ClairelovesMyles

Newbie! Help needed... with... everything!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

You haven't yet said whether the two of you have met in person. If you have, and you want to come to the U.S. to stay, he must file a petition to allow you to apply for a fiance visa (K-1). That's the quickest way, but of course it requires that you marry within 90 days after your arrival.

Hey Claire! John and I met on YouTube, so no worries, girl! And welcome!

Maybe pool your money (his and yours) together for him to come see you? A face-to-face should help you make a decision that's right for you. You've gotten some great advice on this thread ... all I can add is that if I could do it again, I would've loved to have gone the CR-1 route. John and I were apart for six months (some here have been apart even longer w/K-1); if we had gone CR-1 instead of K-1, I could've lived in England (loooove it) with my honey, married there, filed CR-1, and been dragged back to SoCal by my husband, where a green card would be waiting for him. :lol:

Good luck!! (F)

THE JOHN (UK) AND CAMIE (US) SHOW

K-1

[*]I-129F Sent : 2009-02-19 [*]I-129F NOA1: 2009-02-23 [*]I-129F NOA2: 2009-03-23 [*]John's Medical: 2009-05-11 [*]John's INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!: 2009-06-08 [*]VISA ARRIVES!!: 2009-06-12 [*]Camie Goes to England : 2009-06-18 [*]Our POE : 2009-06-24 [*]Got married and went to Jack-in-the-Box : 2009-07-07

AOS

[*]AOS Package Sent: 2010-02-13 [*]AOS Package Delivered (per USPS): 2010-02-15 [*]USCIS Email Confirmation (WOO HOO!!): 2010-02-23 [*]AOS Fee Check Cashed: 2010-02-23 [*]USCIS Status Check Available Online: 2010-02-24 [*]I-485 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]I-765 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]Biometrics: 2010-03-18 (letter received 2010-03-08) [*]EAD CARD RECEIVED: 2010-05-06 [*]INTERVIEW: 2010-05-21 - APPROVED [*]RECEIVED GREEN CARD: 2010-06-17 - Lakers FTW, then off to Disneyland to celebrate!

ROC

[*]I-751 Package Sent: 2012-05-18 [*]I-751 Package Delivered (per USPS): 2012-05-19 [*]CSC Fee Check Cashed: 2012-06-06
[*]I-751 NOA1: 2012-06-07 (dated 2012-05-21)
[*]Biometrics: 2012-07-16 (letter received 2012-06-25) [*]RFE: 2013-01-18 (responded on 2013-04-08)
[*]I-751 APPROVED: 2013-04-25 (dated 2013-04-19)

[*]10-Year GC Received: 2013-06-17

Christopher Midian Chance - 7lbs., 5oz., born 11-19-14 :wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Where to start... Okay, I'm at the beginning of my Visa journey, I'm still pretty clueless and am unsure which Visa I should be applying for... I would REALLY appreciate any information you guys can give me...

It may help if I tell you all a bit about my situation,

Many months ago, I met an American boy and we fell madly and completely, head over heels, in love, it's gotten to the point where each day I spend without him grows more and more painful... The only thing standing in our way is the Visa, without this I can't see him, what with the expense of flying and cost of living I would be unable to go over unless I was able to work. Getting work is not a concern, my only concern is the Visa, this and this alone is the one thing stopping me from getting on a flight and leaving today!

Please help... We need it!

:help:

To give you the proper advice we need to know if you've met face-2-face in the last two years (if at all)?

Also, he'll need to meet the income requirement of 125% the poverty rate. (I can't remember offhand but it's around 18k (USD) (that's if he has noone else to support, like kids). If he doesn't make this much, then you'll need a co-sponsor.

Getting work SHOULD be a concern! Tthere's a recession going on with mass redundancies at all levels. I'm just saying... you need to factor that in. Like someone else said, you sound quite young. Seriously, take your time!! I know it's hard not seeing someone you're head over heals in love with, but this isn't the sort of thing you should rush into... the idea of dropping out of college at the drop of a hat seems a little foolish. You say you don't even want to leave at as long as waiting til this college year to end. If you go down the K1 Fiance Visa route, you're looking at 6-8 months anyway, so if you're expecting to move there anytime soon.... think again.

As anyone on here will tell you... Getting a Visa is a waiting game for 90% of the process.

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.