JeniLovesMarwan

Affidavit of Support

3 posts in this topic

Hello thank you all for all your help the last couple days, I've had lots of I-864 questions. Its nice to know there are people willing to help you out in this nerve racking process. I have a couple more questions

I know when you send the I-864 and the I-864A you must also show proof that you are an American Citizen to be able to sponsor or co-sponsor. I will be sending a copy of my passport along with my I-864 but what can my co-sponsor send as they do not have a passport. Would sending a copy of their birth certifcate be ok to send? Also all this tax returns stuff the 1040, W-2's, 1099's are still confusing me I am thinking of just calling and ordering tax transcripts but then I read that it will take about 2 weeks to receive and I didnt want to wait that long. I was hoping to get all things sent to my husband in the next couple of days so he is able to send packet 3 back to the Embassy there in Egypt. Any help would be so appreciated.

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hello thank you all for all your help the last couple days, I've had lots of I-864 questions. Its nice to know there are people willing to help you out in this nerve racking process. I have a couple more questions

I know when you send the I-864 and the I-864A you must also show proof that you are an American Citizen to be able to sponsor or co-sponsor. I will be sending a copy of my passport along with my I-864 but what can my co-sponsor send as they do not have a passport. Would sending a copy of their birth certifcate be ok to send? Also all this tax returns stuff the 1040, W-2's, 1099's are still confusing me I am thinking of just calling and ordering tax transcripts but then I read that it will take about 2 weeks to receive and I didnt want to wait that long. I was hoping to get all things sent to my husband in the next couple of days so he is able to send packet 3 back to the Embassy there in Egypt. Any help would be so appreciated.

Thank you

A co-sponsor doesn't have to be a US citizen. They could also be an legal permanent resident.

If your co-sponsor acquired their US citizenship by birth (i.e., born in the US), then a certified copy of their birth certificate can be submitted as proof of citizenship.

The IRS will usually also FAX the tax transcripts to you within about 20 minutes. If you don't have a fax machine, then go to any copy shop or private mail box service (Kinkos, UPS Store, etc.) and have the transcripts sent to their FAX machine.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you

Copy of birth certificate is fine. YOU do not need to send proof of citizenship, you did that with the petition. There is no penalty for doing it again, though

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.