Calypso

Please Shed Light

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

The NVC still claims that they don't have our case from the USCIS until today. This Friday, September 25, is the 30th day from the date of our NOA2.

Is it possible that our case has already been transferred to the Consulate even without any records in the NVC?

Would it be wise to call the U.S. Embassy in my country to check if our papers are already with them? Does the U.S. Embassy require the NVC case number or I can just use the CIS receipt number and info such as names and birthdates?

How about calling the DOS hotline 2026631225?

I shall appreciate your responses to my query.

FAE :luv:

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

mAYbe you can try the DOS hotline, otherwise try contacting USCIS. If your file has left NVC they will actually tell you when it was sent.

Our file was sent to the embassy about a few days it was recieved by NVC when i called it had been three days since they sent it off so they would be able to tell you if has alreay forwarded to the embassy.

when did you get your NOA2? sometimes NVC receives, meaning opened your package, a few days after they got it from USCIS. But if it has already been 30 days post NOA2, then I think you should be concerned already as that is an awfully long time already.. OUr NOA2 was july 27, on the 28th NVC received our case and was sent off to the embassy on the 31st of July; but the embassy received it on august 6

btw, NVC will give you a case number that starts with MNL(manila) and that is a very important number, to schedule yoru interview and even during the medical exam... NVC will have a record that they can look even after they send it out

Edited by Michey and Odessa

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Hi Arbind.Ariadne.

Just wondering...when you called the NVC at (603) 334-0700, which number did you press?

When I asked my husband to call them I told him to press 1 for Immigrant Visas. Turns out, I asked him to press the wrong number! There is a different corresponding number for K visas...I think it is 2. Then you will be asked to enter your USCIS Receipt Number.

Anyhow when he pressed the correct number prompt, he was redirected to an agent (this was a week after we received the e-mail notice for our NOA2 approval) and he got our NVC Case Number that day.

Also, have you received any mail from the NVC? Rick received a letter from them (a week after the phone call) with our NVC Case Number on it.

Before you can even call the Department of State (DOS), I think you have to have the NVC Case Number on hand (not necessarily the letter from them) so you can check if your file has been processed into the US Embassy Manila system.

Hello everyone!

The NVC still claims that they don't have our case from the USCIS until today. This Friday, September 25, is the 30th day from the date of our NOA2.

Is it possible that our case has already been transferred to the Consulate even without any records in the NVC?

Would it be wise to call the U.S. Embassy in my country to check if our papers are already with them? Does the U.S. Embassy require the NVC case number or I can just use the CIS receipt number and info such as names and birthdates?

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Like in the posts that I have read in this site, I press 1, not 2, then 5 for the operator assistance whenever I call the NVC.

My fiance in Santa Monica hasn't received any letter yet from the NVC.

I think it's the U.S. Embassy hotline that gives the option 1 for immigrant visas and 2 for non-immigrant visas, not the NVC.

Anyway, thank you Kaye for dropping by. I am still positive that things will finally move fast for us.

:luv: FAE

Hi Arbind.Ariadne.

Just wondering...when you called the NVC at (603) 334-0700, which number did you press?

When I asked my husband to call them I told him to press 1 for Immigrant Visas. Turns out, I asked him to press the wrong number! There is a different corresponding number for K visas...I think it is 2. Then you will be asked to enter your USCIS Receipt Number.

Anyhow when he pressed the correct number prompt, he was redirected to an agent (this was a week after we received the e-mail notice for our NOA2 approval) and he got our NVC Case Number that day.

Also, have you received any mail from the NVC? Rick received a letter from them (a week after the phone call) with our NVC Case Number on it.

Before you can even call the Department of State (DOS), I think you have to have the NVC Case Number on hand (not necessarily the letter from them) so you can check if your file has been processed into the US Embassy Manila system.

Hello everyone!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Odessa.

I hope things get easier day by day and the wait will soon be over.

mAYbe you can try the DOS hotline, otherwise try contacting USCIS. If your file has left NVC they will actually tell you when it was sent.

Our file was sent to the embassy about a few days it was recieved by NVC when i called it had been three days since they sent it off so they would be able to tell you if has alreay forwarded to the embassy.

when did you get your NOA2? sometimes NVC receives, meaning opened your package, a few days after they got it from USCIS. But if it has already been 30 days post NOA2, then I think you should be concerned already as that is an awfully long time already.. OUr NOA2 was july 27, on the 28th NVC received our case and was sent off to the embassy on the 31st of July; but the embassy received it on august 6

btw, NVC will give you a case number that starts with MNL(manila) and that is a very important number, to schedule yoru interview and even during the medical exam... NVC will have a record that they can look even after they send it out

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's been almost 1 month since your case was approved, the nvc should of received your case by now, there isn't much you can do, since you are here in the philippines, but your fiance in usa can do several things, he can contact his congressman or federal senator to assist him with this problem, they are usually good at handling this type of problems, the other thing your fiance can do, is call uscis and ask to speak with a level 2 immigration officer or supervisor and find out if and when the case was sent to the nvc, once he knows the date the case was sent to the nvc by uscis, he can then email the nvc explaining your situation to them and find out what is the delay, make sure to send copies of your noa2 and the date it was sent to the nvc, but remember only your fiance in the usa can do this. k1 visas are sent to the nvc in a short period of time, if almost 1 month after noa2, is time to take action. good luck to the both of us, cause we both have similar situation.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-18

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2010-01-14

NOA Date : 2010-01-21

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2010-01-14

NOA Date : 2010-01-21

Thank you very much, Joe. God bless us all.

It's been almost 1 month since your case was approved, the nvc should of received your case by now, there isn't much you can do, since you are here in the philippines, but your fiance in usa can do several things, he can contact his congressman or federal senator to assist him with this problem, they are usually good at handling this type of problems, the other thing your fiance can do, is call uscis and ask to speak with a level 2 immigration officer or supervisor and find out if and when the case was sent to the nvc, once he knows the date the case was sent to the nvc by uscis, he can then email the nvc explaining your situation to them and find out what is the delay, make sure to send copies of your noa2 and the date it was sent to the nvc, but remember only your fiance in the usa can do this. k1 visas are sent to the nvc in a short period of time, if almost 1 month after noa2, is time to take action. good luck to the both of us, cause we both have similar situation.
17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.