kml_36

got SSC but.....

76 posts in this topic

FYI... I have not gone into the other threads seeking immigration info because SOME THINGS vary from embassy to embassy... I also look for what is happening with the processes IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD... and never have I EVER seen it stated as a rule that immigration issues are not allowed here. I thought that was what this entire Visa Journey web site was for???

I would seriously hate to see this discouraged!!!

I am not discouraging anything, and I never stated it is a rule. I am just pointing out exactly why Kezzie is stating. Sarah stated

I have found that if I post an immigration question in another place then none of the ME NA people see it
My response is why do MENA people need to see this. In this case her example does not apply. KML is past the embassy stage. This has nothing to do with having his interview at Casa.

I do not care where anyone posts, however it was again the *police* statement that got my back arched.

Honestly, don't you people have enough in your life already to piss you off and worry about then WHERE someone posts on a forum?

Sorry but this is all nonsense and has "my back arched"... this forum has a search feature you know. Gad.

Yep... no one is discouraging anything but you two... why not just let people post where they want? I reiterate there is a wee little search function on this forum if someone needs info... I know... I've used it.

All these politics, I tell ya...

ok well I will respond to your post BEFORE the edit.

Well, I for one found the info valuable... 'twas something I hadn't put in my empty little yet because I'm not "there" yet... BUT it sure was nice info to happen upon and store for later use.

Honestly, don't you people have enough in your life already to piss you off and worry about then WHERE someone posts on a forum?

Sorry but this is all nonsense and has "my back arched"... this forum has a search feature you know. Gad.

It does not piss me off where anyone posts. Likewise and thankfully *those in the know* DO use the Active Topics search feature to add to the answers provided in all corners of VJ. People should be happy about that if this is their comfort zone and not bash "outsiders" from responding.

And as for the search feature, obviously it is waaay under utilized as this topic is discussed over and over again, however, if you use the search feature in THIS forum as you stated, therein lies the disconnect as the majority uses the other forum.

I am bothered because a suggestion was made by someone you don't care for so slap 'em with the police statement. It makes me sad that for some reason, I feel like the ONLY person who frequents this sub-forum who feels there aren't any outsiders.

Edited by lal_brandow

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am bothered because a suggestion was made by someone you don't care for so slap 'em with the police statement. It makes me sad that for some reason, I feel like the ONLY person who frequents this sub-forum who feels there aren't any outsiders.

You are not the only person Laura, I am there with you. I don't consider anyone outsiders and I appreciate that people take the time to read the messages in our little corner of VJ. While I am disappointed in the occasional trolls that stroll through I am also disappointed in how "outsiders" suggestions always seem to be read in a negative way where as if one of the "insiders" posted the same thing, it would most likely be received more positively.

So many in this forum blame the "outsiders" for the discord but I think the hypervigilant reactions here are also to blame.

Rebecca

Filed: Timeline

please don't start the same topic twice ... you're likely to receive a more concise answer in one thread.

It's a member of the ME/NA police again I see. Do you see any members here complaining about KML's post? We're happy to hear from him!

Congrats KML, by the way, how is your adjustment going?

Okay... case in point.. where did I ever say "outsider" in posts here? I did not. I just cannot comprehend why someone would post anything in a regional forum stating immigration information isn't to be shared there. I used the term because I don't care to trapse through the entire VJ forum and only read in the ME/NA. My intention wasn't as taken...

Sooooo... for all those I inadvertently offended... I apologize.

My frustrations are getting the best of me.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You tell'em officer Gimygirl. I use the Active Topics feature too and it makes no sense to me to post the same question all over the place.

Why not? makes sense to me. More ppl will get to read it and respond. What is the big deal???????? Geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz louiseeeee

No big deal, just if people would use the Active Topics feature they would see everything that has recently been posted in every thread, so then a person only needs to post the question once and everyone would see it.

I disagree. People do use the 'active topics' feature. what is so bad with posting in different forums to get a better response? The way I see it, by posting in several forims allows more people to read and reply.

Ok ok, back to the topic at hand....now what was it? Oh oh the got the SSC but...

I hope you got your question answered kml! :D

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

i wouldn't apologize jean. If KML wanted to post his topic in here so be it. He also stated why he posted twice. I didn't see the need for him to explain also. As he said it's nobody's business if he posted twice. I don't see anything in terms of service where it says anything about posting twice. But obviously it bothered someone who came to post that in this thread. I don't mind that people "outsiders" come in here to offer advice be it good or bad. But it did bug me when someone came in to rag on how he posted twice now that's a bunch of BS.

please don't start the same topic twice ... you're likely to receive a more concise answer in one thread.

It's a member of the ME/NA police again I see. Do you see any members here complaining about KML's post? We're happy to hear from him!

Congrats KML, by the way, how is your adjustment going?

Okay... case in point.. where did I ever say "outsider" in posts here? I did not. I just cannot comprehend why someone would post anything in a regional forum stating immigration information isn't to be shared there. I used the term because I don't care to trapse through the entire VJ forum and only read in the ME/NA. My intention wasn't as taken...

Sooooo... for all those I inadvertently offended... I apologize.

My frustrations are getting the best of me.

"members here"? we are ALL members.

Jean you're right, Regional can be used, I should have worded it better. For example: you stated yourself when I discussed contacts for dreaded AR/AP to post for the benefit of others who may go through the same circumstance (Shon's thread)... however you would have seen, its in the Administrative Processing forum, among other places. see what I mean? Regional only, you get a tiny portion.

