srac

What to do about applying NEED HELP

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm a US citizen, maybe my case is a lil complicated but could use some advice. Thanks in advance. My questions arent about applying etc..cuz i already know how to do all that. Anyways ill go ahead and ask. I already contacted the embassy here in syria. They said I can apply from here i got the pack of papers and everything. The problem is that i have recently done my katb kitab and so we are officially married, i mean i've known my new wife forever years and years since childhood (childhood friends, best friends, couple) :). have tons of pictures, so i can prove this to them. The problem though as you all know is traditionally we dont live together until after the wedding, and we are not living together, and shes in our neighboring country lebanon. I already thought about applying from there but i cant cuz i cant get a permanent residence there only as a tourist, and no i cant get a job there cuz i'm a doctor and they dont employ foreign physicians in lebanon and so its not possible though i can apply from syria so i thought why not.. anyways she currently works in the american university hospital in lebanon, and its not like i can lie to the counsler that shes in syria permanently cuz when you fill out the biographical data it asks residence of last 5 years etc.. as well as where you've worked including presently. I wrote an email to the embassy but didnt get a reply about that.. so i'm worried now.. i told them were married but because shes working there that we decided that she would keep her job until the visa came out which is true, and that I go back and forth from country to country which is also true. I asked if possible i could petition here and the process would continue there like you know on the i-130 if you fill the right half with your spouse's address, but i said if not its ok as well we both can be phyiscally present during the interview etc.. i mean i really just wanna take her with me to america, i dunno why all this is complicated. Also so when going to petition i mean do you guys wear your rings on your left hand..cant i just explain it to them? that were married i mean we have the official paper work and everything, im just really worried about all this maybe for nothing, but i dont want them to deny me the chance of apply through the counselar cuz i know how long and painful the USCIS process takes over a year where it takes only 3-5 months here in syria :( ahhh help any advice??? thanks! Also what should 1 do about the support paper when that comes up i might not even get to that :( ahh.. i mean shes been working for a few years and can prove that and i have money in my account here as well and recieved a wedding present from parents i read about 3x the poverty line and with our combined assets were over that is that ok that one does not need a co-sponsor, thanks alot for your input..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

What is it that you are asking exactly?

the "support paper" that you will need should show that you make above the minimum requirement for your household size. Her income has nothing to do with it.

You will also need to show that you have domicle in the US. They arent going to give a visa to someone if they cant prove that they have intent (and means) to go live in America.

Good Luck

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Hi guys, I'm a US citizen, maybe my case is a lil complicated but could use some advice. Thanks in advance. My questions arent about applying etc..cuz i already know how to do all that. Anyways ill go ahead and ask. I already contacted the embassy here in syria. They said I can apply from here i got the pack of papers and everything. The problem is that i have recently done my katb kitab and so we are officially married, i mean i've known my new wife forever years and years since childhood (childhood friends, best friends, couple) :). have tons of pictures, so i can prove this to them. The problem though as you all know is traditionally we dont live together until after the wedding, and we are not living together, and shes in our neighboring country lebanon. I already thought about applying from there but i cant cuz i cant get a permanent residence there only as a tourist, and no i cant get a job there cuz i'm a doctor and they dont employ foreign physicians in lebanon and so its not possible though i can apply from syria so i thought why not.. anyways she currently works in the american university hospital in lebanon, and its not like i can lie to the counsler that shes in syria permanently cuz when you fill out the biographical data it asks residence of last 5 years etc.. as well as where you've worked including presently. I wrote an email to the embassy but didnt get a reply about that.. so i'm worried now.. i told them were married but because shes working there that we decided that she would keep her job until the visa came out which is true, and that I go back and forth from country to country which is also true. I asked if possible i could petition here and the process would continue there like you know on the i-130 if you fill the right half with your spouse's address, but i said if not its ok as well we both can be phyiscally present during the interview etc.. i mean i really just wanna take her with me to america, i dunno why all this is complicated. Also so when going to petition i mean do you guys wear your rings on your left hand..cant i just explain it to them? that were married i mean we have the official paper work and everything, im just really worried about all this maybe for nothing, but i dont want them to deny me the chance of apply through the counselar cuz i know how long and painful the USCIS process takes over a year where it takes only 3-5 months here in syria :( ahhh help any advice??? thanks! Also what should 1 do about the support paper when that comes up i might not even get to that :( ahh.. i mean shes been working for a few years and can prove that and i have money in my account here as well and recieved a wedding present from parents i read about 3x the poverty line and with our combined assets were over that is that ok that one does not need a co-sponsor, thanks alot for your input..

I believe the embassy is aware of the local tradition and they consider it when studying each application. I know many couples do get married officially, but they do not move together until after the wedding. This is common, so I assume it shouldn't be a problem.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: Other Country: Iraq
Timeline

I believe the embassy is aware of the local tradition and they consider it when studying each application. I know many couples do get married officially, but they do not move together until after the wedding. This is common, so I assume it shouldn't be a problem.

hi, i know what you're talking about, i think if you tell them you were married and because of your jobs you're not living together, you're officially married, and have your marriage contract, why the heck it's so complicated like this!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.