JANETandLYLE

Preparing the papers for Interview

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok I'm assembling the papers now for the interview. Any need to be originals? None need notorized or certified, correct? I thought I was to send copies and always keep originals in case they wanted to check or confirm. I'm sending original birth certificates for both of us, but what else needs to be originals? I'm also sending three years of back taxes (copies of my returns) to cover us. Do the tax returns need to be certified by my accountant? Everything else ill sort and send updated intent to marry letters for us both. I'm replacing the previous ones with updated intent to marry letters. Other than that, i'm including a few logs of chat, phone calls, monies I have sent over time, cards and letters, etc about two per month since 2004. Have I missed anything? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Ok I'm assembling the papers now for the interview. Any need to be originals? None need notorized or certified, correct? I thought I was to send copies and always keep originals in case they wanted to check or confirm. I'm sending original birth certificates for both of us, but what else needs to be originals? I'm also sending three years of back taxes (copies of my returns) to cover us. Do the tax returns need to be certified by my accountant? Everything else ill sort and send updated intent to marry letters for us both. I'm replacing the previous ones with updated intent to marry letters. Other than that, i'm including a few logs of chat, phone calls, monies I have sent over time, cards and letters, etc about two per month since 2004. Have I missed anything? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

how about photos together and with family members? they always ask for photos at the pre-interview. don't forget your CENOMAR...although i've forgotten if you need that for a K1. You can present photocopies as long as you present the originals too.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Hi. Please have patience to read below... This is the way how I arranged mine. I hope this helps... By the way, although no paper needs notarization, Brian's HR manager had the I-134 and the letter of employment notarized for him. I believe it is a standard procedure in his company.

Folder 1: Legal forms

1. Appointment Letter (Packet 4) and valid ID ( the embassy guard at the gate needs these )

2. DS Forms (156, 156k and 157)

3. Identification papers and police clearances (if needed)

-NSO Birth certificate of applicant

-NBI Clearance of applicant

-Baptismal Certificate of applicant

-CENOMAR of applicant

-Divorce Decree of petitioner

-Renewed Letter of Intent to Marry (signed and dated) - applicant's and petitioner's each now addressed to the US Consul in Manila

4. Affidavit of support papers

- Notarized Form I-134

- Petitioner's Employment Letter with Annual Income stated and how long he has been in his job along with:

- 2009 Tax Copies (Tax Transcripts and E-filing)

- 2007-2009 W2 Copies

- Sample Recent Pay Stubs Copies

- Bank letter/statements

- Insurance papers

- Stocks/Bonds, etc.

Folder 2: Proof of Meeting and Engagement Documents

- Congratulatory messages from friends (cards, facebook, emails etc)

- Wedding Dress Design

- More Photos of us together (with Captions) arranged as follows; Family first, friends second, work third and ours together.

- Plus the original copy of the I-129F the petitioner sent to USCIS where all the primary evidences are

(primary evidence: boarding passes of trips we took together, restaurant, hotel and other commercial receipts)

Folder 3: Additional Proof of Continuous Relationship after submitting I-129F

-Snail mails, cards and postal envelopes and waybills (they vary in sizes and bulky when stacked together)

-Electronic Correspondences

-Sample Yahoo! and Skype VIDEO Chats (Screen shots)

-E-mail Correspondence between applicant and petitioner

-Screen Shots of Yahoo! or Skype

-Sample Yahoo and Skype CHAT Logs (one per month)

Edited by BrianandMerne

Life is beautiful!

The I-134 doesn't need to be notarized. A couple of years ago, yes...but that is no longer in effect. It says so on the Execution of Affidavit section on the form.

The supporting documents must be original, however. The self-employed income tax return (1099, I believe), can either be an original personal copy (if you filed electronically) or a requested tax transcript from the IRS.

If you are presenting assets, then you must provide supporting documents to prove your ownership and their respective value.

Hope this helps.

I'm self employed, so no letter of employment. Also, is it necessary to have the I-134 notorized or anything? Thanks

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline

Hi JANETandLYLE

heres what I did during my interview way back Feb 2, 2007 and I got

Suggestions!

