Kimmy and PJ

I-134 IRS Tax Info.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Need an opinion - do you think there will be an issue if my prior year tax returns/transcripts do not have my current address listed?

Also, how many prior year tax returns/transcripts is everyone including?

Thank you!

Kimmy (USA) & PJ (England)

Our journey

November 19, 2008: Met online

January 15, 2009: 1st meeting in Atlantic City, NJ

February 12, 2009: PJ comes for 2nd visit - NJ

April 10, 2009: PJ surprises Kimmy with a visit to Philadelphia

April 17, 2009: PJ's 4th visit - Philadelphia

June 22, 2009: PJ's 5th visit - Philadelphia

August 14, 2009: Kimmy's 1st visit to England

August 17, 2009: PJ proposed in Paris at Notre Dame

September 21, 2009: PJ's 6th visit - Philadelphia

November 27, 2009: PJ's 1st Thanksgiving visit

January 15, 2010: PJ arrives in Philadelphia

K-1 Journey

July 24, 2009: Mailed I-129F application

July 27, 2009: Application received at VSC

July 30, 2009: Checked cashed

July 31, 2009: NOA1 Received in mail

October 5, 2009: NOA2 Received via e-mail

October 26,2009: Received letter from NVC that my I-129F has been forwarded to Embassy

November 6, 2009: Received Packet 3 from London Embassy

November 10, 2009: Mailed Packet 3 forms back to embassy - overnight delivery

November 24, 2009: Medical exam

December 7, 2009: Called DOS - Interview date scheduled

January 8, 2010: Interview - Approved!

January 12, 2010: Received Visa

February 5, 2010: Married in NYC!

February 13, 2010: Mailed I-485 application

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Need an opinion - do you think there will be an issue if my prior year tax returns/transcripts do not have my current address listed?

Also, how many prior year tax returns/transcripts is everyone including?

Thank you!

The embassy is only interested in your yearly salary. Most people show copies of their tax returns/W2s or transcripts for the last 3 years.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yugoslavia
Timeline

You need tax return with I-134 only if you are self-employed. If not you need to submit letter from your employer (include following information’s position, start date, full-time or part-time, temporary or permanent position, salary).

You will need last three years of tax return when you file AOS and to answer your question no, it’s not a big deal if your address is different.

You need tax return with I-134 only if you are self-employed. If not you need to submit letter from your employer (include following information’s position, start date, full-time or part-time, temporary or permanent position, salary).

You will need last three years of tax return when you file AOS and to answer your question no, it’s not a big deal if your address is different.

No it will not be a problem if you have moved and your address is different than when you filed taxes for last year.

Yes it is true many embassies do not require tax returns unless you are self employed BUT many embassies DO REQUIRE them and you should really check to see if yours is one of them. It is recommended by VJ that ALL PEOPLE take their tax returns with them in case they are needed, if they don't that is wonderful BUT it is better to have than NOT. Generally the only people who tell you that you won't need them are very new to the process and most have not even stepped inside an embassy at this point.

And as to needing 3 years at AOS this is not true, you only need to submit the most recent years tax return at AOS and if you want to submit the past 3 years you can BUT IT IS NOT REQUIRED.

As to how many you should submit, if you are well over the poverty limits ONE should be plenty, if you are very close to the limits then submit the past 3 to show you are able to maintain a constant pattern.

Good Luck to you

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.