domegirl1978

What questions are asked at the interview, if you can remember....

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Can anyone tell me what kind of questions they were asked at the interview?

I know everyone's interview is different but it would be nice to have a "heads up" before I go.

Oh and also, how long was you total "interview" in the little closet space...haha....like 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20?

Thanks very much!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone!

Can anyone tell me what kind of questions they were asked at the interview?

I know everyone's interview is different but it would be nice to have a "heads up" before I go.

Oh and also, how long was you total "interview" in the little closet space...haha....like 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20?

Thanks very much!

Lets' see here... from the Embassy Reviews (these were posted by PopRocks & me)...

LINK

*Asked if I ever lived anywhere else except for Canada?

*Asked if I ever had any run ins with the law etc...?

*How did you meet?

*What has been your longest visit to the US?

*How is you ex-husband with the move?

*What do you do for a living?

*Do you take any prescription Meds?

*How did you get engaged and when?

*When is the wedding?

1- What my fiance' (beneficiary) did for a living.

2- What I do for a living (the USC).

3- Is he aware about the situation with his insurance (how his OHIP goes away when he moves to the USA.

4- What is he planning on doing for a kiving once he moves to the US and is eligible to work (after AoS, etc.).

5- When and how did we meet (for us it was online, so she followed up by asking when we met in person).

6- When and how did he propose.

7- She mentioned reading our paperwork and told US our planned wedding date, and confirmed that the date fits within the 6 months for him to enter the country and also within the timeframe of having to get married (the 90 day window).

8- After that, she basically said, well, knowing all of that, she was happy to tell us that we were approved!

Check out the Embassy Reviews. You'll get a lot of good info there!

Have fun!!! :thumbs:

Edited by July09Bride

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Pretty much the exact same for us:

1- What I did for a living.

2- What my USC fiance did for a living

3- Is he aware about the situation with his insurance (how his OHIP goes away when he moves to the USA and do I have health insurance when I move?

4- What am I planning on doing for a living once I move to the US and is eligible to work (after AoS, etc.).

5- When and how did we meet - she noticed that we had been dating a LONG time and mentioned that...

7- When am I moving?

8- When are getting married?

The interview was about 5-10 minutes... It was very quick. The people before us though were in there for like 20 minutes so I have no idea what they were talking about for so long....

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Thanks guys! Pretty standard stuff.

I'm actually prepared if I have to be in the room longer because I actually did used to live in the States and went to school there so I won't be surprised if they ask me about all that.

wow, you both got asked more questions then I did. It was only about 10 minutes long, and we talked more about Nova Scotia then we did anything else. Asked how we meet, looked at some pictures, when we were getting married, and I think that was it. I can't remember actually too much about it. It was pretty casual and quick. Good luck!

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We weren't really asked a lot. She had our original I-129F petition in front of her, and basically just read everything she wanted to know as we stood there! She asked if I would be going to school in the US (since I was still a student at the time), what my longest visit was to the US (after looking at my list of trips from the DS 230) and other than that she was just interested in when the wedding was going to be and who was going to come down and attend. I would be surprised if the entire interview was anymore than 5 minutes, pretty easy stuff!

Criminal offences

What we were doing for healthcare coverage

and if I planned on working...that's when fiance chimmed in and said he was excited to get me started on my 3 jobs...she laughed and said, 'after your EAD you can knock yourselves out'! lol

Not a whole lot at all....

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

-What I planned on doing for work.

-Whether I have been arrested.

-Ever was denied entry.

-How long we knew each other.

-where we met.

-what he did for a living.

-what I did for a living.

-how he and my son got along.

Oh and he asked me to swear on a bible... I don't believe in god but I did what he told me.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
-What I planned on doing for work.

-Whether I have been arrested.

-Ever was denied entry.

-How long we knew each other.

-where we met.

-what he did for a living.

-what I did for a living.

-how he and my son got along.

Oh and he asked me to swear on a bible... I don't believe in god but I did what he told me.

You should have asked for a Quaran :P

We were asked aboout where I worked, where we met, where we were going to live. I was asked about her job and where she worked. That was really about it. Mostly the interviewer was confirming details from out I-129 and G-325.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

3- Is he aware about the situation with his insurance (how his OHIP goes away when he moves to the USA and do I have health insurance when I move?

