Gumbolette

Document Preparation for the Interview

19 posts in this topic

To those who Pmed me about how I prepared my docs, now here it is gals.. I'm finally done.

Hope this would give others some idea how to organize and prepare your docus. :)

There is a a small opening space at the lower portion of the glass between you and the consul where you can give the docs if the consul ask something from you, these clear book folders I used can easily be rolled up so I can just give the whole folder to him if s/he needs something.

Colorful folders for each set of docs

dsc641.jpg

For another type of docs, I used stick-ons paper to title/label the outside page of the clearbook. (e.g. Wedding Pictures, Call logs, emails, etc.) And I also write captions for each photo.)

dsc644.jpg

Lets see how much I have. :P

dsc645.jpg

Edited by LÜvtechwifey

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

That's Great.

As for me, I just told the Pre-Screener and the CO to stop wasting my time and hurry up and get this "Mickey Mouse" interview over with, and issue my Fiance her Visa........

And I may have used some "Colorful" Metaphors also...........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

To those who Pmed me about how I prepared my docs, now here it is gals.. I'm finally done.

Hope this would give others some idea how to organize and prepare your docus. :)

There is a a small opening space at the lower portion of the glass between you and the consul where you can give the docs if the consul ask something from you, these clear book folders I used can easily be rolled up so I can just give the whole folder to him if s/he needs something.

dsc641.jpg

For another type of docs, I used stick-ons paper to title/label the outside page of the clearbook. (e.g. Wedding Pictures, Call logs, emails, etc.) And I also write captions for each photo.)

dsc644.jpg

dsc645.jpg

you'll do just fine :thumbs:

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

dsc641.jpg

dsc644.jpg

dsc645.jpg

Good job! :thumbs:

I didn't really organize my stuff like that when I had my interview but I passed. (maybe if I found this site earlier, and got ideas I could have done it too.LOL)

Anyway, the questions asked from me were:

What is your fiancé's address in US?

What kind of job does he do?

How old is he?

What are His hobbies?

His Parent's names?

His favorite food?

Took about 20 minutes for us (my fiance (now husband) was there with me) and CO was cool. It's normal to feel a little nervous but really it's easy I'm sure you are more than prepared! Good luck on the rest of your immigration journey!

looks really nice and good luck in interview

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Have cemar, marriage cert, birt cert and police clearance handy. They took another original copy from me even though i submitted originals to nvc. I suggest padding up on photos and emails/chatlogs lay the stack on the pre-screener's booth and on the interviewer's table so they can see it. They won't ask to look at it but the pre-screener will make notes on how much you have. Know all the dates such us his first visit, days of visits. Know his add in US and his work.

God bless you, with prayers and preparation you will pass the interview without any prob.

I had my docs arranged almost like yours but the set of folders look a little thicker. But if the thick side can be flattened, then they're fine. Just remember it should not be more than a half inch thick.

dsc641.jpg

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

dsc641.jpg

dsc644.jpg

dsc645.jpg

with all of those bulk of evidences you'll be fine...

good luck!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

dsc641.jpg

dsc644.jpg

dsc645.jpg

Hi sis! Thanks for posting your prepared docus for interview, it will help us a lot. Good luck to you and God is always with you!

May 20, 2009 - I-130 sent

Aug. 21, 2009 - I-130 APPROVED

Sept. 01, 2009 - NVC received & case# assigned

Oct. 19, 2009 - Log-in FAILED (YEPEE!!!!)

Oct. 20, 2009 - Case COMPLETE!!! (confirmed by the NVC operator)

Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview Date assign(By NVC operator)

Nov. 16-17, 2009 - Medical PASSED

Dec. 04, 2009 - INTERVIEW(APPROVED!!!)

Dec. 08, 2009 - Visa pick-up at the Embassy

Dec. 16, 2009 - CFO

Dec. 19, 2009 - My Flight - POE (JFK New York) via NWA

Thank you Lord for guiding me in this journey.

rakl65w7x.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi sis! That's very neat and organized :)

Good luck sa interview. May God be with you.

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello sis,

good job..

they look so presentable and organize...

i made mine as presentable and artistic too...

but guess what...the consul didnt ask for them or even took a glance...arghhh :angry:

they only took the forms, certificates and affidavit of support..

goodluck to your interview sissy

Edited by jelmichael

K1 Timeline

01/16/09- Michael joined Internationalcupid. sent me a message..

01/16/09- started communicating through email only.

01/21/09- (my b-day) started using instant messenger

02/17/09- decided to come in PI to meet me.

02/19/09- booked a flight and hotel

03/02/09- arrived in PI (his b-day)

03/06/09- Goodbye my love, flew back to Texas

03/18/09- hired a lawyer for K1 Visa

03/25/09- sent G325A and other documents to love

03/30/09- love received the forms.

04/07/09- sent the forms G325A, I129F and other documents in checklist to our lawyer

04/09/09- lawyer received the forms and docs.

04/17/09- lawyer sent it

04/29/09- NOA1...case number received.

08/06/09- Love's 2nd trip....SOOO HAPPY..

08/14/09- Went back to US

08/26/09- NOA2 email

08/29/09- NOA2 hard copy

09/02/09- NVC letter received

09/22-23/09- Medical

09/29/09- Interview passed.........

10/14/09- Arrive in Texas

11/25/09- wedding day..

11/26-29/09- Honeymoon in Vegas..

12/02/09- applied for ssn..

12/08/09- received a letter from SS.. card will arrive in 2 weeks..

12/16/09- SSN received..

01/06/10- AOS application submitted..

