venusfire503

converting - or not

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Islam hate me uh yah..thats it.

there is two sides to a story...and three sides to a penny. Love struck blind all sides from sight

simply put, as said b4. in america etc.. religion is a belief.. many other places it is A WAY OF LIFE..

If your man is saying no problem to who you are and what you believe....then he is bsing you, if he is from a strong family culture and says its ok your 45 yo and im 25 look at Khadija.. blah blah.. no need for children.. ill love adopt accept yours and your exes.. HA wow yah really believing this...Hello fergie spell it out D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L

I can marry christian. no problem..bcoz face it he knows once your wife you have littlee choice.(again not a bcoz all cultures have jackasses, its that all cultures have DIFFERING social standards and Practices ie norms)

MY WISH is that woman was of Islamic of mind b4 getting tangled in marriage , ISLAM means submission. bcoz in the end,, you know your submission and faith lies in GOD ALLAH.

Im Muslim b4 marriage.. and even i know that there is much truth to this article....Islamic culture is what it is, marriage is Islam. think it good think it bad. who cares

Main thing is it right for you..............???

Just curious. Do you have insecurity problems with American women, or do you hate Islam, or do you truly believe that all Muslim men are this much of an A-Hole?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Is Jihadwatch your source of knowledge about Islam?

oldahmed,

Now, there's a scary thought... I think believing what you read on that link is about the same as believing that all Muslims are terrorists, which you can see on other mindless ranting websites. I'm not Muslim, but I've been incensed by some of the ####### out there I see people posting about Muslims. Geez, I'm sure SOME Muslims are like the ones described there (you'll find scary people in every group), but I seriously doubt it's very many. My husband doesn't come even vaguely close to what I read on jihadwatch.

I was wondering, when reading through it, if it was actually written by a Muslim woman who has a problem with the fact that some Muslim men marry non-Muslim women (nothing against Muslim women - the ones I've met or talked to are very nice, just wondering about the person who wrote that link). Since they can't marry non-Muslim men, I imagine some would get really upset that the pool of possible husbands was being de-populated - what better way to put an end to it than to scare the ####### outta people. It's more likely it was written by someone who just hates Muslims, though. It's a shame it was posted here. And I hope that it didn't do any damage to anyone, other than the outrage that I know I felt. I really hope it didn't affect any of the non-Muslim spouses out there - esp pregnant ones - and/or the relationships any of them are in.

Sorry if I offended anyone - I didn't mean to. I think the people here are sweet and wonderful, helpful and supportive, almost without exception. Sometimes things don't come across the way I intend. I just get upset when I read ###### like that.

Oh, and to the people who made jokes about it - thank you for taking away the edge to it. I really mean it - it's easier to deal with BS when we mock it! I hope it helped some people not take it seriously. I'm pretty emotional anyway, but when I was pregnant, it was even worse.

The only thing is, now some people (Charles! heehee) here have made me want to go make and eat some popcorn... and I really had enough to eat today. Plus, I should get to bed soon - hubby's up there waiting, and I have to get up relatively early tomorrow....

maybe just a little popcorn.... :D

Peace to all....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

No one worry about me. I have bigger things to worry about than stupid JihadWatch articles. Such as the traces of peanut butter in my fluff jar. Someone's gonna pay for that. :diablo:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
No one worry about me. I have bigger things to worry about than stupid JihadWatch articles. Such as the traces of peanut butter in my fluff jar. Someone's gonna pay for that. :diablo:

I thought I was being so careful. :blush:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Exactly how I felt when I went to get an oatmeal raisin cookie and there was only one left...grrr. The horror.

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Exactly how I felt when I went to get an oatmeal raisin cookie and there was only one left...grrr. The horror.

im on the hunt for who ate the cheese when i was sleeping sounded good cheese sandwich .............gone gone gone :crying:

sara

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I know of lots of Muslim women are or were married to non-Muslim men. I was born Muslim and Arab and was married to a Christian man for close to 30 years. Frankly, most Muslim women who wouldn't marry a non-Muslim man wouldn't want one who would marry a non-Muslim woman.

oldahmed,

Now, there's a scary thought... I think believing what you read on that link is about the same as believing that all Muslims are terrorists, which you can see on other mindless ranting websites. I'm not Muslim, but I've been incensed by some of the ####### out there I see people posting about Muslims. Geez, I'm sure SOME Muslims are like the ones described there (you'll find scary people in every group), but I seriously doubt it's very many. My husband doesn't come even vaguely close to what I read on jihadwatch.

