JeniLovesMarwan

Question about I-864A

6 posts in this topic

I have just recently returned to the US after staying with my Egyptian husband over 6 months in Egypt so we could file the petition DCF. The petition was approved and now I am back in the US trying to get everything together for my husband so he can send back packet 3 to the Embassy there in Cairo. I have a question that I am not sure about. I have been back in the states for a little over 1 week and I am having trouble finding a job right now. I have 5 months pregnant (almost 6) and it seems like people dont want to hire a pregnant woman. I am currently enrolled and will continue my college full time in about another month. I have 3 children and my children and I are living with my parents and will continue to do so even after my husband arrives in the states and he also will live with us in my parents home. I have talked to my mother and she will co-sponsor my husband because I dont have any income and haven't had any income I have always been a stay at home mom. So I know I will need to fill out the I-864 and my mother will fill out the I-864A. My mother has agreed to financially support myself, my children and my husband after he arrives here. My mother would like for me to continue my college full time therefore not be working. I only have about 2 more semesters until I graduate from college anyway. And my husband will look for work when he arrives. So my question is do you think it would be ok to just let the Embassy know that I will not be working and my mother will be taking care of us financially? Or must I get a job before my husband can come here. To me it seems like it shouldn't matter if im working or not if my husband will be supported when he is here by my mother anyway. The purpose of the sponsor is so my husband wont become a public charge and he for sure wont be because my mother makes more than enough money to support all of us right now.

Also when looking at my mother's tax returns Im confused as to what I am suppose to be looking at. Is it the 1040, W2, and 1099 that I send back to the Embassy? And also what total amount am I looking for in determining how much she made for the year. There is a place on the tax returns that says "WAGES, SALARIES, TIPS, ETC" and then it has an amount and then there is a place on the tax returns that says "TOTAL INCOME & ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME" and this has a different amount so Im not sure what I am suppose to be going by if someone could please help me with all this. Im really trying to hurry and get all this done so I can send all back to my husband so he can hopefully get his interview soon and join me here in the US. Thanks so much.

I have just recently returned to the US after staying with my Egyptian husband over 6 months in Egypt so we could file the petition DCF. The petition was approved and now I am back in the US trying to get everything together for my husband so he can send back packet 3 to the Embassy there in Cairo. I have a question that I am not sure about. I have been back in the states for a little over 1 week and I am having trouble finding a job right now. I have 5 months pregnant (almost 6) and it seems like people dont want to hire a pregnant woman. I am currently enrolled and will continue my college full time in about another month. I have 3 children and my children and I are living with my parents and will continue to do so even after my husband arrives in the states and he also will live with us in my parents home. I have talked to my mother and she will co-sponsor my husband because I dont have any income and haven't had any income I have always been a stay at home mom. So I know I will need to fill out the I-864 and my mother will fill out the I-864A. My mother has agreed to financially support myself, my children and my husband after he arrives here. My mother would like for me to continue my college full time therefore not be working. I only have about 2 more semesters until I graduate from college anyway. And my husband will look for work when he arrives. So my question is do you think it would be ok to just let the Embassy know that I will not be working and my mother will be taking care of us financially? Or must I get a job before my husband can come here. To me it seems like it shouldn't matter if im working or not if my husband will be supported when he is here by my mother anyway. The purpose of the sponsor is so my husband wont become a public charge and he for sure wont be because my mother makes more than enough money to support all of us right now.

Also when looking at my mother's tax returns Im confused as to what I am suppose to be looking at. Is it the 1040, W2, and 1099 that I send back to the Embassy? And also what total amount am I looking for in determining how much she made for the year. There is a place on the tax returns that says "WAGES, SALARIES, TIPS, ETC" and then it has an amount and then there is a place on the tax returns that says "TOTAL INCOME & ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME" and this has a different amount so Im not sure what I am suppose to be going by if someone could please help me with all this. Im really trying to hurry and get all this done so I can send all back to my husband so he can hopefully get his interview soon and join me here in the US. Thanks so much.

Any help please?????

Any help please?????

Line 22 is the one you want to look at.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Thank you. I have a few more questions. I know you send back your Federal Tax returns along with the I-864A what are they wanting? Just the form 1040 or everything like do they want also the Schedules? I have a Schedule A&B, D and do they want form 2106-EZ as well as the other forms or just the 1040. The 1040 is about 2 pages and the 1040 schuedules and other forms are about 9 pages just wanted to know if I need all these pages or just the first 2.

