100% Al Ahly Fan

Minnesota MENA Mini-Meet Up, anyone?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Salaam and Hello everyone!

Ummsqueakster and I, 100% Al Ahly Fan, are getting together this Friday for dinner. I talked to Turia today and she was thinking she and the hubby may come to the Twin Cities this weekend. New Beginnings is just a phone call away! Missed ya, ♥J+I♥ but we understand!!

MrsAmera and HollyKay, you guys are right next door. Bent0110, I think you mentioned Owatana somewhere?

Seriously folks, lets do this before it's tooooo cold!smiley-vault-misc-124.gif

Who's down?

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well I will know more tomorrow after I go to my doctor and ask him about the 6 hour drive. Insha allah, things will go as planned. I feel confident I can make the trip but you never know. I really hope that those of you out there in MN or close that we can get together!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Sorry Im working this Friday on the night shift. :(

K-3 Journey

06-26-2008 married the love of my life

02-17-2009 I-130 sent

03-16-2009 I-130 NOA

05-06-2009 I-129F sent

05-19-2009 I-130 approval

05-20-2009 I-129F NOA2

05-29-2009 NVC Received

05-29-2009 NVC Left

06-01-2009 Consulate Received

06-20-2009 Packet 3 Received

08-20-2009 Packet 3 Sent

09-12-2009 resent in packet 3

09-22-2009 Packet 4 Received

10-13-2009 Interview

Interview rescheduled on 10-07-2009 for 10-22-2009

11-4-2009 Fax the letter requesting Ahmed's Police Record from France

XX-XX-2009 Visa Received

XX-XX-2009 US Entry

event.png

Timeline

Nothing's saying we can't get together again at a later date as well, inshaAllah. Terrie, if you're not up to it this weekend, there's always the huge half priced booksale next weekend. I'm going to be all over that one :star:

We're having Pakistani food, in case that entices anyone else to join us. Time to break out the biryani dance, although I will refrain from singing my biryani song av-739.gif

Edited by UmmSqueakster

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Sorry folks, I didn't mean necessarly meet for THIS Friday. I just meant we need to get together soon, because Laura is right....it's gonna get nasty cold soon enough.

Anyhow, let's find a date and see when we can all connect??? I'd love to meet all of you!

Sharifah

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, yes yes!!! I'm only a little drive away. I think Friday might not work because we're going to the UP but another weekend --- what's this about a booksale next weekend?? We need to come by for a Holy Land visit and hubby is off work next weekend...might that work?

Sorry folks, I didn't mean necessarly meet for THIS Friday. I just meant we need to get together soon, because Laura is right....it's gonna get nasty cold soon enough.

Anyhow, let's find a date and see when we can all connect??? I'd love to meet all of you!

Sharifah

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

Cold? What is this cold of which you speak. We're still above 0!

http://www.halfpricebooks.com/

MIN962_featurette09.gif

I'm hoping I can get close to completed my Star Wars paperback collection :dance:

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Next week might be better for me. Hicham & Darlene are in Hutchinson so I would definitely want to invite her. Maybe our men can get together and play a little soccer before the snow starts to fall!

Timeline

snow? That's already in the forecast for this weekend :devil:

I don't know if AbuS is up to getting together, but I'll see. Would it be possible to do a girl's only weekend, and then get the guys together at a later date?

irhal.jpg

Timeline

Well doctor has cleared me, but now I have to convince Kamal. But it just maybe Squeakster, Sharifah and us if nobody else can make it this weekend.

And of course we will stop in Eau Claire by Amanda if they can't make it. Insh allah everything will go as planned. Will post later tonight.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Had to scrape the ice off my car this morning and what's that in the forcast for tonight? Is it snow?

Terrie and I talked last night, and we're thinking a get together for late October/early November? That way people a bit further away can plan on coming. What weekend works well?

irhal.jpg

Timeline

So Sharifah and I had a blast this Friday, and Tariq is beyond adorable. It's a good thing we didn't have a big meet up though, since I spent a lot of the weekend at work.

I need date suggestions for our meetup peeps!

irhal.jpg

Timeline
So Sharifah and I had a blast this Friday, and Tariq is beyond adorable. It's a good thing we didn't have a big meet up though, since I spent a lot of the weekend at work.

I need date suggestions for our meetup peeps!

It was a pleasure to finally meet ya, Jen and yes, Tariq can be adorable when he's not being a stinker! Oh how I love that kid! I can't wait to connect again.

How about it folks? My next coupla weekends are booked, apple and pumpkins picking (depending on the weather of course)...not to mention a final for one of my classes. So I'm not available until after the 30th of this month! Although, let me know when a date is set and I will be there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.