Bryan in Tokyo

Police Records

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi all. Proud to say, our I130 was approved the other day, fairly easy. On to the next step, in a nutshell

o We are planning to move to LA from Tokyo early 2010 - asap.

o I'm a USC just married to a Japanese Citizen

o We are in the process of obtaining police records

I'm e-mailing to check if anyone has experience with the "Real Time Identification (RTID) Project" which supposedly expedites fingerprinting processes within 72 hrs vs 'paper based' which manually obviously takes longer (~120 days?)

Our question is has anyone flown to Canada, fingerprinted electronically and received their police record in 72hrs or so?

Has anyone had their fingerprints done electronically OUTSIDE of Canada and had them sent in and experienced a quick turnaround?

Does anyone know if the Tokyo embassy will take electronic fingerprints and send to Canada? (Forgot to ask at the Embassy the other day!)

My wife is considering visiting friends in Canada anyway, so she mailed the Emb. to confirm, but they simply copy and pasted info from the website. OUCH. Can anyone confirm the quickest way to get her police record???

Thanks for any feedback ; much appreciated!

Reply from Emb.

> Good day,

>

>

> Paper-based fingerprint submissions:

>

> Paper-based fingerprint submissions require a great deal of manual

> processing and it is not uncommon for a criminal record verification to

> take an average of 120 days to complete for individuals who don’t have

> a criminal record and have never been fingerprinted for a criminal

> offence in Canada. If a criminal record is encountered during the

> verification process, the turnaround time could exceed 120 days.

>

> Electronic fingerprint submissions:

>

> In an effort to process criminal verification requests more quickly,

> the RCMP is implementing the Real Time Identification (RTID) Project to

> modernize these processes and promote electronic fingerprint

> submissions. The goal of CCRTIS is to respond to 85% of civil requests

> (those that do not hit a criminal file) submitted electronically within

> 72 hours. If a criminal record is encountered during the verification

> process, the turnaround time could exceed 120 days. You may enquire at

> your local police service about electronic fingerprinting. If they do

> not perform this service, they may be able to refer you to approved

> private firms. These firms can also be located in local yellow pages and

> internet searches using the term 'fingerprinting services canada.’

>

> Before you make inquiries about your request, make sure you’ve taken

> into account not only the time it takes to process your request but also

> the time it takes to mail it to you.

>

>

> CFSS processes more than 15,000 criminal record searches each month.

> The processing time is currently in excess of one hundred and twenty

> (120) working days from receipt of an application. Note that processing

> time can vary due to incoming workloads

>

>

> We are unable to give you a specific time to when this will be

> completed.

>

>

> Thank you for contacting us,

> Merci de nous avoir contacter,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My Husband didn't need a fingerprint version, since we were living in Canada and he had no criminal record.

My BIL adjusted status in the U.S., was in Calgary, had his fingerprinting done by the Calgary Police Service and indeed it took several months for him to receive the document (this was about 2 years ago).

I doubt it would be acceptable for an Embassy or Consulate in any country to 'take the fingerprints' - they specify in the instructions that they fingerprints must be taken by a police service.

I would recommend you post your query in the Canada forum. It also wouldn't hurt to call the local police service head office where your wife will be visiting and ask them about turn around time and if they subscribe to the electronic service.

Another service you may want to look at is the commissionaires.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Hi all. Proud to say, our I130 was approved the other day, fairly easy. On to the next step, in a nutshell

I'm e-mailing to check if anyone has experience with the "Real Time Identification (RTID) Project" which supposedly expedites fingerprinting processes within 72 hrs vs 'paper based' which manually obviously takes longer (~120 days?)

Our question is has anyone flown to Canada, fingerprinted electronically and received their police record in 72hrs or so?

Has anyone had their fingerprints done electronically OUTSIDE of Canada and had them sent in and experienced a quick turnaround?

Does anyone know if the Tokyo embassy will take electronic fingerprints and send to Canada? (Forgot to ask at the Embassy the other day!)

My wife is considering visiting friends in Canada anyway, so she mailed the Emb. to confirm, but they simply copy and pasted info from the website. OUCH. Can anyone confirm the quickest way to get her police record???

I am not sure you can do that outside Japan. HERE IS WHAT I FOUND FOR PPC FOR JAPAN.

Contact the Embassy again and ask them, or NVC. I think that's an issue only they could answer you to.

Congrats on the NOA2 and good luck in your visa journey :thumbs:

bulgaria_mwp.gifusa_mwp.gif

CSC USCIS ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-02-19 : I-130 package sent_________________2009-02-20 : I-130 Received in Chicago, IL

2009-02-27 : NOA1 Approved____________________2009-05-04 : NOA2 Approved

NVC ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-05-11 : NVC case # assigned

2009-05-19 : DS-3032/AOS Bill Generated__________2009-05-20 : DS-3032 e-mailed; AOS/I-864 Bill (paid online $70)

2009-05-26 : Sent In Completed I-864

2009-06-04 : e-mailed DS-3032 accepted by NVC____2009-06-04 : IV Fee bill generated, paid online $400

2009-06-08 : DS-230 mailed to NVC

2009-07-10 : Case complete - in 141 days

2009-07-21 : Interview expedite request e-mailed to NVC

2009-07-27 : NVC replied NO to expedite request

2009-07-29 : NVC e-mailed an interview date for Sept.15th

2009-08-07 : Case left NVC

2009-08-10 : DHL shipped file

2009-08-12 : Case received in USEM, Sofia

2009-08-24 : Medical scheduled

2009-08-25 : Interview re-scheduled

2009-08-28 : Visa in hand

2009-09-01 : US entry - Boston, MA

2009-09-15 : Welcome letter sent (21st Sept received)

2009-09-30 : GC production ordered

2009-10-08 : GC received

2010-02-01 : little D was born :)

VSC ~ROC~ Journey

2011-06-03 : mailed ROC package

2011-06-06: ROC NOA1

2011-07-08: Biometrics appointment

2012-02-25: GC Approval

2012-03-....: PGC received

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Thanks for the help everyone! Here's a quick amendment:

I ended up calling and long story short, digital fingerprinting is speedier, it'll cost 72CAN for the 1. fingerprinting and 2. RCMP background check. These are two separate entities, however, point of entry and payment is simply with the company, in this case "Commissisionares"

Here's a summary:

Ms. Barinder Parhar was nice and answered all of our questions. Process goes like this

1. Come in the morning (recommended) - make sure fingers moisturized; they'll ensure readibility and quality with you there.

2. Digital fingerprints are sent instantly to RCMP

3. RCMP processes for 3 days

4. Mailinng takes 5-6 days (forgot to confirm 'business days'

5. Total: 8-10 days , but no guarantee

Highlights:

* Definitely faster, it is a green light

* May receive it while you are on vacation

* Bottom line, it'll come within about 10 days

* Clear process, so easy to understand

* Have a contact name: Barinder Parhar called

I am not sure you can do that outside Japan. HERE IS WHAT I FOUND FOR PPC FOR JAPAN.

Contact the Embassy again and ask them, or NVC. I think that's an issue only they could answer you to.

Congrats on the NOA2 and good luck in your visa journey :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.