26 posts in this topic

"and i am actually proud to be a german citizen and enjoy a little bit to be different"

Why are you in the United States?

Being proud of where you come from does not mean that you are in the states for the wrong reason. Just because someone is proud of where they came from means nothing and you are trying to be rude and indecent for no reason whatsoever. This is a celebration thread. My husband is proud to be Australian and I am proud that he is Australian and just because he resides in America with me does not make him less proud to be Australian.

Thank you Rings , i think the same way , and i am here because of my Husband i love him and i wanna be with him and that was the only way for us to be together his Job made it impossible for him to move to Germany so i gave everything up on my part to be with him , i don't think that is the wrong reason and i haven't regret my decision , not that i have to explain myself but maybe it helps others not to ask stupid questions about my opinion again , still this person who asked a Question like that should check very carefully why she is here in the US , that question says everything i would think .

Celebrate and enjoy! You have a long life ahead of you! You are German and be proud of being German and don't forget your home because that matters too. Your love will last long if you both can accept each other and where each other have come from. I honor Australia for my man and I love the country and he had to come here to be with me because I have kids here, but that does not mean he leaves who he is. He is still Australian and proud to be. Aussie Aussie Aussie oi Oi Oi! You should also be proud to be German and remember where you come from and who you are. We do not have to all be Americans to love an American. We love.. it's ok to love. And love is worth changing your life for *hugs*

Exactly , i still love my country no matter where i live and i will always go back to see my family and friends , and my husband has been in germany a few times , he knows where i come from and he really like germany too especially the cars , does that make him less of an American ? or is it required to be with my husband that i have to become American citizen ? well i will not think about that any further i will just Enjoy the good news and celebrate with my husband , no matter what other people say or think i won't let them ruin my night , Hugs back to Rings and best wishes for you and your Australien Husband ;)

"Happiness only lives for those who cry, those who was hurt, those who have searched, those who loved and those who have tried..."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

That's how to party girl! i got me a glass of wine and I am making a cheers to you right now! YAY WOOOOOOOOOT for success! You stay German and be proud and smile today because it is a good day!

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

That's how to party girl! i got me a glass of wine and I am making a cheers to you right now! YAY WOOOOOOOOOT for success! You stay German and be proud and smile today because it is a good day!

Let me know when you get approved and i will cheer for you too yippeeeeee , let's get me another glas of wine :dance: and thanks again for your support you are such a sweetheart gosh i just hope you and hubby have it nice and easy , well lets see i keep my fingers crossed , you have everything ready for the 28. oct ?

"Happiness only lives for those who cry, those who was hurt, those who have searched, those who loved and those who have tried..."

Timeline

Oct 28th I file YAY! I hope I have such good luck as you have had. I will party hard. Let's break out the wine and celebrate you today! You worked hard for this and you deserve this and I am so proud of you!!!!

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Oct 28th I file YAY! I hope I have such good luck as you have had. I will party hard. Let's break out the wine and celebrate you today! You worked hard for this and you deserve this and I am so proud of you!!!!

I will check back from time to time to see how your case is going ... but now cheers to me and my hubby lol

Timeline

YAY for you! let us party and celebrate what you have acomplished! I am so glad for you! GRATS! You are in a great place today! no more USCIS for ten years WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!! I drink to you my dear!

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Congratulations on your approval! Enjoy! :thumbs: :thumbs:

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations

I can relate of being a proud german , I am german lived in canada for almost 20 years before moving to the states

yes many asked me why dont you become a canadien ,

my answer was always mom made me german she passed so thats who i stay ,

I am proud of who i am thanks to my mom ,

doesnt mather where you live the pride is in your blood not where you set your foot on

so doesnt mather where you live its just a country like any other its how you feel deep inside

and once someone finds theyr true soulmate and is willing to leave everything they had behind to begin a lifelong happyness in another country, the country shouldnt be the subject of your happyness

its your relationship and the way you present your self thats what makes anyone happy no mather if they live in a villa or a doghouse , a poor country or a rich . so anyone that is proud of where they come from dont change cause you live in another country ,a country can not change on how you feel deep inside ,

we came here to have a happy life with the love we found not to say yes i came cose I wanted to be a proud americain .

