Peachey

Halloween!

119 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
awww.. I love rockets!!! :( lol

You mean, "Smarties"? :hehe: (my husband and I argue about this everyday...)

What were those chewy brown things in the orange wrappers? they were so gross, yuck. And why don't people give out candy corn anymore?! I love candy corn.

I seriously went out for Halloween until I was 14. After that I would take my little sister out and make her share her candy profits... Until I reached 18 and decided I needed to get over it.

Most of the kids in the neighbourhood used to throw those things at each other. I NEVER saw anyone eat one.

So you gave up on your little sister and grabbed little kids in the neighbourhood and forced them to go out hunting for candy with you? :devil:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What were those chewy brown things in the orange wrappers? they were so gross, yuck. And why don't people give out candy corn anymore?! I love candy corn.

I seriously went out for Halloween until I was 14. After that I would take my little sister out and make her share her candy profits... Until I reached 18 and decided I needed to get over it.

Most of the kids in the neighbourhood used to throw those things at each other. I NEVER saw anyone eat one.

So you gave up on your little sister and grabbed little kids in the neighbourhood and forced them to go out hunting for candy with you? :devil:

I loved those chewy brown things in the orange wrappers! They were sort of like molasses chews or something. Now I'm craving one...

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

No.. .Smarties are smarties :P i.e. the Nestlé chocolate kind.

There are some things I am going to be stubborn on, and that's going to be calling stuff by their original Canadian names. lol! I can picture myself now at the store seeing 'U.S. Smarties' and being like 'oh look! Rockets!'.... hahah

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

There are some things I am going to be stubborn on, and that's going to be calling stuff by their original Canadian names. lol! I can picture myself now at the store seeing 'U.S. Smarties' and being like 'oh look! Rockets!'.... hahah

Smarties will always be the Nestle chocolate ones to me.

I like M&Ms better anyway :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I bought some halloween pencils, erasers and candy yesterday. Today I'm going to go buy little treat bags to put them in for all his class mates. Yes I do this every single year and yes it earns him brownie points okay. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

I bought some halloween pencils, erasers and candy yesterday. Today I'm going to go buy little treat bags to put them in for all his class mates. Yes I do this every single year and yes it earns him brownie points okay. :lol:

Never hurts to get brownies points every once and a while. :whistle:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

I loved those chewy brown things in the orange wrappers! They were sort of like molasses chews or something. Now I'm craving one...

SICKO! :lol: Eating those probably turned you teh gehy. :lol: Actually this is proof positive that there is no God. :lol:

Mom used to go to Loblaws and buy cupcakes for all of my classmates every year so you're doing the right thing. :thumbs:

IR5

Timeline

i would love to have a dirndle ( you know that german outfit from the oktoberfest for girls ), since I am german but lived in canada for 20 years i would wear that with a toque yup gotha have a pompom on it and big snowboots , lol

but since I dont have what I realy would like to wear , hmmm I guess I just put a white bedsheat over me cut 2 holes in it for the eyes ,cut a plast pumpkin in half use it as a hat and vo la the halloween ghost is in mass , lol

and yes i use to always go trough the candies my kids brought home , half of them use to end up in the trash cose eather the wrapper wasnt wrapped close , or I was to paranoid thinking people use needles to inject drugs in

( apples or home made rice crispy squares or other home made stuff )

now I since my kids are adults them selfs I still give out candies but i buy the once where the wrappers are seald

like sours or lil chocolates chips extr HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Timeline
i would love to have a dirndle ( you know that german outfit from the oktoberfest for girls ), since I am german but lived in canada for 20 years i would wear that with a toque yup gotha have a pompom on it and big snowboots , lol

but since I dont have what I realy would like to wear , hmmm I guess I just put a white bedsheat over me cut 2 holes in it for the eyes ,cut a plast pumpkin in half use it as a hat and vo la the halloween ghost is in mass , lol

and yes i use to always go trough the candies my kids brought home , half of them use to end up in the trash cose eather the wrapper wasnt wrapped close , or I was to paranoid thinking people use needles to inject drugs in

now I since my kids are adults them selfs I still give out candies but i buy the once where the wrappers are seald

Lona, it's always a pleasure to hear from you! :thumbs: A dirndle is a great costume the only downside is that people will just keep giving you orders for beer. :lol: Cheap and easy costume this year is to put a paper bag over your head and go as a Leafs fan. :lol: All the homemade stuff we got on Halloween either went in the trash or went outside to feed the birds, so that's not paranoid. Sleeping Beauty ate an apple from a little old lady and look at what happened to her. :lol:

IR5

Timeline

My mom was the same way, but I don't blame her. We actually had a few people who handed out Magic Brownies...to kids! She actually has her Dirndle still, its so cute but it will not fit me :lol:

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Lona, it's always a pleasure to hear from you! :thumbs: A dirndle is a great costume the only downside is that people will just keep giving you orders for beer. :lol: Cheap and easy costume this year is to put a paper bag over your head and go as a Leafs fan. :lol: All the homemade stuff we got on Halloween either went in the trash or went outside to feed the birds, so that's not paranoid. Sleeping Beauty ate an apple from a little old lady and look at what happened to her. :lol:

hey Mumsie good to see you too , lmao i like the idea with the paperbag , lol here in Mass we even got huge papperbags ( we have to use them for the yard waste not allowed to used reg plastic trash bags like in canada )

lol so yup the papperbag will fit great its probly the size of a minni dress hehehe I can cut a hole for the head and arms , decorate a straw hat with leafs have a apple in my hand and a sign around my neck saying sleeping beauty has woken , lol :lol:

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Timeline
My mom was the same way, but I don't blame her. We actually had a few people who handed out Magic Brownies...to kids! She actually has her Dirndle still, its so cute but it will not fit me :lol:

Trick or treating at Cheech and Chong's? :lol:

IR5

Timeline

Is it just me or does that sort of make me sound like a pedophile? :lol: Naaa, I moved on to giving out the candy, and then mommy dear would let me keep the leftovers :P

:lol: Oh I agree with you there! I do it all the time and my husband makes fun of me. That and Mac and Cheese is "Kraft Dinner" or that darn last letter of the alphabet being "zed" You just can't change 20+ years of social programming overnight! It just doesn't work!

Timeline

we didn't know what we were going to do for Halloween but now we decided to go hang out with our nieces and nephews.. the hubby wanted to kind of dress up so we bought two afro wigs and I think we might dress the same or something.. not sure yet... the kids will think it is funny..lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.