ally and moh

preparing to file

44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am flying to Jordan next week to marry and will send all my papers back to the uscis while I am stying there for a couple of months. So I need to be sure I take everything with me.

I was just going over the K3 checklist. My mom will check my mail and fax my NOA1 to me if I get it so can file the I129 right away if the I130 is received while I am away.

My question is... Do I need to resubmit the proof of our relationship with the I129? It is not on the checklist. But I do not want to leave anything out.

Thanks for all of the support you have given us. We could not have made it without our friends here.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Essentially everything you sent with the I130 you will send with the I129F. Don't worry, not gonna tell you not to file the I129F.

We definitely are going K3. Time is most important to us right now after being turned down at our K1 interview earlier this month. We don't care about having to wait for a work permit and all that later. Just want to be together ASAP and K3 seems faster, especially in Jordan.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Essentially everything you sent with the I130 you will send with the I129F. Don't worry, not gonna tell you not to file the I129F.

Essentially, this is correct but "proof of relationship" is not actually required with either petition. It's required at the interview. If you want to front-load the petition with extra evidence of a bona fide relationship, then do so. If you're definitely going the K3 route then it will be critical to include anything you want the Consular officer to see in advance, in the I-129F packet because that's the only one that will go to the Consulate.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

You will need to send a copy of all the major requirements with the I129F. If you check the instruction for filing I-129F there a section that tell you what to send if you are using it as a K3 application. I am sure you know that you do not require to make another payment your fee will be waived. For me, i sent the major documents but left out the additional evidence that I had mailed with my I-130 - like pictures, e-mails, travel docs, bank accounts, e.t.c. I hope this helps.

Plus, i felt the need to file K3 also just to get him here without any further delay, but with the look of the processing time right now K3 may not be the best option. I just hope for both approval at the same time or my I-130 that way I can get the best deal. Goodluck buddy, you will back when everything is ready - "maybe together"

We definitely are going K3. Time is most important to us right now after being turned down at our K1 interview earlier this month. We don't care about having to wait for a work permit and all that later. Just want to be together ASAP and K3 seems faster, especially in Jordan.

I-130 FILED: 8/26/09

TOUCHED AND APPROVED 12/23/09. THE LORD IS FAITHFUL ALWAYS

NVC: CASE COMPLETE: Feb 3rd, 2010

INTERVIEW: Mar 12th, 7:00 a.m : APPROVED

POE / ARRIVAL: Washington D.C. April 8th.

Al hamdu li'lah, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Al hamdu li'lah robbi al amin

Timeline
You will need to send a copy of all the major requirements with the I129F. If you check the instruction for filing I-129F there a section that tell you what to send if you are using it as a K3 application. I am sure you know that you do not require to make another payment your fee will be waived. For me, i sent the major documents but left out the additional evidence that I had mailed with my I-130 - like pictures, e-mails, travel docs, bank accounts, e.t.c. I hope this helps.

Plus, i felt the need to file K3 also just to get him here without any further delay, but with the look of the processing time right now K3 may not be the best option. I just hope for both approval at the same time or my I-130 that way I can get the best deal. Goodluck buddy, you will back when everything is ready - "maybe together"

Right now, it says it takes 41 days for him to get a K3 interview in Jordan, and 199 days for a CR1. Thats a HUGE difference! K3 is the route for us!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

IMO, I'd include a copy of everything you sent in with the I-130, on the subsequent K-3 petition package.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Right now, it says it takes 41 days for him to get a K3 interview in Jordan, and 199 days for a CR1. Thats a HUGE difference! K3 is the route for us!

How did you find that out ? That it only takes 41 days and I have another question do you know if the American citizen can go into the interview too?

Timeline

The times for the interviews are under embassy info.

Yes American citizens are allowed at the interview. Someone I met here and just flew to Jordan with attended her fiance's interview today. They received AP for a background check. Seems Jordan is hard on K1s.

Good luck and I pray you do not get the woman who interviewed my fiance. She was very opinionated and unfair.

