Anh map

Another HCMC black eye

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Maybe your road will be less bumpy now that you have had some hurdles. It just must me Anh's time for the hurdles.

California... no way. Not a chance. That state is a disaster area. High taxes, 12% unemployment and rising. Deficit the size of the moon. No thanks. :)

Anh has some extended family in TX. Some in Houston, some in Dallas. She's been there and is not too keen on the areas. Too "countryside" for her. Too hot. She likes NYC and Boston, two of the most expensive cities to live in. :wacko: I'll never move to Boston because of their highly restrictive gun laws. It's bad enough here in NYC. My firearms are in a safe in North Carolina. Not much good there, in a safe, if I need them. Oh well. At least we live in a very safe area.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt,

Yes, very true about Houston being "countryside" ... Anyone who is true Saigonese would say the same thing. Only New York can come close to the bustling and vibrant scence of Saigon. I love the fast pace of both cities. Unfortunately, when my family came over in the late 80s, I was only a teenager so I had no choice of where to live but to follow my parent's decision. Like many Viet, they wanted to saty in Orange County but chose HTown instead since the majority of our family is here.

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

At 1st my Fiancee wanted to live in Chicago, lots of VN there and her uncle lives there. But I said hell no! I would never live in a big city. I enjoy visiting but I would never want to raise children there. too many things to worry about. I like were I live now. In 2004 i think or 2003 not sure my city was the safest metropolitan in the country. now i think we are ranked like 5th or something. but still that's not bad. hell I don't even lock my car half the time. that's just how it is here. Her city is small and well her family now is like that of my grandfathers family when he was my age. big and many of them were farmers. now many of the farms are gone. summers here will be great though. much time is spent outside with family. but the only thing is winter. not all that much to do, at least outside. sure there is ice fishing. but i can imagen her now, covered in clothes, hat, jacket, snow pants, boots and looking like a little ball walking on the ice... haha it will be fun.

I gotta say I do enjoy talking about this stuff, even if no1 reads, its healthy!

LOVESIG3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.