*Maureen*

FRIDAY!!!

52 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Good Morning

I am going on day #3 of sickness.

High fever, chills, body ache, headache and coughing so hard my chest hurts :unsure:

So I came into work today cuz I have a project to work on and then I am going home. I hope by lunch.

I did not want to get out of bed this morning at all.

I am hurtin' :(

Sandrila that sounds like the flu. Shouldn't you stay home so no one else gets it? Do they test for the swine flu anymore or do they just suggest staying away? I'd be kicked out of the office if I were that sick but then again I work in a healthcare company. I hope you feel better soon but seriously I think you should go home and your boss should understand that you're sick.

I was thinking about that when I took the shuttle the other day. There was a woman who works on a different floor than me and I swear she had the flu. I was like why is she here???? In the school system we're not allowed to even have a sibling go to school if another child is sick. They have to stay home for 7 days since it's assumed they have it too.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but this is a good example of how this has become a pandemic illness.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Morning guys, hope you have a great Friday. We are going to a high school football game tonight. Wohoo, I always scream and yell at the top of my lungs and Farid just sits there and looks at me funny. He does not understand the game yet. :wacko:

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi MENA! Happy Friday & have a good start to the weekend!

Take care (F)

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning Mena! I am so glad this week is over, now if only I would start to feel better. My blood pressure is down a little but I still feel crappy enough not to go to work. I think hubby is mad about that. Oh well, I don't care. My fibrolymlgia is flairing up too :( I hate being sick all the time. I wish there was a magical cure for all this junk. i hope i feel better for the weekend.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Morning guys, hope you have a great Friday. We are going to a high school football game tonight. Wohoo, I always scream and yell at the top of my lungs and Farid just sits there and looks at me funny. He does not understand the game yet. :wacko:

Hee hee, Rosie this made me laugh :lol:

Sandrilla & Terrie feel better. Hugs!

Edited by 100% Al Ahly Fan

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Good Morning

High fever, chills, body ache, headache and coughing so hard my chest hurts :unsure:

So I came into work today cuz I have a project to work on and then I am going home. I hope by lunch.

Sandrila that sounds like the flu. Shouldn't you stay home so no one else gets it? Do they test for the swine flu anymore or do they just suggest staying away? I'd be kicked out of the office if I were that sick but then again I work in a healthcare company. I hope you feel better soon but seriously I think you should go home and your boss should understand that you're sick.

I was thinking about that when I took the shuttle the other day. There was a woman who works on a different floor than me and I swear she had the flu. I was like why is she here???? In the school system we're not allowed to even have a sibling go to school if another child is sick. They have to stay home for 7 days since it's assumed they have it too.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but this is a good example of how this has become a pandemic illness.

You know Bridget, you would think :blink:

Wed and Thurs it hit me hard after work...during the day I seem to pep up more

there has just been so much to do and of course because my boss is behind, i pay the price

I am still here

I TOLD HIM how sick I was

everyone knows it, even people on the phone can hear it but I am still here

so much for even going home early

Here I am thinking of my boss' needs before my own

That is why they are SICK days/PERSONAL days..I don't think people take them based on what is best for the boss :angry:

My girlfriend works in hospital too and she is all going nuts over the swine/flu vaccination

I have never had a flu shot but when I find when/where I can get one, I will :thumbs:

Edited by Sandrila

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Good Morning

there has just been so much to do and of course because my boss is behind, i pay the price

I am still here

That is why they are SICK days/PERSONAL days..I don't think people take them based on what is best for the boss :angry:

My girlfriend works in hospital too and she is all going nuts over the swine/flu vaccination

I have never had a flu shot but when I find when/where I can get one, I will :thumbs:

The flu shots are out now and I heard that the vaccine for swine flu should be available sometime next week. Any minute clinic or CVS pharmacy should have them available. Also, any general doctor office or clinic along with some Targets that have clinic's inside them.

Timeline
Good Morning

I am still here

Want me to go after him? I know people who know people. :diablo:

Edited by doodlebugg

Timeline
The flu shots are out now and I heard that the vaccine for swine flu should be available sometime next week. Any minute clinic or CVS pharmacy should have them available. Also, any general doctor office or clinic along with some Targets that have clinic's inside them.

One good thing about where I work is that they come to us even though we're somewhat offsite and they stay for about two days or so until they've vaccinated anyone who wants to be vaccinated. I didn't get it done last year because the year before it sent me into an autoimmune flare-up but this year I'm getting it no matter what! Plus we get a sticker from the nurse after and a piece of candy :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just one more day of this week. I can't wait till it is over. The tattoo shop has been dead. The last thing people will spend there money on these days is a tattoo. And I can't blame them. But the tattoo artist has to pay her bills too :crying:

Wishing you all a great weekend. :thumbs:

Untitled.jpg

Good Morning

I'm sick too.

I got off of the plane Wednesday evening feeling fine. Thursday afternoon I got this ache in my shoulders that told me things were not going to be pretty. Sure enough, Friday I was full on sick and I've been that way ever since - fever, chills, aches. coughing, I've got it all, too. All I want to do is sleep. Bleh.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Good Morning

I'm sick too.

I got off of the plane Wednesday evening feeling fine. Thursday afternoon I got this ache in my shoulders that told me things were not going to be pretty. Sure enough, Friday I was full on sick and I've been that way ever since - fever, chills, aches. coughing, I've got it all, too. All I want to do is sleep. Bleh.

IHQ - what a welcome home party you received. :( Are you at least glad to be back?

Timeline
Good Morning

I'm sick too.

That is exactly what happened to me when I came home from Egypt the last time! I ended up with pneumonia and had to be out of work for another two weeks!!! My parents were convinced I had the bird flu and that I was going to die.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

my husband is in florida right now for an interview. he is now experiencing the trip from hell!!!!

his flight from pittsburgh got held up 4 hours due to mechanical problems with the plane. then of course that made him miss his connecting flight so he had to wait 3 hours in detroit waiting for the next one.

finally he got to orlando and he was wore out. then he thought he could pick up his rental at the airport and then found out he had to be shuttled like 10 miles away. he was already mad and upset about the flights but now he had to get a car from far away.

now he finally got to the hotel which was oceanfront hotel but never even got to see the ocean cuz he was so late it was dark. he showered and took a short nap and went to eat. the hotel is in melbourne so thats an hour drive from orlando.

now for the funny part.....he got stopped by the police for being in a stolen car!!!! he was like, but look, ive got the rental car papers and everything. but u know they have to check out everything before they can let him go. so finally he got the ok and went to eat.

his interview today went well but now he is afraid its all a sign not to take the job there because of all the bad luck he was having. now he knows what kind of luck i have everytime i go to florida. he didnt beleive that every trip i take to florida turns out to be the trip from hell.

Edited by Donna A

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.