4- What am I planning on doing for a living once I move to the US and is eligible to work (after AoS, etc.).

5- When and how did we meet - she noticed that we had been dating a LONG time and mentioned that...

7- When am I moving?

The interview was about 5-10 minutes... It was very quick. The people before us though were in there for like 20 minutes so I have no idea what they were talking about for so long....

I did not know about his OHIP going away. If for any reason later on we decide to move to Canada does that get reinstated? He will be covered under my insurance starting in January, but this is still good info to know....

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

Timeline

Yea it can get reinstated but it comes with a 3 month wait. My friend is a dual and just moved back to Canada from here and she told me this.

Donne moi une poptart!

7- When am I moving?

I did not know about his OHIP going away. If for any reason later on we decide to move to Canada does that get reinstated? He will be covered under my insurance starting in January, but this is still good info to know....

You are no longer qualify for OHIP if you take up Perm Res outside of Canada, or are out of the Country for more than 6 months...it has to be reinstated...you go into a Health Canada office to do this... and yes, there's a grace period.

The thing that always gets me, is the grey period in between....when you leave Canada, but have not adjusted status yet, you really have no status, so technically one would assume coverage would still be available. Many of us get travel insurance to cover the gap until we get added on to our SO's benefits... but even this is not the most proper coverage, as technically we are not traveling...traveling would constitute the intent of returning to Canada....it's a very grey area...and i'm sure if someone became very ill or hospitalized, they would look very closely at this...I am always curious to see how they would underwrite in such a situation and if coverage would be denied...as far as I know, here on VJ, no one has ever experienced such a catastrophic event while on travel insurance....and hopefully no one ever has to find out. Technically, even without travel insurance and abroad (while in some countries) OHIP would provide some relief in trying to return you to Canada...the travel insurance is a suppliment....outside of this, I am not too clear on the legalities of it all....

ok, that's my two cents for tonight lol

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

7- When am I moving?

You are no longer qualify for OHIP if you take up Perm Res outside of Canada, or are out of the Country for more than 6 months...it has to be reinstated...you go into a Health Canada office to do this... and yes, there's a grace period.

The thing that always gets me, is the grey period in between....when you leave Canada, but have not adjusted status yet, you really have no status, so technically one would assume coverage would still be available. Many of us get travel insurance to cover the gap until we get added on to our SO's benefits... but even this is not the most proper coverage, as technically we are not traveling...traveling would constitute the intent of returning to Canada....it's a very grey area...and i'm sure if someone became very ill or hospitalized, they would look very closely at this...I am always curious to see how they would underwrite in such a situation and if coverage would be denied...as far as I know, here on VJ, no one has ever experienced such a catastrophic event while on travel insurance....and hopefully no one ever has to find out. Technically, even without travel insurance and abroad (while in some countries) OHIP would provide some relief in trying to return you to Canada...the travel insurance is a suppliment....outside of this, I am not too clear on the legalities of it all....

ok, that's my two cents for tonight lol

Thank you for the info! Just one more thing I never thought to check on.... My head is spinning again. I've been doing nothing but research on immigration for weeks now, even at work... I don't know how I'm comprehending anything at this point. And he is relying on me to simplize (is that even a word?) things for him since I used to be a legal secretary.... thanks honey!!! :blink:

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was asked about 2 questions:

1)have you ever been refused entry to the USA?

2)How we met.

The rest was chatter about how we both(interviewer and I) lived in Fiji. Also no proof was requested from us

Good luck

We were asked:

How did you meet?

When do you plan to get married?

What does my husband do for a living (he's the Canadian)?

What do I do for a living?

That was it. We didn't even get put in a little room, it was all done at a window with the other two couples who were there for K1 interviews listening. We had the shortest and easiest interview of all three! I'm certain it's because we were completely prepared...the other two couples didn't know about VJ and didn't have their paperwork ready. Ours was neurotically organized into a folder with everything labeled. The lady who took our paperwork told us how easy we made her job. :D

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.