I was wondering, when reading through it, if it was actually written by a Muslim woman who has a problem with the fact that some Muslim men marry non-Muslim women (nothing against Muslim women - the ones I've met or talked to are very nice, just wondering about the person who wrote that link). Since they can't marry non-Muslim men, I imagine some would get really upset that the pool of possible husbands was being de-populated - what better way to put an end to it than to scare the ####### outta people. It's more likely it was written by someone who just hates Muslims, though. It's a shame it was posted here. And I hope that it didn't do any damage to anyone, other than the outrage that I know I felt. I really hope it didn't affect any of the non-Muslim spouses out there - esp pregnant ones - and/or the relationships any of them are in.

Sorry if I offended anyone - I didn't mean to. I think the people here are sweet and wonderful, helpful and supportive, almost without exception. Sometimes things don't come across the way I intend. I just get upset when I read ###### like that.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

What do you say to me? I'm Muslim, from a Palestinian family, raised in the ME, and I'm 21 years older than my Moroccan husband. We take Islam as a way of life, and he takes my children as his.

Websites like Jihadwatch are meant to forment hatred between Muslims and non-Muslims. They have nothing positve to say about Muslims and Islam. Sadly, may Americans DO take their knowledge from sites like this. I was listening to a local radio talk show the other day where, in light of the Zazi arrest in Denver, they were asking Muslims to call in and explain why "Muslims don't speak out loudly against terrorism" (that tired canard). One of the hosts said he read Robert Spenser to try to understand Islam, and I just shook my head. As far as I'm concerned, sites like this, those who believe them, and Muslim terrorists are simply two sides of the same coin, formenting hate and division.

That's not to say that there are no bad MENA men and naive western women (and vice versa)who find each other and , there are plenty. But, choices have consequences; stupid people won't accept that, but the smart ones already know it to be true.

there is two sides to a story...and three sides to a penny. Love struck blind all sides from sight

simply put, as said b4. in america etc.. religion is a belief.. many other places it is A WAY OF LIFE..

If your man is saying no problem to who you are and what you believe....then he is bsing you, if he is from a strong family culture and says its ok your 45 yo and im 25 look at Khadija.. blah blah.. no need for children.. ill love adopt accept yours and your exes.. HA wow yah really believing this...Hello fergie spell it out D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L

I can marry christian. no problem..bcoz face it he knows once your wife you have littlee choice.(again not a bcoz all cultures have jackasses, its that all cultures have DIFFERING social standards and Practices ie norms)

MY WISH is that woman was of Islamic of mind b4 getting tangled in marriage , ISLAM means submission. bcoz in the end,, you know your submission and faith lies in GOD ALLAH.

Im Muslim b4 marriage.. and even i know that there is much truth to this article....Islamic culture is what it is, marriage is Islam. think it good think it bad. who cares

Lady:

Go Learn English to start..What a waste!!!!!

post-28095-1254692338_thumb.jpg

Date I-129F Sent : 2006-09-28

Date I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-27

Interview Date (K1 Visa): 2006-12-12

Date K1 Visa Received :2006-12-18

Date of US Entry : 2006-12-23

Date of Wedding : 2007-01-21

Comments : For Casa, packet 3 and 4 come together, with an interview date already scheduled.

AOS Filing date : 2007-02-02

NOA date for I-485 : 2007-02-07

I-485 RFE Dates : 2007-02-16

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date: 2007-02-28

AOS Comments: Strange - we received RFE, then a few days later got email that the response had been received and the case was resumed even though we haven't sent anything yet.

I-485 Sent to CSC 2007-03-12

RFE for Medical Examination mailed 05-31-2007

medical examination sent 06-27-2007

Case resumed on 07-13-2007

email "card production ordered" 07-18-2007

email “notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident” 07-19-2007

email “approval notice sent” and welcome letter received 07-23-2007

Green card received 07-26-2007

EAD Filed Date: 2007-02-02

EAD NOA Date : 2007-02-07

EAD Biometrics Appointment Date : 2007-02-28

EAD received 04-16-07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
What do you say to me? I'm Muslim, from a Palestinian family, raised in the ME, and I'm 21 years older than my Moroccan husband. We take Islam as a way of life, and he takes my children as his.

