Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
and there is no excuse for cheating or for blaming the husbands - if the wife isn't happy then she needs to get the hell outta the marriage before she cheats -

m1234.gif

The "it's the husband's fault" comment got me...

I have seen marriages where the husband DID ALL HE COULD to make the woman happy and it just noh work...

I hope they can repair their marriage finesse, a year of cheating is a long time. :(

thanks...after talking with her at length about it we finally had to make light of it and joke with her and say that she has ruined it for all of us.....now none of us can go to jamaica w/out our husbands

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The last thing that I view a Jamaican as would be a play toy. But I agree with you on one thing there is no need to keep replying to you because you will never get it. You have never walked a mile in my shoes to tell me how I feel so stay in your OWN skin and get out of mine.

Timeline
The last thing that I view a Jamaican as would be a play toy. But I agree with you on one thing there is no need to keep replying to you because you will never get it. You have never walked a mile in my shoes to tell me how I feel so stay in your OWN skin and get out of mine.

I would not want to walk a mile in your shoes, I am quite comfortable in my own - But from your many posts, you seem to be the one who wants to be in mine ,,,,, - and yet again, you missed the whole point - Somehow, not a surprise -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
i sort of understand his feelings but still don't really think they feel any way towards him about it.

i guess because my aunt and uncle have been in a relationship for so long and everyone has kind of admired their relationship. they are very cool people and always are doing things together and seem so happy. so now not only is her marraige compromised but she is losing a great friend too..

she was supposed to go next month with a few friends of hers and they have all cancelled their trip..

Ahh that is true.. That is along time to be married and so uncommon in my neck of the woods lately. I see your point my husbands aunt and uncle have bene married I think 25 years and they always look so happy. Because of them I had faith in marriage but now lately I don't know. Its like the bad is overpowering the good.

Not always...on Sunday my parents will be married for 40 years.

My parents have been married 46 years.

Mine too JG, well 47...August just went by.

that is so awesome........i hope to be one of those old married women still picking at my husbands ingrown hair bumps....

Timeline
Once the yardie has their Green Card can they travel to Canada?

What if they are here on a Visitor's Visa? Can they travel to Canada on that?

yes, with a Green card - no with a visitor's visa unless they have a visitor visa to Canada

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
LOL same with mine...I think my Mom even moved out for a month when I was in High School. And yes they are still talking...

Do we all have parents that did that? My Dad actually filed for divorce when I was about 12 - just had my mother served without any warning - we had a summer of HELL - went away to camp at the end of the summer, came back and everything was fine and dandy! They were married 42 years when my Dad passed away

wonder what went on when you were away at camp..... :whistle:

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

I would not want to walk a mile in your shoes, I am quite comfortable in my own - But from your many posts, you seem to be the one who wants to be in mine ,,,,, - and yet again, you missed the whole point - Somehow, not a surprise -

ding ding ding

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

where have you been all day Quana?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

ok, here goes...it is actually a bit sad and disappointing...

my aunt, who is in her 50's and has been married for almost 30 years, recently got caught having an affair on her husband. the man she has been having an affair with is a friend she has known for 20 years who is from and lives in jamaica.

my aunts connection to jamaica has absolutely nothing to do with me nor my husband. she has been visiting the island for 20+ years, she is a RN and volunteers at a clinic in Ochie 2-3 times a year, has many friends and connections there...even has friends with visitors visa come and visit her here.

long story short, she admitted to having this affair for the last year and her and her husband are now trying to work things out and has since cut all communication off with dude.

my husband has no connection to this man other than they are both jamaican (hubby actually met him through me) but he now feels like he doesn't want to go to my family's for the holidays because he feels as though they will look at him a way, especially my aunt's husband....soley based on the fact that he is jamaican

i sort of understand his feelings but still don't really think they feel any way towards him about it.

do you think hubby has a right to feel a way?

Wow, married for 30 years! Sad story.... those Jamaican men are hard to resist.....

I don't think hubby should feel that way. Why be guilty just by association, especially if he had NOTHING to do with the affair.

I agree with this, WOW this is really a shame I see where he is coming from but why segregate himself when he had nothing to do with this situation. She is responsible for her own actions and everyone should see the situation for what it is and not read more into it....

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
LOL same with mine...I think my Mom even moved out for a month when I was in High School. And yes they are still talking...

Do we all have parents that did that? My Dad actually filed for divorce when I was about 12 - just had my mother served without any warning - we had a summer of HELL - went away to camp at the end of the summer, came back and everything was fine and dandy! They were married 42 years when my Dad passed away

wonder what went on when you were away at camp..... :whistle:

LMAO - I always thought the same thing! But they weren't child free - my brother never went to camp!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

wow

be easy

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

hey ya'll..

i just been reading..yeah i was Guest #2 (no i don't really know which one i was)

im sleepy and tired, and just wish this week would be ova already..

i use to love to hear about marriages lasting so long.. now it kinda makes me sad :blush:

those of u who have divorced.. do u ever think u should have been like these couples and toughed it out?? :unsure: are we shallow for not sticking thru,praying thru, working thru the hard times like these couples w/ such lasting power??

im just thinking out loud.. i don't know what kind of legacy im leaving my children regarding marriage.. i know im too hard on myself, but any thoughts???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.