Engineer06

October 2009 Filers

628 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
In addition: This page gives general information, and has links for FAQs and contact page listing phone numbers, etc.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1309.html

called nvc today they have not recieved our package yet. i am sure i got the standard reply. can take up to three months......not sure what to think. getting nervous tired of waiting especially with the hard part behind us.

OUR TIMELINE

• 4/7/2008 -we meet online
  • 8/29/2009-Trip # 8 (engagement)
  • HERE WE GO
  • 10/14/2009 - I129F sent
  • 10/23/2009 - Check Cashed
  • 10/27/2009 - Hard copy NOA1
  • Jan/26/2010 - NOA2 (96 days to got it, since we received NOA1)
  • Mar/09/2010 - NOA2 (AGAIN CUZ THEY DIDN'T SEND IT TO NVC UNTILL WE CONTACT OUR CONGRESSMAN)
  • May/04/2010 - NOA2 (AGAIN FOR 3 TIMES CUZ THEY FORGOT SEND IT TO NVC UNTIL WE CONTACT OUR CONGRESSMAN AGAIN)
  • May/10/2010 - NVC Received (Finally USCIS really sent it...wooo they didn't forget this time)[/color]
  • May/21/2010 - NVC Putted our file in HOLD (can be serious.....? this is more than back luck.. nightmare)
  • May/24/2010 - NVC Sent it to the Embassy
  • May/26/2010 - DHL Delivered to the Embassy.
  • May/27/2010 - police record.
  • May/31/2010 - Medical PASSED
  • Ago/02/2010 - INTERVIEW.....APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sep/11/2010 - hello USA :)
    HERE WE GO AGAIN
  • 09/24/2010 - Social Security application
  • 10/04/2010 - Social Security Number in hand
  • 10/07/2010 - Marriage License (u have to wait at least 3 days after ur license to get marry)
  • 10/12/2010 - Husband and Wife :)
  • 11/19/2010 - AOS and EAD Sent.
  • 12/04/2010 - AOS and EAD Hard Copy.
  • 12/18/2010 - Appointment for Biometric.
  • 01/06/2011 - Biometric Done.
  • 01/10/2011 - Notification CASE TRANSFER TO CALIFORNIA CENTER.
  • 02/11/2011 - EAD card production.
  • 02/16/2011 - EAD card received.
  • 02/18/2011 - AOS Approved.
  • 02/22/2011 - Green Card in hand.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
called nvc today they have not recieved our package yet. i am sure i got the standard reply. can take up to three months......not sure what to think. getting nervous tired of waiting especially with the hard part behind us.

Did you talk with an operator or use the automated system?

I found out that the automated system does not recognize your EAC #.

You're better off to talk with an operator or use the email system.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Late October Filers wait longer than usual. Is there a specific reason why that might be? It has been more than 3 months for us and we still havent heard from them. The operators are not useful at all. According to VSC, there is nothing they can do because the application is within the normal processing time (which is 5 months). I just hope that i dont receive a letter explaining that they lost the application. The average processing time increased from an average of 50 days to 80+ days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Late October Filers wait longer than usual. Is there a specific reason why that might be? It has been more than 3 months for us and we still havent heard from them. The operators are not useful at all. According to VSC, there is nothing they can do because the application is within the normal processing time (which is 5 months). I just hope that i dont receive a letter explaining that they lost the application. The average processing time increased from an average of 50 days to 80+ days.

Hey, saw you had posted here and was checking for good news. I see you don't have the good news yet, but if the timelines are at all accurate then you are estimated to get your NOA2 by the end of this week. I have no clue if the VJ estimates are accurate, since ours was so far off the mark, but I'll be watching.. and hoping.. and praying!!

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hey, saw you had posted here and was checking for good news. I see you don't have the good news yet, but if the timelines are at all accurate then you are estimated to get your NOA2 by the end of this week. I have no clue if the VJ estimates are accurate, since ours was so far off the mark, but I'll be watching.. and hoping.. and praying!!

VJ estimates are highly inaccurate. At least after New Years they aren't. It's showing mid-November for VSC, while we are not seeing any November pretty much at all.

Ballparking (highly over/under estimated). VSC takes 3.5-4 months for NOA2. CSC 3-3.5 months at the moment. With some outliers there if you were to plot a trend on the curve

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
VJ estimates are highly inaccurate. At least after New Years they aren't. It's showing mid-November for VSC, while we are not seeing any November pretty much at all.

Ballparking (highly over/under estimated). VSC takes 3.5-4 months for NOA2. CSC 3-3.5 months at the moment. With some outliers there if you were to plot a trend on the curve

I wondered how accurate the "individual" timelines are that appear on people's profiles. I know it's showing November for VSC, and I know that is pretty far off the mark. But when you go into your personal time line and it shows when it is estimated that your case will be adjucated.... how accurate are those?