Websites like Jihadwatch are meant to forment hatred between Muslims and non-Muslims. They have nothing positve to say about Muslims and Islam. Sadly, may Americans DO take their knowledge from sites like this. I was listening to a local radio talk show the other day where, in light of the Zazi arrest in Denver, they were asking Muslims to call in and explain why "Muslims don't speak out loudly against terrorism" (that tired canard). One of the hosts said he read Robert Spenser to try to understand Islam, and I just shook my head. As far as I'm concerned, sites like this, those who believe them, and Muslim terrorists are simply two sides of the same coin, formenting hate and division.

That's not to say that there are no bad MENA men and naive western women (and vice versa)who find each other and , there are plenty. But, choices have consequences; stupid people won't accept that, but the smart ones already know it to be true.

Sofiyya,

Don't know what to say, except maybe..... :thumbs:

I love the voice of wisdom.

Peace

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sofiyya,

Don't know what to say, except maybe..... :thumbs:

I love the voice of wisdom.

Peace

venusfire

very sadly this is not the only web site that does this..........and if ur not muslim u have no idea about the garbage being spewed.........and its where the people that hate islam go to prove their point......when people ask me why dont we speak out i tell them we do but ur just not listening

Sofiyya,

sara

Edited by estadia

I know of lots of Muslim women are or were married to non-Muslim men. I was born Muslim and Arab and was married to a Christian man for close to 30 years. Frankly, most Muslim women who wouldn't marry a non-Muslim man wouldn't want one who would marry a non-Muslim woman.

Sofiyya,

I can see that - makes sense in a way. Just curious (you don't have to share if you don't want, of course) if you had to deal with attitude for marrying a Christian. I heard that's strongly discouraged for Muslim women (not the men, though).

One reason this interests me is that my sister married a "black" man, and got some attitude about it from "black" women, who were upset about her (we're "white") taking one of 'their' men.

I think it's sad that so many people have the "us" and "them" mentality. We're all just humans, regardless of all those things that seem to worry so many of us (race, religion, looks, background, culture, whatever). It always bothered me how it's handled, but even more so now that I'm in what many would label a "mixed marriage". All the things that some feel will be the downfall of our marriage (I'm European white, raised Christian; he's a Muslim Arab, and looks 'darker') have not in the least affected our relationship negatively. Like many, we've had our adjustment issues, but they've been due to a new country for him - new way of life, new 'rules'.

Peace to all.

I have never thought about converting and hubby doesnt really care. I do not practice organized religion and like Jenn, if I did convert it would be a lie. I don't agree with many parts of Islam (hijab, inheritance, etc) and I dont like the cultural do's and dont's of Islamic people in the Middle East. I dont believe that it is right to convert unless you are 110% faithful to the religion.

Hubby is Muslim, but that only goes so far. He is probably the worst example of one, but that is fine by me. We both believe in God, and have faith that we will leave earth one day and find eachother in heaven and thats all that matters.

I am Christian and my husband is Muslim. While we were courting Ahmed and I talked about ours faiths and Ahmed told me he didnt want me to convert. He fell in love with me as a Christian woman and if I converted it would take a part of me away. As for me, I dont fell the need to convert, we both worship the same God. We just a have different ways of doing it.

You don't believe that Jesus is God?

I'm not taking a swipe at you, Sofiyya. Really, I'm not. Your question just prompted a need to say something here.

Is Jesus God? Well, that sort of begs the question, "Are there 99 Gods?" yeah? If someone - particularly someones who refer to kindrid spirits as "brother" and "sister" - can wrap their heads around the idea that God has 99 personality characteristics or attributes or whatever you want to call them other than NAMES, they most certainly should be able to GET that one God can have multiple dimensions - specifically Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Sheesh. What's so hard about that? Maybe this is just my experience (and it likely is), but I've found the patience and tolerance comes from those who have converted, not so much from those that always were - and that goes both ways Muslim -> Christian, Christian -> Muslim.

Since they can't marry non-Muslim men, I imagine some would get really upset that the pool of possible husbands was being de-populated - what better way to put an end to it than to scare the ####### outta people.

As Sofiyya said, they can marry men who aren't Muslim, they just don't know it because they've been told differently.

Also, Muslim men can marry as many as four women so the eligible male population isn't shrinking at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.