utopia2004

correspondence accepted for evidence

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

me and my boyfriend usually correspond via Private messages on Myspace (messages include date and time, name, profile pic) this dates back to very start of relationship... its easier and we both go on it all the time.. we don't usually use email.. have a couple of times though.

Also when i phone him, i phone him on his prepaid t-mobile sim card (which used to be mine.. but i gave it to him when i left as he lost his... its registered in my name still though)... is that enough proof?.. i can show my UK phone bills to this number in the US when i am in the UK.

We do have plenty of photos and videos of us together various places like beach, canyon etc.

He will be sending me letters as he has to do 4 months for parole violation (explained in another thread)... what is required of letters as use for evidence.. do you need to sign it?

So the other thing is, i have been out to visit him several times in LA for several months, in which time we were subletting an apartment/room from another renter so we didnt sign anything officially. I have emails with the subletter, i wondered if the subletter wrote a receipt in both of our names? or sublet agreement? not sure. Bills were included in the subletting price.

We wont be getting married for another year at yeast so have time to build up more evidence.. like change the sim card registration to his name...?

Any other tips, for evidence of correspondence?

When im next out there i will meet his family as he has gone back home.. so will get photos with them.

mailed i130: 05-05-2011

NOA1 date: 05-11-2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Phone bills are great if they show both your number is the UK and his in the US. For letters to be accepted, the letter must be in it's original envelop with the stamp. E-mails and chat logs are good too

This evidence, and things like pitures, are secondary evidence, focus on things like primary evidence - boarding passes, hotel receipts, e-mails to the landlord explaining your situaiton is good if it contains both names, etc.

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Phone bills are great if they show both your number is the UK and his in the US. For letters to be accepted, the letter must be in it's original envelop with the stamp. E-mails and chat logs are good too

This evidence, and things like pitures, are secondary evidence, focus on things like primary evidence - boarding passes, hotel receipts, e-mails to the landlord explaining your situaiton is good if it contains both names, etc.

Good luck

I totally agree - concentrate on primary evidence!!

It's worth remembering that when it comes to your interview, you won't be allowed to take in anything that video can be played on (or a memory stick/phone or ANYTHING remotely electronic).

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Good luck

Thanks i just remembered i payed for his flight back to his home state (the same day as mine to the UK) on my card.. flight in his name. Just have to get the sublet info sorted of where we stayed.

Hi,

Ok im starting to build a record now, so we will have enough when the time comes, can you tell me if this sounds adequate so far:

1. phone calls from my phone bill (land line) in the UK to his pre paid t-mobile number? Is a pre paid simcard in his name adequate? i can print of evidence that it is in his name but i cant print of any phone records on his end... only on mine. Or do you need to have a post pay account in your name for evidence that i called him or is prepaid sufficient?

2. Myspace messages that date back to when i met him, which correspond with my first flight

3. A few emails, we usually talk via myspace so before looking in to this i didn't think to email much.

4. Whilst, i visited him in the US i sublet apartments from two separate sub letters (renters of the apartment) i paid them cash, since he was staying with a friend and didn't have his own place. I have email correspondence with the subletters before i left the UK and they can write me an invoice in both of our names for the time we were there. However, its not an official landlord letter or anything. Is an invoice from subletters and email correspondence sufficient, to show we lived together?

5. I have flight itineraries for three times i went out there to visit him up until now (and visa stamps in passport), i have one boarding pass (coming home this last time... i didn't think to keep boarding passes).

6. I have one flight (in his name) paid on my card, that he gave me the money for.

7. I have lots of pictures in different places, a few videos. I hope to get photos with his family when i next see him in his home town.

I cant think of anything else that we have as proof, anything in both of our names etc... its pretty hard when you dont live in the same country to have apartments/bank accounts etc in both names... how do others do this when they are not in the same country? lol

We didn't stay at any hotels, and we didnt buy things or do things which we could put in both of our names.... i cant think of examples of this?.. we didnt have tons of money so we didnt spend or buy much anyway. But i guess we could next time if we have too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi,

me and my boyfriend usually correspond via Private messages on Myspace (messages include date and time, name, profile pic) this dates back to very start of relationship... its easier and we both go on it all the time.. we don't usually use email.. have a couple of times though.

Also when i phone him, i phone him on his prepaid t-mobile sim card (which used to be mine.. but i gave it to him when i left as he lost his... its registered in my name still though)... is that enough proof?.. i can show my UK phone bills to this number in the US when i am in the UK.

We do have plenty of photos and videos of us together various places like beach, canyon etc.

He will be sending me letters as he has to do 4 months for parole violation (explained in another thread)... what is required of letters as use for evidence.. do you need to sign it?

So the other thing is, i have been out to visit him several times in LA for several months, in which time we were subletting an apartment/room from another renter so we didnt sign anything officially. I have emails with the subletter, i wondered if the subletter wrote a receipt in both of our names? or sublet agreement? not sure. Bills were included in the subletting price.

We wont be getting married for another year at yeast so have time to build up more evidence.. like change the sim card registration to his name...?

When im next out there i will meet his family as he has gone back home.. so will get photos with them.

Whatever you do, do NOT let your fiance find out about your boyfriend.

There are no boyfriend visas. The use of that word at many more than one visa interviews has gotten many visas denied! Break it off with the boyfriend long before the interview so there is no confusion on the part of your fiance.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Hi,

Whatever you do, do NOT let your fiance find out about your boyfriend.

There are no boyfriend visas. The use of that word at many more than one visa interviews has gotten many visas denied! Break it off with the boyfriend long before the interview so there is no confusion on the part of your fiance.

My boyfriend is my finance? oh i know what you mean... yes of course.. i need to get used to using finance instead of boyfriend!! lol.

But any idea on the list of evidence i have so far?

How do i show evidence of where we met, when i first met him on a beach? i only have evidence following that in our relationship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.