simple_mhe24

Has anyone here thought of donating to those victims of Ondoy?

6 posts in this topic

Just thought of posting this question here coz I was curious if anyone plans on donating anything to those victims...As I watched the news about the disaster,my heart really melted to the homeless people especially when I heard about kids coz I have a 2 kids too....I cant send cash coz my husband just close his job recently and we're also trying to budget but I want to help in some ways....we got alot of clothes,bed covers and some usefull things that I'm sure will be usefull to the victims...but the thing is,there's no way I can send it that will get to the PI quick...hehehe...Anyone here can suggest anything?

Thanks in advance and God Bless!!!

Just thought of posting this question here coz I was curious if anyone plans on donating anything to those victims...As I watched the news about the disaster,my heart really melted to the homeless people especially when I heard about kids coz I have a 2 kids too....I cant send cash coz my husband just close his job recently and we're also trying to budget but I want to help in some ways....we got alot of clothes,bed covers and some usefull things that I'm sure will be usefull to the victims...but the thing is,there's no way I can send it that will get to the PI quick...hehehe...Anyone here can suggest anything?

You can ask the reverend of your congregation. You will get more help from the faithfuls. The reverend can always ask for second collection. :star:

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

You can send it through ABS-CBN, here's the hotline to call.

ABS-CBN Foundation USA toll-free 1-800-527-2820

For updates click this ABS-CBN NEWS TYPHOON UPDATE

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pls txt the FULL ADDRESS of those who are stranded to Sen.Gordon 09178997898 or0938444BOYS or Sen.Villar rescue text hotline: 09174226800,09172414864, 09276751981 / Rubber boat requests 8383203, 8383354 /Rescue dump trucks 09174226800 or 0...9276751981 / Ba...gyong Ondoy 7342118, 7342120 / PAGASA 4338526 / National Disaster Council 9125668, 9111406, 9122665, 9115061.

PAWS

is opening its doors for the dog and cat evacuees! Please have a heart

and extend a helping hand to the innocent animals! You can also help by

donating dog/cat food and cages/shelters with roofs. The shelter is

located in Katipunan. Please repost.........! Exact Address and Contact

numbers are:Aurora Blvd., Katipunan Valley,Loyola HeightsQ.C.Telefax:

If you want to send used clothes, canned goods and other necessities for the victims, kindly send them to:

Philippine National Red Cross

Food items: Rice, noodles, canned goods, sugar, iodized salt, cooking oil, monggo beans and potable water

Medicines: Paracetamol, antibiotics, analgesic, oral rehydration salts, multivitamins and medications to treat diarrheal diseases

Non-food items: Bath soaps, face towels, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, plastic mats, blankets, mosquito nets, jerry cans, water containers, water purification tablets, plastic sheetings, and Laundry soap

Rehabilitation Programs: Shelter materials for house repair

INTERNATIONAL

1. Send a letter of intent to donate to the PNRC

2. A letter of acceptance from PNRC shall be sent back to the donor

3. Immediately after shipping the goods, please send the (a) original Deed of Donation, (B) copy of packing list and © original Airway Bill for air shipments or Bill of Lading for sea shipments to The Philippine National Red Cross–National Headquarters c/o Secretary General Gwendolyn Pang, Bonifacio Drive, Port Area, Manila 2803, Philippines.

The PNRC does not accept rotten, damaged, expired or decayed goods. Though we appreciate your generosity, the PNRC also discourages donations of old clothes as we have more than enough to go around.

ALSO:

"Manny Villar :We have a rescue and relief operation ongoing. Our hotline is 0917 422 6800. For donations please send it to Worldwide Corporate Center, Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City"

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

how to help

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/...p-Ondoy-victims

how to help

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view/20090928-227308/How-to-help-Ondoy-victims

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.