you could get that information. 4-5 years ago I was the kind of guy who wouldn't take ###### from some lousy manager and i'd quit and get another job. the unfortunate thing is is that i was being a child and did this often. it was more me being a kid than them being an ####. even tho some of them were definitely asses. regardless, i had so many jobs i can't even remember them all. sometimes i go to a restaurant and realize, "hey i used to work here"! i think of it as funny now but it still isn't making this process any easier

I´d really like to know the answer to this too, I had trouble remembering exact dates for previous places I´ve lived...lol.

Anyway, I´m confused because when I was filling all this stuff out at the Consulate in Frankfurt (we are doing DCF) they told us that an "estimate" was fine if we couldn´t remeber everything. I just figured that current information was more important (current employment, current residence, etc.). But, then I see some on VJ are dotting every "i" and crossing every "t"???

Maybe for me it didn´t seem like that big of a deal because in the US we often put "estimates" on all kinds of things, resumes being one of them. Heck, in the US we even leave gaps unexplained on our resumes, as everyone just assumes you were unemployed, so why should you have to say it? But, in Germany, for example, they want to see every little detail on you resume from grade school to today. Including what you had for breakfast the morning you switched jobs. LOL.

Then again I´ve never listed my employment places for the US government before!! So I cannot tell what they are looking for, and I´ll bet since this whole process is run by human beings with differing opinions that this is likely a ####### shoot?

Sorry I am not more help. Hopefully, someone can provide a better answer for you. Guess I´ll know if I get an RFE.

Anyone else?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

God help us if there is a central registry of where we all work. There is such a thing in the former Soviet Union, but none here yet.

Fill it out to the best of your knowledge.

Anf FUYI you are entering a process in which you are about to take a bunch of ####### off a bunch of people for quite a while. Get used to it.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

God help us if there is a central registry of where we all work. There is such a thing in the former Soviet Union, but none here yet.

Fill it out to the best of your knowledge.

Anf FUYI you are entering a process in which you are about to take a bunch of ####### off a bunch of people for quite a while. Get used to it.

Gary,

THERE IS!! It's on your "permanent record" maintained by 75 year old spinsters. Where do you think all those notations went that your parents or teachers threatened you with as a youngster? Yes, right there on your permanent record. Just google it tonight! Make sure you use your name and not mine, as mine is VERY long and full of quotes from me about putting something on my permanent record...

~Winston Smith, the movie "1984"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

April 21, 2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Received in Chicago

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.