Sprailenes

So foxy loxy, how do you like your turkey lurkey?

126 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So what are all your plans for thanksgiving?

Anyone going home? Anyone cooking a meal down here?

We're having it on Monday. Mike has taken the day off and has told me that it's my year to relax and sit down while he cooks. HAHA that's funny because I don't really like relaxing on thanksgiving. I enjoy being in the kitchen and always have been in the kitchen. So I'll have to update you guys on that situation. In fact I am already feeling a little anxious about him cooking the entire meal, he's a great cook but I kind of feel like he's stepping on my turf.

Anyways he told me to take Ethan out to shop for his Halloween costume on that day to try to keep me at bay.

So foxy loxies, what are you doing for turkey lurkey day?

Also is your thanksgiving traditions any different from your American or Canadian SO's?

Ours is only different in what we eat. Oh and his mom busts out the good china, while my family depends on Dixie Lee to get the job done. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be going to my mom's on Sunday with the fam. I might take our Chinese exchange staff member too so she can experience Canadian thanksgiving (and my dysfunctional family).

I assumed I would be going to my dad's on Monday for supper (My parents are divorced). But he told me last night that he was invited to his friends place out of town and he's not not going to go. I think I embarrassed him when I was complaining about it and his priest was standing right there. (Our monday night volleyball is organized by his church, and the priest came last night)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

I havn't heard a single thing yet about Thanksgiving from my family.

None of my family really wants to get together for it anymore, since they keep arguing about who should have it at whos house and etc.

If we don't end up getting together, it doesn't matter to me.

My boss at work ALWAYS makes thanksgiving for his neighbours and there's always a ton of leftovers and he brings them to us every year.

Not to mention he makes the best stuffing ever.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

My inlaws always say: "I didn't realize she was so traditional and had to celebrate her thanksgiving every year"

Um duh, it's freaking turkey!!! I'll squeeze as many turkey eating days as I can out of the year.

I even made up a fake turkey holiday, well sort of, I told my husband that on family day, Canadians generally eat Turkey to celebrate traditional family dinners together. He bought it - CHA CHING!

Donne moi une poptart!

Haha, family day.

Well, I havn't found a real reason for it yet, SO MAKE IT TURKEY.

And alot of clean up.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So foxy loxies, what are you doing for turkey lurkey day?

As I'm not a lady, nor Canadian, I don't belong posting here but screw it I'm going to anyhow!

I'm going to eat stuffing and turkey!!!!

I figure, if I'm marrying canadian, that makes me an honorary canadian. Plus someday in the future, I'm going to immigrate there. So I might as well get started now celebrating two thanksgivings.

Double turkey and stuffing. *drool*

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife is a party pooper. I too love turkey dinners and was planning on giving my mother a guilt trip to make a dinner on the 12th seeing as it's Mel's first thanksgiving down here. But my wife doesn't want to make a fuss, and for some bizarre reason, she hates stuffing, so she has objected and insists that the U.S. thanksgiving will do. Poppycock. I want more turkey!!!

Timeline

Not much thought???

I've been putting thought into this since last thanksgiving!!

I need to figure out a new strategy. I was thinking, cook it early, eat early, and then I'll be able to recoup and come back later for more. The whole elastic waist pants doesn't always work... in fact I think the stretchable waist gives one a false sense of security and lets you down more than lets you out... if you know what I'm sayin.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going home Saturday morning... yippee!!

My Mom is cooking a traditinal turkey dinner on Sunday!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
Not much thought???

I need to figure out a new strategy. I was thinking, cook it early, eat early, and then I'll be able to recoup and come back later for more. The whole elastic waist pants doesn't always work... in fact I think the stretchable waist gives one a false sense of security and lets you down more than lets you out... if you know what I'm sayin.

LoL, So do you have your "Holiday Eating" clothes? :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Not much thought???

:lol:

You could eat with no pants on. That's always an option!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

Yep I do. :lol:

I also bring my own tupperware to someones house if they're making the turkey dinner, that way they can send me home with left overs and not have to worry about losing their containers. I get so ready for it. :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Yep I do. :lol:

I also bring my own tupperware to someones house if they're making the turkey dinner, that way they can send me home with left overs and not have to worry about losing their containers. I get so ready for it. :lol:

White meat or Dark?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.