01/15/10-3 Receipts received..

02/02/10- Biometrics at Lubbock

4/26/10- Received my gc

Timeline
Have cemar, marriage cert, birt cert and police clearance handy. They took another original copy from me even though i submitted originals to nvc. I suggest padding up on photos and emails/chatlogs lay the stack on the pre-screener's booth and on the interviewer's table so they can see it. They won't ask to look at it but the pre-screener will make notes on how much you have. Know all the dates such us his first visit, days of visits. Know his add in US and his work.

God bless you, with prayers and preparation you will pass the interview without any prob.

This is mighty meaty very informative. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I'll have my interview on the 8th of October. Luvtechwifey is just couple days ahead of me. And I'm almost ready to go.Few touches on my scholastic records.

Octoberian INTERVIEWEES, LET'S DO IT ,GIRLS!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

" GIVE US STRENGTH ,OH LORD, IT IS OUR HEARTS' EARNEST DESIRE,YOUR WILL SHALL BE DONE"

"I will remain to be yours forever,My Love. I love you soOOo much,Honey! The mOst GOrgeous Man ever in Austin!"

--Rhean

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles and Rhean

I-129F

02-xx-2008 Met online

03-21-2009 Travelled to Philippines to meet

03-31-2009 Sent out I -129F by FedEx

04-01-2009 NOA 1

08-31-2009 NOA 2 (what a long wait!)

09-04-2009 NVC received I-129F

09-11-2009 Embassy received I-129F

09-30-2009 Medical exam passed

10-08-2009 Interview ...a SUCCESS!

10-20-2009 POE..Minneapolis

10-22-2009 SSN..woohooo!

12-27-2009 Got Married!!!

AOS Timeline

01-07-10 Received changed name Social Security Number

01-10-10 Mailed AOS, EAD, AP via USPS

01-13-10 AOS packet touched , January 13, 2010, 8:10 am, CHICAGO, IL 60680

01-19-10 AOS, EAD, AP NOA1

02-19-10 Biometrics Appointment

02-19-10 Biometrics done!

Timeline

dsc641.jpg

dsc644.jpg

dsc645.jpg

YOU WOWED me,girl!!! :blink::star::star::star:

Your fully loaded and well-prepared heading face to face with the Screener.

Youre on the 5th, and Im on the 8th....LETS DO IT! :thumbs:

"I will remain to be yours forever,My Love. I love you soOOo much,Honey! The mOst GOrgeous Man ever in Austin!"

--Rhean

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles and Rhean

I-129F

02-xx-2008 Met online

03-21-2009 Travelled to Philippines to meet

03-31-2009 Sent out I -129F by FedEx

04-01-2009 NOA 1

08-31-2009 NOA 2 (what a long wait!)

09-04-2009 NVC received I-129F

09-11-2009 Embassy received I-129F

09-30-2009 Medical exam passed

10-08-2009 Interview ...a SUCCESS!

10-20-2009 POE..Minneapolis

10-22-2009 SSN..woohooo!

12-27-2009 Got Married!!!

AOS Timeline

01-07-10 Received changed name Social Security Number

01-10-10 Mailed AOS, EAD, AP via USPS

01-13-10 AOS packet touched , January 13, 2010, 8:10 am, CHICAGO, IL 60680

01-19-10 AOS, EAD, AP NOA1

02-19-10 Biometrics Appointment

02-19-10 Biometrics done!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is mighty meaty very informative. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I'll have my interview on the 8th of October. Luvtechwifey is just couple days ahead of me. And I'm almost ready to go.Few touches on my scholastic records.

Octoberian INTERVIEWEES, LET'S DO IT ,GIRLS!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

" GIVE US STRENGTH ,OH LORD, IT IS OUR HEARTS' EARNEST DESIRE,YOUR WILL SHALL BE DONE"

You will be fine in the interview ... its just a formality .. just double check all your documents ... they have to be complete so the consul will approve of your visa right away or else .. u will be ask to come back and that will be a delay .... :star: :star: :star: :star:

12-31-08.....Sent K-1 Fiancée Visa Application to California Service Center (CSC)

01-02-09.....NOA1 hardcopy date

01-07-09.....Received NOA1 hardcopy from CSC

01-07-09.....Received NOA1 confirmation on website.

03-09-09.....NOA2 hardcopy date

03-12-09.....Received NOA2 hardcopy from CSC

03-18-09.....Finished NVC and mailed to US Embassy in Manila... (got MNL case number)

03-28-09.....Medical - St. Lukes

06-01-09.....Immunization and completion of Medical At St. Lukes

06-10-09.....Consular Interview- Manila US Embassy ... VISA Approved

06-18-09.....VISA delivered

06-25-09.....Arrived in US POE-LAX

07-03-09.....Wedding Day in Boise, Idaho :)

AOS

8-28-2009- Mailed AOS Packet

9-01-09 - NOA 1

9-02-09- Biometrics Appointment Letter

9-19-09- Biometrics at USCIS

10-01-09 Letter of Appointment for AOS arrived in mail

10-02-09- Card ordered EAD

10-06-09 Another Card Ordered Notice

10-08-09 EAD Approved ( card ordered came first before approval ???? Strange)

10-13-09 EAD CARD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL

11-16-09 Interview for GREEN CARD in USCIS

11-16-09 Permanent Resident Status Approved!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

dsc641.jpg

dsc644.jpg

dsc645.jpg

I can't estimate how much you have without other object to compare with. Put something next to it like a 12 inches ruler. Anyway, it's neat.

Edited by S*J

Life is not a granting factory, according to my colleague.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.