Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yesterday's replies:

Yep! I think so too Quana! Cause I can't believe that that yam was not dug out of somebody's yard in the Bay Area somewhere. I highly doubt it came all the way from JA. But true, we want it & we'll pay....but not very often. :no:

The yellow Yam, Yucca ( casava) and Malonga Coco ( Dasheen) I buy is from Columbia I wonder where yours were imported from.

Thanks for the other names! I'm going to search some stores for those now & hopefully find a MUCH better price! :thumbs:

today is my 2 month annivesary!!!! LOL

Happy Anniversary! My 2 month was the day after yours (yesterday)! :dance:

Hey everyone....I know I been M.I.A. fa awhile....just was a little stressed.....but I just wanted my Yardies to know that I got an email yesterday saying that I was APPROVED....thank you guys so much for ur prayers....will try to catch up another day :whistle: well I gotta go!!!

Congrats Hayms! Glad that RFE madness is over with!

Morning, Ladies!

For the first time in WEEKS, I got 8 hours of sleep last night. It feels wonderful. I must do it again sometime. :)

Also, we booked a flight for Steven to go visit some friends in Florida. I now can relate to those feelings Jawi mentioned having when her husband went on a trip by himself for the first time.

I love 8 hours of sleep! It's so rare it's definitely to be cherished! Hubby hasn't even left me yet & already I know how you both feel! I'm so accustomed to him being around now. At some point I suppose I should go do things on my own so we can each have our own personal time but I don't feel like it yet. I don't really think he does either.

I just found out my uncle passed away in Jamaica, he has being sick for a couple of years not in pain or anything but his health was steadily deteriorating,

We weren't planning on going to JA until our wedding, but they took me in when I was 6 and never treated me like an outsider or anything. So I am could not even think of not going to pay my final respect

So sorry for your loss Portland! (F)(L)

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
stick-figures-humor-10.jpg:rofl:

This is hilarious :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Timeline
Ells i don't know if the Japanese videos are out there the ones my cousin showed us were from dances in Jamaica and he's editing them...he has also gone to a few dances in Germany and Japan and he says he jus be on the floor in tears...he loves the vibes though...

Oh okay, no such thing on youtube yet! I bet those were hilarious! The few I saw on youtube were great. I have to say, Japanese REALLY appreciate black culture (please don't take offense to that anyone...it's a general catch-all)! In my West African studies, my drum teacher has some of his most ardent followers in Japan. They pay for him to come there & teach workshops every year. They also always get a huge group to come every year to Senegal for his month-long learning trip. Now it seems they are also fully embracing the Jamaican dancehall culture & doing pretty good (with the exception of the lack-o'-a$$... :lol: ) at it. They really mimic the cultures well in those aspects. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery for sure in this case.

Bye Kuntri! Have a good weekend! :thumbs:

Is this good for the stomach? Maybe I need to go buy a hula hoop and do it at home. Has anyone seen the flirty girl commercials? I was thinking of getting them DVD‘s I really need something for this stomach… It’s bothering me. The wide hips and butt I can deal with but the pums blocker has got to go!!! I know better than to order the dance pole for a dollar. Whoo I can see my neighbors now looking at me if I go that thang like :blink: Damn what happened to her ceilings??

:rofl::rofl: DaDa you are too much!

is this what i have to look forward to? mi nuh wan be broke!!

Reason #8622365...

what is so wrong with a minivan?

if its stylish nothing, but most look like lil buses.. mi cyaan manage ie.. dats me tho :whistle:

My aunt & uncle in Atlanta have 7 children... and a 12 passenger van/bus.

:rofl::rofl: @ your list of reasons & the ever-growing number! :blink: @ your relatives with the passenger bus! Dang that's a huge family!

Timeline

Trying to decide IF we're going to dress up for this Halloween party in a couple weekends. I have no idea what to be (disgruntled, poor, furloughed state employee maybe??) & would love to do something cute but all those cute costumes are way too revealing for my self-conscious self. Anyone have any good costume ideas that provide full coverage??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Trying to decide IF we're going to dress up for this Halloween party in a couple weekends. I have no idea what to be (disgruntled, poor, furloughed state employee maybe??) & would love to do something cute but all those cute costumes are way too revealing for my self-conscious self. Anyone have any good costume ideas that provide full coverage??

last year hubby and i dressed up like bonnie and clyde...an updated version. it was easy to put together a gangter outfit...and all we really had to buy was some toy ak-47's

Timeline
JQ, you didn't know what they were? Sorry, I thought you were questioning why the mad oooman has them in her house -

LOL Steven got them last time we went to the grocery store. I didn't even know what it was when I put it in the pot. :huh:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
JQ, you didn't know what they were? Sorry, I thought you were questioning why the mad oooman has them in her house -

LOL Steven got them last time we went to the grocery store. I didn't even know what it was when I put it in the pot. :huh:

Did you put in seeds and all? Have you tasted your soup yet?

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Yeah, I put the seeds in, too. He told me RIGHT afterward what it was. I'm glad he did, cause I would typically add chili powder, cayenne pepper, & red pepper flakes. I left those out (and good thing!) since the scotch bonnet was so hot. The soup is good.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Yeah, I put the seeds in, too. He told me RIGHT afterward what it was. I'm glad he did, cause I would typically add chili powder, cayenne pepper, & red pepper flakes. I left those out (and good thing!) since the scotch bonnet was so hot. The soup is good.

:thumbs: Good thing you like it spicy. :)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Happy 2 months Ells!

See you guys later!

Timeline
have a safe weekend ladies

sus; likkle more

dillon I'm going home to make your manish watah

Tre I love you to death but I am not ever coming to your house for dinner! :no:

how about a nun?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

boobies.gif

t8301.gifTOO MUCH!t1520.gif

Last night my husband said we have been together for years and now it time for me to breed.

Lol He attacked me like a ninja :ph34r: as soon as I got out of the shower. :protest:

What do yall think????????????

Edited by Jamerican Queen

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline
boobies.gif

t8301.gifTOO MUCH!t1520.gif

Last night my husband said we have been together for years and now it time for me to breed.

Lol He attacked me like a ninja :ph34r: as soon as I got out of the shower. :protest:

What do yall think????????????

Breed breed breed....lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.