Prepare all your docs in a 3 clear books and put index stubs too

First clear book Title is "IDENTIFICATION PAPERS" includes

a.)NSO Birth Certificate,

b.)CENOMAR,

c.)NBI CLEARANCE,

d.)POLICE CLEARANCE,

e.)TERMINATION OF PRIOR MARRIAGE) if Applicable to you and to your fiance

Second clear book Title is "AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT" includes

a.)Form I-134

b.)your Fiance's Employment Letter

c.)at least 3 years Tax Return w/ W2 copies

d.)Fiance's recent pay stubs - copies

Third clear book Title is " EVIDENCE OF GENUINE ENGAGEMENT" inludes

a.) Renewed Letter of intent to marry

b.) includes all the evidence or proof of continuos relationship (engagement ring receipt,chat logs,email, snail mail, cards, money remittance receipt, and put all the evidence of your prior meetings

if you do this you will feel confident in your interview even the interviewer they will give you it happened to me before and it will happen to you too! Just pray and feel confident and dont feel nervous! and you will be fine.....

hope it helps!

Good luck and God bless!

arch & cel

AOS JOURNEY

2007-05-07 (PM) Married

2007-05-09 AOS package sent

2007-05-10 AOS delivered to Chicago IL (day 1)

2007-05-15 NOA (not rcved in the mail) (day 6)

2007-06-01 Biometrics Notice in the Mail (day 23)

2007-06-27 Biometrics (day 49)

2007-06-20 Interview Notice Issued (day 42)

2007-06-23 Interview Notice in the Mail (day 45)

2007-08-10 Interview 10:00 am Sn Francisco (day 93) Approved

2007-08-21 Greencard received

Removal of Condition

2009-06-19 - sent

2009-06-25 - received

2009-06-26 - cheque cash

2009-07-17 - notice date

2009-08-14 - Biomentrics

2009-09-08 - Approved

2009-09-08 - 09-15 Card production ordered (email)(day 82)

2009-09-17 - Approval notice sent (email)

2009-09-19 - 10 year greencard received (w/wrong information)

2009-09-21 - I-90 sent

2009-11-04 - Card Production Order

2009-11-09 - Approval Notice received

2009-11-10 - Touched

1009-11-14 - Replacement 10 years greencard received (55 days)from filing expired 11/09/2019

Timeline

WOW!!!! that sounds way to perfect that is a great idea!!!! I will definitely have Pam read this thread and print it out!!!

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

Timeline

Can you please help me with what is needed exactly for the interview at manila? they say a copy of the entire I-129f which is not confusing. The confusing part is then they say,"send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129f to your fiance for the interview" What documents are they referring to here? This is really the only part im not sure about. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Lyle

Timeline
Can you please help me with what is needed exactly for the interview at manila? they say a copy of the entire I-129f which is not confusing. The confusing part is then they say,"send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129f to your fiance for the interview" What documents are they referring to here? This is really the only part im not sure about. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Lyle

Your hubby should have made copies of everything that was sent in. Have him send you the copies.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-09-04

I-129F RFE(s) : 2009-10-19

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-10-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-11-18

NVC Received : 2009-11-20

NVC Left : 2009-11-24

Consulate Received : 2009-12-04

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2009-12-05

Interview Date : 2010-01-04 Approved.

Planned POE: 2010-01-08

Timeline

Actually, this is Lyle not janet asking these questions. I have copies of all I sent to NVC originally. It appears the Embassy also wants to see original documents. My question is: What original documents are they wanting? Birth certificates, anything signed by either of us, what? This is what I'm not sure of. Thank you LYLE

Timeline
Actually, this is Lyle not janet asking these questions. I have copies of all I sent to NVC originally. It appears the Embassy also wants to see original documents. My question is: What original documents are they wanting? Birth certificates, anything signed by either of us, what? This is what I'm not sure of. Thank you LYLE

Only thing doing a little different is W2 forms bank forms, and paymaster form. I was told do not have to send original anythings but good copies would suffice. That does not mean will not be sending anything and everything I have.

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Timeline

Only thing doing a little different is W2 forms bank forms, and paymaster form. I was told do not have to send original anythings but good copies would suffice. That does not mean will not be sending anything and everything I have.

What is paymaster form? never heard of it lol

Timeline

What is paymaster form? never heard of it lol

Paymaster form get from your employer. Says how long you have been working there. How much you make, and your job is secure.

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

dsc632.jpg

This is the way how I prepared my docs.

I haven't label the last clear book. that is meant for photos only.

You can buy a clear book like that in national bookstore. the white paper label at the side comes with the folder just flip it since the front page is the name of the distributor. It cost me Php55 for each. The thick one(the blueish) cost Php 69.

It looks so neat and organize.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.