JeniLovesMarwan

Just received packet 3

3 posts in this topic

Ok we just received packet 3 in the mail today we filed the petition DCF in Cairo Egypt. I have some questions about the packet 3.

First there is a form in the packet called DS-3032 I have never heard of this form does anyone know what this is and if we have to fill it out?

Also when my husband gets all things he needs on the checklist in packet 3 does he send copies and originals back to embassy or just send copies and bring all originals with him when he comes to his interview?

I also know anything in Arabic must be translated in English does he send the translation in the mail along with the copies or bring them with the originals when he comes for his interview?

Can these English translations be copies or must they all be originals?

In the checklist it mentions copies of all things but the only thing that doesn't say copy is the police record, it says original should we still send a copy of this or just the original? Everything else says copy and original.

I have heard lots of info that there is DS-156, DS-156K, DS157 and I-134 that you fill out also but there was nothing in the packet 3 about these or was there anything said about these forms so Im not sure if we need them or not because its not listed in the checklist for packet 3.

If anyone could please help me I would appreciate it because I am really confused about all this after receiving packet 3. Thank you

Filed: Timeline
Ok we just received packet 3 in the mail today we filed the petition DCF in Cairo Egypt. I have some questions about the packet 3.

First there is a form in the packet called DS-3032 I have never heard of this form does anyone know what this is and if we have to fill it out?

Also when my husband gets all things he needs on the checklist in packet 3 does he send copies and originals back to embassy or just send copies and bring all originals with him when he comes to his interview?

I also know anything in Arabic must be translated in English does he send the translation in the mail along with the copies or bring them with the originals when he comes for his interview?

Can these English translations be copies or must they all be originals?

In the checklist it mentions copies of all things but the only thing that doesn't say copy is the police record, it says original should we still send a copy of this or just the original? Everything else says copy and original.

I have heard lots of info that there is DS-156, DS-156K, DS157 and I-134 that you fill out also but there was nothing in the packet 3 about these or was there anything said about these forms so Im not sure if we need them or not because its not listed in the checklist for packet 3.

If anyone could please help me I would appreciate it because I am really confused about all this after receiving packet 3. Thank you

For documents submitted in Egypt you do not need to translate them. They have plenty of Egyptian employes to read them. Documents submitted in the USA must be translated. Submit copies unless they ask for originals, (the police report needs to be an original) take the original documents to the interview, and write on each copy you submit that the original document is available upon request.

Have his birth certificate translated, you'll need it in the USA later on. Check for updated versions of the forms they request at uscis.gov

Sorry I can't answer questions about specific forms... each Embassy is different.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.