Zip and Barbara

Police Certificate for Embassy Interview in Kiev

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Greetings all.

We have all of our ducks in a row thus far. We are curious about where to obtain a police certificate and how long that may take to get. Can my fiance go to the closest major city to obtain the certificate or does she have to get one from each region she's lived in? For example, if she grew up in Sumy Region and has lived in Dnepropetrovsk Region.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

07 Dec 08 - We met.

24 May 09 - We were engaged.

04 Jun 09 - Mailed I-129F to CSC.

15 Jun 09 - NOA 1. Letter in mailbox.

22 Sept 09 - NOA 2. Letter in mailbox.

21 Oct 09 - Interview, approved.

26 Oct 09 - Visa picked up at FedEx.

1 Nov 09 - US entry.

7 Nov 09 - Wedding day.

3 Dec 09 - Mailed AOS package.

9 Dec 09 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP.

5 Jan 10 - Biometrics appointment.

5 Feb 10 - Card production ordered.

Greetings all.

We have all of our ducks in a row thus far. We are curious about where to obtain a police certificate and how long that may take to get. Can my fiance go to the closest major city to obtain the certificate or does she have to get one from each region she's lived in? For example, if she grew up in Sumy Region and has lived in Dnepropetrovsk Region.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

They should be able to get this information at oblast center in Departments of Information Technology at the Ministry of Internal Affairs. It took my fiancee about 1 week to get the certificate.

DAve

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Police Records

Records are available. Police and prison records are kept by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Security Service of Ukraine. Immigrant visa applicants from Ukraine obtain police certificates at their local OVIRs (Office of Visas and Registration). Applicants outside Ukraine have to apply for police certificates through the nearest Ukrainian Embassy or Consulate.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Greetings all.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

They should be able to get this information at oblast center in Departments of Information Technology at the Ministry of Internal Affairs. It took my fiancee about 1 week to get the certificate.

DAve

Yep. Certificate is good for the entire country. 1-3 weeks for receipt, depends on the Oblast and how much you bribe them for fast service.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I lived in three regions on the territory of Ukraine. It doesn't matter where your bride lived or till now living. The main she was, still being inside of the country. The report will be one. I made it through the lawyer in Kiev. In one week, I had it.

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Timeline

Thank you all very much. Very helpful as always. We're hoping for an interview date soon. ;)

Cheers!

07 Dec 08 - We met.

1 Nov 09 - US entry.

7 Nov 09 - Wedding day.

Timeline

Very much so, right on and the way it is Gary! :thumbs:

Greetings all.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

DAve

Yep. Certificate is good for the entire country. 1-3 weeks for receipt, depends on the Oblast and how much you bribe them for fast service.

Timeline

Here's a tag along question, if I may. I called the embassy this morning and they don't have our KEV# number in the system yet. Let's assume that they only "check in" cases on Fridays, as I've seen posted here. Should I just keep calling every Monday morning to try to schedule the interview or is there some insider tip that could work in our favor. Just curious. We're on the five yard line and we want to stay as proactive as possible. ;)

07 Dec 08 - We met.

1 Nov 09 - US entry.

7 Nov 09 - Wedding day.

Timeline
Here's a tag along question, if I may. I called the embassy this morning and they don't have our KEV# number in the system yet. Let's assume that they only "check in" cases on Fridays, as I've seen posted here. Should I just keep calling every Monday morning to try to schedule the interview or is there some insider tip that could work in our favor. Just curious. We're on the five yard line and we want to stay as proactive as possible. ;)

You called the embassy or you called the appointment "call center" (which is located in Poland) ?

YMMV

Timeline
You called the embassy or you called the appointment "call center" (which is located in Poland) ?

I called the appointment call center, I believe. Which ever number is listed on the embassy web site. The PIN number, etc. I suppose if that's in Poland, please excuse my ignorance; I didn't know that. Should I be calling someone else. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction if I am barking up the wrong tree. 0442077071 is the number I called. The PIN would not work properly calling the toll free number.

07 Dec 08 - We met.

1 Nov 09 - US entry.

7 Nov 09 - Wedding day.

Timeline

I called the appointment call center, I believe. Which ever number is listed on the embassy web site. The PIN number, etc. I suppose if that's in Poland, please excuse my ignorance; I didn't know that. Should I be calling someone else. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction if I am barking up the wrong tree. 0442077071 is the number I called. The PIN would not work properly calling the toll free number.

As of now that is the only number you can call.... there used to be a shortcut but the consulate got wise and put a "stop" to it

YMMV

Timeline

Somehow I find the concept of bribing an official in order to get a police certificate, considerable situational irony. :whistle:

07 Dec 08 - We met.

1 Nov 09 - US entry.

7 Nov 09 - Wedding day.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Reliable urgent services to receive Police certificate from Ukraine

Somehow I find the concept of bribing an official in order to get a police certificate, considerable situational irony. :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.