I Love my Husband forever and will always stay german ( even if i concider becomming a US citizen in the FARRRRRRR future I will keep my german citizenship too

again congrats

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

After getting my Approval Letter in the mail from VSC on the 11. sept. 09 i recieved the E Mail today the 23.sept. 09 " CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED " should be in the mail in the next 30 days , i think we made it :dance::thumbs: no more USCIS for the next 10 years :yes: , i wish everybody else good luck and hopefully a fast approval for those who still waiting , i know VSC is getting really weird lately with sending approval letters out and then let the people wait for the GC for a long time , but i hope my message here helps a little bit for the people in this situation .

Wow, it was a long journey for your I-751. :wacko: Now that you have the approval, you deserve a big CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well-deserved!

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Other Timeline

Good People,

I would like to give my 2 cents to this, if I may.

Becoming a citizen of a country must be among the most important decisions one can make, even more so if it involves giving up one's original citizenship (as it is required with many countries). As such, it is a very personal decision, based upon many factors and requires careful and thorough consideration.

I always maintained that "home is where the heart is" and often I read or hear about people traveling "home." Clearly, if somebody lives in the US for many, many years, and talks about traveling "home," referring to another country than the US, they are not ready to give up their original citizenship in order to become US citizens. For somebody like that, living as a permanent resident of the US in the US is probably the best and absolutely viable solution. More power to them!

Although it contains prima facie some mild form of stereotyping, here in SoCal are many residents of Mexican descent, who refer to themselves as Mexicans (not Mexican-Americans). Many of them own homes and businesses, yet their heart remains "home," in Mexico. They travel back to Mexico when time and funds allow, listen to Mexican music, live among Mexicans, send money to Mexico, and embrace the Mexican culture to the fullest. The reason why they live in the US, is quite often purely financial. Mexico is a poor country with a high rate of unemployment. If it was otherwise, they would immediately go back to Mexico, the same way that now quite a few residents of China and India go back to their "home" countries, as the economy of these countries now starts to pick up considerable steam.

I was born to a Swedish father and a German mother. I visited 32 countries (my wife just made me count them), lived in 8 of them (including very briefly in India during a phase of self-discovery). I speak 6 languages to varying degrees, and have seen much of the World.

I made a good living in Europe, but hated the weather and never liked the confined lifestyle very much. After years of going back and forth with a B1/B2, I "moved" to the US, got out of status for many years, and, despite having had a SSN, driver's license, and paying taxes since 1986, went through the hell of an "illegal," so I know that side as well.

I put up with all that ####### for a single reason: I love, absolutely love this country. I was just born in the wrong place. I haven't seen Europe since January 1994, and although I have a brother and now married daughter living there, am allowed to travel and can afford it, I feel no desire to travel there anytime soon. Why would I want to, as I live exactly in the very place where I feel "home."

But even I will try to take advantage of an opportunity that is now available to German citizens: dual citizenship. It's not easy to get as one has to prove why they want to keep their German citizenship and also NEED to become a US citizen. Before you comment let me tell you that the Germans only accept reasons that are totally unrealistic, so the application has to be drafted very carefully.

That said, the $1,000 that this dual citizenship cost (Euro 300 plus N-400 combined) is in my humble opinion money well spent. Nobody, absolutely nobody knows what's going to happen in 10, 20, 30 years. There could be war, disaster, social devastation . . . nobody knows. Given the opportunity of dual citizenship, it's nice to know that one has an option should, God forbid, the unthinkable happen.

But, again, it's personal, and there are many reasons why somebody would not want to become a USC, among them reasons many of you don't know (i.e., you can't own property in India, or Mexico, if you are not a citizen of that country).

For the rest of us, becoming a USC must be among the most exciting things we experience in life, and the final step of a long and hard journey. It's the ultimate reward for all of the suffering inflicted by an immigration system that is in dire need of reform.

Edited by Just Bob

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

I just wanna Thank everybody for the congrats and kind words , and to you Just_Bob you are absolutly right it is everybody's very personal decision, and you need to know deep inside you, if this is really what you want, i know for my self i am not ready for this , i had a very hard time at the beginning to adjust, and if it wasn't for my husband i would be back in germany a long time ago , i have seen many country's all over the world and i can say that Dubai was one of my Favourite places , but it is always a big difference if you live in a foreigne country or just visit and every country has his good and bad sites , but enough of all that i am happy i have been approved , And i wish everybody else good luck and a fast approval too .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.