fewfwfee

Need help with G325A - regarding employment.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I work at a vacation resort, but I get my checks from a company across town. On my G325A, should I give the pysical address of my work or the P.O. box that is on my check? Thank you in advance.

I had something similar when I was filling in my bio sheet. I used to work full time at a company whilst technically contracted to another, with a different address. I don't know if there's a right or wrong answer to this, but I put down the latter as that's what the paperwork I have would show, if anyone asked to see it.

Hope that helps,

Bobby

Timeline

Thank you.

I also had another question. I am putting my folder together, & placing everything in the plastic sheet covers to protect the pages, & for better presentation. Now, when it comes time to sheet my G325A's & my proof of having met Jack in person in the last 2 years (we have a few plane ticket copies, stubs, & receipts.) should I sleeve them all separately or together in one sleeve? I don't know if it makes a difference or not, I just wanna make this as easy as I can on the person working my case.

That's a good question. My wife handled all of my visa paperwork - she wants to train as an immigration lawyer, so I figured she could do with the practice... (she's ended up getting more than she bargained for, but that's another story!)

I'll ask her how she did it and get back to you.

Bobby

Thank you.

I also had another question. I am putting my folder together, & placing everything in the plastic sheet covers to protect the pages, & for better presentation. Now, when it comes time to sheet my G325A's & my proof of having met Jack in person in the last 2 years (we have a few plane ticket copies, stubs, & receipts.) should I sleeve them all separately or together in one sleeve? I don't know if it makes a difference or not, I just wanna make this as easy as I can on the person working my case.

I'd put it all together. Any elaborate arrangements you devise will simply be taken apart when the petition arrives at the service center and put into a folder in the way USCIS wants it.

What you can do is two-hole punch the top of each sheet (Acco fastener-style) for easy placement into the file folder.

More tips, directly from USCIS, on preparing your petition package for mailing: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

Thank you.

One last question I believe. I have to place my passport type photos in a plastic baggy behind my G325A, but I was wondering how many photos to place in the bag? Just one, or would they prefer a few? Thank you in advance.

Thank you.

One last question I believe. I have to place my passport type photos in a plastic baggy behind my G325A, but I was wondering how many photos to place in the bag? Just one, or would they prefer a few? Thank you in advance.

One for the petitioner and one for the beneficiary per the I-129F instructions. Including any more is entirely unnecessary—they'll most likely end up in the trash.

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

Okay, I lied, I have one more question. On our color photos that we include with our proof of meeting, if there are others in the photo (for instance my father), does his name go on the back aswell?

Okay, I lied, I have one more question. On our color photos that we include with our proof of meeting, if there are others in the photo (for instance my father), does his name go on the back aswell?

Sure. If it's your father, that makes it even better relationship evidence. :thumbs:

Timeline

Alright, another issue has arisen. I was strolling the forum & stumbled upon a thread asking if calling card receipts were valid evidence. Of course, the answer was no, but my fiance & I communicate using them. I have spent a little over 1,000 dollars on calling cards to call him over the past, oh, 6 months.

Well, I believe that the calling card company I used will not give me detailed call reports without a court subpoena, so that leaves us only with 2 letters, 3 cards, 1 month of call logs from my phone company before I discovered calling cards (I called everyday about 3 times a day for a full month & the call records show that), & a ton of e-mails back & forth over the span of our relationship. I also have several pictures of us together, but I think that goes more towards proof of having met.

Do you think this is enough, or will we get an RFE?

Thanks in advance.

For now the emails and cards and plane tickets will be fine. You just need to prove you met in the last 2 years at this stage.

I would however for the future try to send more emails so that you have a written record of the relationship which not only prove you talked over the months of processing but also what you talked about, establishing a more accurate picture of your relationship. Then you can take a sample to the interview and be prepared to show it (although its highly likely they won't even ask to see it :()

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline
For now the emails and cards and plane tickets will be fine. You just need to prove you met in the last 2 years at this stage.

I would however for the future try to send more emails so that you have a written record of the relationship which not only prove you talked over the months of processing but also what you talked about, establishing a more accurate picture of your relationship. Then you can take a sample to the interview and be prepared to show it (although its highly likely they won't even ask to see it :()

Yes, we e-mail each other a few times a week, & we're always talking about our future & things of that effect, but mostly they're about the K-1 process & checking everything over. I'm relieved that the cards, e-mails & proof of meeting should be enough. We also recently bought the engagement ring while he was here visiting in the US, so that is another scrap of evidence that should help. (The receipt that is, haha.)

Yes, we e-mail each other a few times a week, & we're always talking about our future & things of that effect, but mostly they're about the K-1 process & checking everything over. I'm relieved that the cards, e-mails & proof of meeting should be enough. We also recently bought the engagement ring while he was here visiting in the US, so that is another scrap of evidence that should help. (The receipt that is, haha.)

Yea, don't send them the ring, lol. It might get "lost" in someone's pocket.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline

Another question.

I have made copies of my birth certificate, but I read that they want copies of the front & back alike. Well, mine is blank on the back side, except for a 6 digit number in red at the bottom of the certificate. Do they want a copy of this also, & if so, since it will be a blank copy except for those small digits, should I label what it is?

Thank you in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Alright, another issue has arisen. I was strolling the forum & stumbled upon a thread asking if calling card receipts were valid evidence. Of course, the answer was no, but my fiance & I communicate using them. I have spent a little over 1,000 dollars on calling cards to call him over the past, oh, 6 months.

Well, I believe that the calling card company I used will not give me detailed call reports without a court subpoena, so that leaves us only with 2 letters, 3 cards, 1 month of call logs from my phone company before I discovered calling cards (I called everyday about 3 times a day for a full month & the call records show that), & a ton of e-mails back & forth over the span of our relationship. I also have several pictures of us together, but I think that goes more towards proof of having met.

Do you think this is enough, or will we get an RFE?

Thanks in advance.

You won't get an RFE. The only thing USCIS requires with the petition is proof that you've met each other face to face. Calling card, call logs, emails, letters, cards, etc. do NOT prove this at all. In fact, they are evidence you were NOT together when you were communicating. This sort of thing is proof of an ongoing relationship. With some consulates, it's highly advisable to include some of this evidence with the petition, especially if it helps to address "red flags" in your case. I've never heard of this being required or even helpful at the US Embassy in London. Include this stuff if you like, but make sure you've covered the bases with proof of having met first. It would suck to send in 50 pages of emails and chat logs and then get an RFE because you didn't include enough boarding passes or passport stamps.

Another question.

I have made copies of my birth certificate, but I read that they want copies of the front & back alike. Well, mine is blank on the back side, except for a 6 digit number in red at the bottom of the certificate. Do they want a copy of this also, & if so, since it will be a blank copy except for those small digits, should I label what it is?

Thank you in advance.

Absolutely, send copies of both sides. They specifically ask for this. If there's nothing on the back side, then they want to know that. My birth certificate also only has a number on the back printed in red.

I scanned every document copy I sent. I printed the scans in color on a page with a heading at the top of the page containing my name, the attachment number, and what specifically the page contained (i.e., "Petitoner's birth certificate, back side").

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.