Deputy Purple

WARNING about Shipping to the US via LBC Express....

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline

We needed to send NVC a corrected DS-230 for my wife as her address history only went back to when she was 17.

We used LBC as she was going to be busy with SLMEC Monday and DHL is closed on the weekends (in Tarlac).

Just so you understand how LBC Express sips to the US:

They accept your package locally in the Ph and transport it to Manila.

In Manila they re-ship you package via UPS.

The only tracking number you will ever get form them is the LBC number, they aren't even intelligent enough to keep internal records that allow the employees to look-up the UPS tracking number for a package.

To get your UPS Tracking info you will have to call UPS (800) 782-7892 and speak to an agent. Give them the LBC Tracking number and tell them it's the "Reference Number" for the shipment.

All of this I don't have a problem with.

Here's the problem I have with LBC Express:

They believe they can (and should) change the Shipping Address as the person shipping obviously isn't smart enough to know where they actually want the package to arrive.

In our case, the NVC Barcoded Cover Sheet was quite specific that we shoudl ship the updated documents to:

National VISA Center

Attn. DR

31 Rochester Ave

Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

Where did LBS decide to ship it:

National VISA Center

32 Rochester Ave

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2901

The receipt my wife has lists the correct destination but the UPS shipment doesn't.

I would hope that because of the Barcoded Cover Sheet the documents will get to the right place but still this is a company that I will never deal with again.

We needed to send NVC a corrected DS-230 for my wife as her address history only went back to when she was 17.

We used LBC as she was going to be busy with SLMEC Monday and DHL is closed on the weekends (in Tarlac).

Just so you understand how LBC Express sips to the US:

They accept your package locally in the Ph and transport it to Manila.

In Manila they re-ship you package via UPS.

The only tracking number you will ever get form them is the LBC number, they aren't even intelligent enough to keep internal records that allow the employees to look-up the UPS tracking number for a package.

To get your UPS Tracking info you will have to call UPS (800) 782-7892 and speak to an agent. Give them the LBC Tracking number and tell them it's the "Reference Number" for the shipment.

All of this I don't have a problem with.

Use FedEx or UPS when sending documents from the Philippines to the United States. You can count on LBC when you are sending balikbayan box to the Philippines.

Here's the problem I have with LBC Express:

They believe they can (and should) change the Shipping Address as the person shipping obviously isn't smart enough to know where they actually want the package to arrive.

In our case, the NVC Barcoded Cover Sheet was quite specific that we shoudl ship the updated documents to:

National VISA Center

Attn. DR

31 Rochester Ave

Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

Where did LBS decide to ship it:

National VISA Center

32 Rochester Ave

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2901

The receipt my wife has lists the correct destination but the UPS shipment doesn't.

I would hope that because of the Barcoded Cover Sheet the documents will get to the right place but still this is a company that I will never deal with again.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.