Also I must send back the W-2 along with the tax return and I also seen something like 1099? What is this and does this always come with tax returns and must you send this back? Because I am not seeing anything for a 1099 on her tax returns so I was wondering if this was something that everyone gets back or just some people may get this back?

I also have questions in completing the I-864A Im sorry I have looked for an example form but I dont see one for the I-864A. My question is this on page 2 of form I-864A question 10 it says "My current individual annual income is?________________ Im wondering what I put here? would this be what my mother has made as of now this year? And if so do I need to send something along with this amount to prove this is correct amount?

Another question on the I-864A page 3, Part 2 Sponsor's promise number 13 it says I THE SPONSOR and then you print your name and also your signature would I sign this since I am the petitioning sponsor and then my mother would sign the same page the part that says I, THE HOUSEHOLD MEMBER so this page 3 would need mine and my mother's signature?

I also have a question about the I-864 page 4 question 24b It says "income you are using from any other person who was counted in your household size: NAME___________ RELATIONSHIP__________________ Current Income_____________ in this spot I would put my mothers name correct and then what would I put for current income? I am getting all her income information off her tax returns because that is what you are suppose to send back so Im not sure where I get this current income

I know this is a lot of information but I am really stuck here and confused and Im trying to hurry to get all this completed and do it right so hopefully my husband can join me in the US very quickly. Please any help would be so much appreciated.

Thank you. I have a few more questions. I know you send back your Federal Tax returns along with the I-864A what are they wanting? Just the form 1040 or everything like do they want also the Schedules? I have a Schedule A&B, D and do they want form 2106-EZ as well as the other forms or just the 1040. The 1040 is about 2 pages and the 1040 schuedules and other forms are about 9 pages just wanted to know if I need all these pages or just the first 2.

Just to be sure I would include all 9 pages and the w-2's and the 1099's, but if you want to make it simple have your mother call 18008291040 and order a set of her "tax transcripts" they will be all you need and you won't have to worry with w-2's or 1099's. Here is what the I-864a says in the instructions. "You must provide either an IRS transcript or a photocopy from your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax yearyear. If you believe additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopies of your Federal individual income tax returns for the three most recent years." "If you provide a photocopy of your tax return(s), you must include a copy of each and every FormW-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your return(s). Do not include copies of these Forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your return(s) rather than a photocopy." "You must include each and every Form 1040 Schedule, if any, that you filed with your Federal tax return."

Also I must send back the W-2 along with the tax return and I also seen something like 1099? What is this and does this always come with tax returns and must you send this back? Because I am not seeing anything for a 1099 on her tax returns so I was wondering if this was something that everyone gets back or just some people may get this back?

Yes if you send the tax return copy you will need to send an corresponding documentation essentially meaning the w-2's and 1099's. A 1099 is a form used to report miscellaneous income to an individual. Here is a link that explains what a 1099 is essentially http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-1099-form.htm

I also have questions in completing the I-864A Im sorry I have looked for an example form but I dont see one for the I-864A. My question is this on page 2 of form I-864A question 10 it says "My current individual annual income is?________________ Im wondering what I put here? would this be what my mother has made as of now this year? And if so do I need to send something along with this amount to prove this is correct amount?

This would be the amount that she makes in a year. So ask her what she made last year, and what she thinks she will make this year. If they are close to the same just use an average, if this year is more then just use this years estimate. You don't need to send any check stubs unless you want to substantiate this years income. The I-864a says this in the instructions "You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability to maintain sufficient income. You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer's address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stub(s) showing your income for the previous six months. If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income, or income from any other source, you may also include evidence of ability to maintain that income.

Another question on the I-864A page 3, Part 2 Sponsor's promise number 13 it says I THE SPONSOR and then you print your name and also your signature would I sign this since I am the petitioning sponsor and then my mother would sign the same page the part that says I, THE HOUSEHOLD MEMBER so this page 3 would need mine and my mother's signature?

Yes

I also have a question about the I-864 page 4 question 24b It says "income you are using from any other person who was counted in your household size: NAME___________ RELATIONSHIP__________________ Current Income_____________ in this spot I would put my mothers name correct and then what would I put for current income? I am getting all her income information off her tax returns because that is what you are suppose to send back so Im not sure where I get this current income

Yes, you would put the current income spoken of in the answer to your question about current income.

I know this is a lot of information but I am really stuck here and confused and Im trying to hurry to get all this completed and do it right so hopefully my husband can join me in the US very quickly. Please any help would be so much appreciated.

Again, good luck

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.