And by the way, I am with Mohsin now in Jordan for 6 weeks and we married 2 days ago! We will mail our K3 back to the states in a few days when we get our marriage certificate and start all over again. Thanks to everyone here for all your support. We could not have done it without you, and we are not finished yet!

The times for the interviews are under embassy info.

Yes American citizens are allowed at the interview. Someone I met here and just flew to Jordan with attended her fiance's interview today. They received AP for a background check. Seems Jordan is hard on K1s.

Good luck and I pray you do not get the woman who interviewed my fiance. She was very opinionated and unfair.

And by the way, I am with Mohsin now in Jordan for 6 weeks and we married 2 days ago! We will mail our K3 back to the states in a few days when we get our marriage certificate and start all over again. Thanks to everyone here for all your support. We could not have done it without you, and we are not finished yet!

Before you filed for a married visa, you better make sure your K1 is dead and buried, and not just sent to Washington DC for further processing!!

Dont bother with K3 is not not faster then a CR1, will only slow you down and cost more money in the long run.

Besides your K3 could get stuck in AP at the NVC stage, and that will slow you down big time.

I would also attend his interview when the time comes around.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Don't listen to the person above me cuz there wrong the k3 is way better in Jordan I'm doing the same thing as you by the way I filed for the fiancé visa and it was denied at the interview so I flew out to jordan in June and we got married in end of July the begining of September I recevied noa1 and now were just waiting good luck and thanx for answering I know it's kinda hard to find Internet in Jordan ... How do you like it out here?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey Ally,

I just was just wondering what you guys decided to do and check up on ya :) so I checked out your posting history and I see this... Congrats on the wedding. :D

I also saw in your last posts that you wont be able to take any pics with family. I told you before and Im saying again for you and any others.....Amman doesnt care about ANY OTHER PROOF except pictures of you with his family. You need to find some way of getting those or you may be facing more heartache at his k3 interview.

His family is ok with him coming here to live with you but you cant live there? That is very strange Ally and if they want and agree with him living with you here in the US then he should be able to convince his mother to take some pictures with you! Seriously

I wish you the best, you are a very sweet chick. I usually try not to gloom and doom but if you dont get some pics with his family....you guys are in for a seriously tough ride babe, especially with the other case being a suspected fraud.

Talk to him and make him understand the importance of this and he needs to talk to his mother again.

Good Luck and congrats again...enjoy your tiem together.

Lisa

Also, I will say the K3 seems better in Amman, we got our interview in about a month instead of the 60+ days for the Cr1's.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

I just saw that the two of you got married. Congratulations and I wish you the best. I hope you enjoy your visit in Jordan and are able to see all the beautiful sites.

I also hope you are able to build a relationship with your husband's parents and family while you are in Jordan. Family is very important there. Maybe if you can figure out why his parents aren't happy about the marriage, you can overcome that while you are visiting.

I wish you the best and enjoy your trip.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline

I called uscis about filing the I130 after the fiance petition. All they requested was a letter stating that I was withdrawing the fiance visa petition. I sent this to them. I have included a copy of it with the new I130 petition and we hope to send it all back to the US today via DHL... if the English translation of the marriage certificate is ready!

As for pics with his family, we are still hoping that happens before I leave. But honestly if they try to turn us down because we have none, I think I will argue all day with them. This relationship is about the 2 of us, not his family or mine... and really that should be all that matters.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I called uscis about filing the I130 after the fiance petition. All they requested was a letter stating that I was withdrawing the fiance visa petition. I sent this to them. I have included a copy of it with the new I130 petition and we hope to send it all back to the US today via DHL... if the English translation of the marriage certificate is ready!

As for pics with his family, we are still hoping that happens before I leave. But honestly if they try to turn us down because we have none, I think I will argue all day with them. This relationship is about the 2 of us, not his family or mine... and really that should be all that matters.

unfortunately, that wont help. arguing wnot change their minds on issuing a visa. You guys have a harder time ahead of you than many others because the first interview was documented as suspect. I hope you enjoy yourself and have a blast, i would consider moving there with him if you can, even if its just while waiting for the 130 approval...it will be a great chance to spend more "living" time with him and maybe warm up to the family, also good proof that you have a bonofide relationship ;)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.