As for the term "outsiders", .... we know that the overall feeling is there is "us" and "them" and oh and don't forget specifically "those in off topic". Its been thrown around quite a bit.

I am sorry this is upsetting you. I am certainly not here to fight, just trying to clarify.

i wouldn't apologize jean. If KML wanted to post his topic in here so be it. He also stated why he posted twice. I didn't see the need for him to explain also. As he said it's nobody's business if he posted twice. I don't see anything in terms of service where it says anything about posting twice. But obviously it bothered someone who came to post that in this thread. I don't mind that people "outsiders" come in here to offer advice be it good or bad. But it did bug me when someone came in to rag on how he posted twice now that's a bunch of BS.

please do point out where i 'ragged' on him. it was advice and it was correctly dispensed without malintent.

now, it was the ME girls who once again pipped up with their ignorance, prejudice and prosecution complex to derail the thread. you are all so quick to think: oh they descend on us like a pack of wolves ... but that's just not the case ... evidenced by his other thread in which he received the correct answer. nothing but drama was given to him here by you lot! :thumbs:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

KML, I did respond under your first posting. You can have that statement removed from your card after you get your green card. My husband and I finally had the time (since February) to go this past Monday afternoon to have it removed and he received his new card in today's mail. Wow they were faster than they said.

Also, I know I'm repeating myself, my husband came through JFK and received the 90 days temporary EAD but we still applied for his EAD with our AOS paperwork and he received it three weeks before his green card. If you did not get the temporary EAD you cannot work until you have your EAD approval. If you have the temporary 90 days EAD you can work but most stop when that expires. Once you file for your EAD, if you do not have it after 90 days, you can make an info pass and they will process one for you.

If you have any questions, I'm sure my husband could help you.

Best wishes. Sorry for posting twice but wasn't sure if you were reading both.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Timeline

this is what i called ragged on. Why even tell him not to post twice.Who are you to tell anyone what to do even if you said please. If people want to post the same information in a different forum because they think they can receive better answers what does that have to do with how you feel?

this is what i called ragged on. Why even tell him not to post twice.Who are you to tell anyone what to do even if you said please. If people want to post the same information in a different forum because they think they can receive better answers what does that have to do with how you feel?

since you ladies rarely venture out of your self imposed corner ... there have been problems in the past when this issue has come up. i am NOT the only who has recommended such a thing either. it is such a shame that you couldn't see this as a helpful piece of advice but instead let it fester inside you until you spew your negativity.

So_Much_For_by_pickletoez.jpg

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

Timeline
some of you ladies in the sacred 'ME/NA Off Limits to Everyone Else' Forum really need to get your meds reevaluated! :thumbs:

i've given this very answer numerous times as it is the proper answer. i browse VJ using the active topics link ... therefore, i don't really care what forum the thread is in.

loosen up, lose the chip on the shoulder and try to be a bit more positive once in a while!! :thumbs:

I am not letting anything fester or spewing negativity. I wanted to know why it mattered to you. I think your statement about the ladies needing their medications reevaluted was negative. What medications are you talking about? Are you suggesting some people here take medications and if so what for exactly? I find that statement unsettling.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

since you ladies rarely venture out of your self imposed corner ... there have been problems in the past when this issue has come up. i am NOT the only who has recommended such a thing either. it is such a shame that you couldn't see this as a helpful piece of advice but instead let it fester inside you until you spew your negativity.

So_Much_For_by_pickletoez.jpg

Why do you even come into this forum? Do you honestly feel like you are helping someone with your posts here? Since the only things you have to say are insults to the people in this forum I think you should not come here and post. I can see that you think you are responsible for telling everyone what to do, but no one here wants anything to do that with from you so you can go now.

You are not the only person Laura, I am there with you. I don't consider anyone outsiders and I appreciate that people take the time to read the messages in our little corner of VJ. While I am disappointed in the occasional trolls that stroll through I am also disappointed in how "outsiders" suggestions always seem to be read in a negative way where as if one of the "insiders" posted the same thing, it would most likely be received more positively.

So many in this forum blame the "outsiders" for the discord but I think the hypervigilant reactions here are also to blame.

Rebecca

I have no problem with "outsiders" and I really do appreciate their input into immigration questions posted in this forum. What annoys me is when someone comes from time to time when they are bored to boss everyone around and tell us we are "isolated" and that we should not post immigration questions in two places. Who cares? I mean honestly what is the point of coming into this forum to say that? I see none.

I can see that you think you are responsible for telling everyone what to do, but no one here wants anything to do that with from you so you can go now.

[...]

I have no problem with "outsiders" and I really do appreciate their input into immigration questions posted in this forum. What annoys me is when someone comes from time to time when they are bored to boss everyone around and tell us we are "isolated" and that we should not post immigration questions in two places. Who cares? I mean honestly what is the point of coming into this forum to say that? I see none.

since you did not read my full post, because you ladies would just rather paint me out to be the bad girl here ... i've already stated that i do not look to which forum i am posting in because it matters NOT to me. that issue lays on your doorstep thus validating the issues you have with outsiders.

as for me 'going now', i wouldn't hold your breath because i am a member of this fourm, including all of its sub-forums. do not vilify or put down someone without expecting to get it back!

i wish you all well for a speedy process and maybe you can learn to let things go! :thumbs:

~Winston Churchill~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.