I know it keeps changing as people join VJ, or as people get NOA2, but I always wondered how accurate they are. Ours was not, but we were one of the weird, lucky ones who got approved very, very quickly ( and then have to wait forever for the interview.. we got NOA2 in 25 days.. but it was 4 months from NOA2 to our interview date).

Edited by Jenn and Fuat

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I wondered how accurate the "individual" timelines are that appear on people's profiles. I know it's showing November for VSC, and I know that is pretty far off the mark. But when you go into your personal time line and it shows when it is estimated that your case will be adjucated.... how accurate are those?

I know it keeps changing as people join VJ, or as people get NOA2, but I always wondered how accurate they are. Ours was not, but we were one of the weird, lucky ones who got approved very, very quickly ( and then have to wait forever for the interview).

Right now the spread on the individual timeline is almost a month, so by probability, they gravitate towards having higher accuracy.

What mine shows is about what I would expect (around 4 months). I'm not going to lie, I had high hopes after sending our petition, because back then people were getting approved left and right in a month, but with 2 months down, waiting another 2 - 2.5 months doesn't sound all too bad (Kiev consulate is pretty fast with interview turnaround, since there's no packets to be sent back).

In the end, it's going to balance out. More time for NOA2, but less time for the interview.

I'm still betting my left *** that all process will take around 6 months and not longer :)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey Jenn - thanks for your words. The kindness of strangers can sometimes be so touching when you're in visa jail, which is what it feels like. It's like getting a prison visit!

Eggs and Stet - it's a wonder you guys are still sane and not on tranquilizers.

No tranquilizers yet, but honestly, I did start meditating again!

The visa isn't the only thing going on. Aside from that there is the selling of my house, a thesis to write and a wedding to plan. We're all in same boat here and I wish everyone good luck with their visa's. What I'm wondering is, how many investigations they are going to have to start in another 1,5 months :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
No tranquilizers yet, but honestly, I did start meditating again!

The visa isn't the only thing going on. Aside from that there is the selling of my house, a thesis to write and a wedding to plan. We're all in same boat here and I wish everyone good luck with their visa's. What I'm wondering is, how many investigations they are going to have to start in another 1,5 months :)

I have sold my house so if I don't get visa in hand by mid June, me and my dogs will be sleeping on the streets! Hope your thesis is on the subject of immigration! And good luck would be great, but I'd settle for a more transparent, fair and predictable system.

I have sold my house so if I don't get visa in hand by mid June, me and my dogs will be sleeping on the streets! Hope your thesis is on the subject of immigration! And good luck would be great, but I'd settle for a more transparent, fair and predictable system.

Haha, touche! I'd settle for that too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
Hey Jenn - thanks for your words. The kindness of strangers can sometimes be so touching when you're in visa jail, which is what it feels like. It's like getting a prison visit!

Eggs and Stet - it's a wonder you guys are still sane and not on tranquilizers.

Well if you count Vodka as a tranquilizer. :lol: Actually, being a former active duty Marine, I have learned well that the feds run under the philosophy of "Hurry up and wait." I am pretty sure I am in the background check black hole.

TIMELINE:

10/13/09 - Filed I-129F

10/17/09 - Received NOA1

02/23/10 - NOA2!!

02/25/10 - Received at NVC

03/11/10 - Left NVC

03/15/10 - Delivered to Jerusalem Consulate

04/08/10 - Packet 3 received.

05/28/10 - Packet 3 mailed back to Consulate.

06/28/10 - Packet 4/ Interview letter received!

07/16/10 - INTERVIEW!!!

07/16/10 - APPROVED!!!!

08/01/10 - Visa delivered by mail.

10/21/10 - Flew into the US!!! Finally here!!!

11/14/10 - Married!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How did you get the info regarding the NVC receiving and sending your info?thanks

Our current timeline:

Met online Oct 2004

Met in person June 2006

Engaged Oct 2007

Son born Leap day 2008

Birth Abroad applied for in Toronto, ON Sept 9th 2009

Birth Abroad Certificate received Sept 24th 2009

I-129F submitted October 21st 2009

NOA1 received October 26th 2009

NOA2 received February 2nd 2010

NVC received February 19th 2010

left NVC February 22nd 2010

consulate received February 23rd 2010 ( wow 1 day !?!? )

Packet 3 received March 4th 2010

getting packet 3 ready.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
How did you get the info regarding the NVC receiving and sending your info?thanks

You have to call or email them. Contact info is:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1309.html

FYI, I emailed them last Thursday, but grew impatient and called that night.

I waited 45 minutes but finally talked to a human and got my info.

As of today they still haven't answered my email, so I'd go with the call.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.