sperry81

about I-134

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am wondering if what I have will be enough evidence for the I-134 affidavit of support, I have included the last 3 years of tax info and i was going to get a bank statement or 2 for extra support, is this enough?

I have the 1040's from my records which are copies from the time I filed, will this be ok?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

You are almost there and now you have to deal with the embassy. This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

you need to show them your fiance employment certificate too..

attach to your I-134

Adjustment Of Status
Jan. 20/2010 - mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131(FEDex)
Jan. 25/2010 - delivered signed by: JCHYBA (received date)
Feb. 01/2010 - AOS NOA1 date
Feb. 03/2010 - case status online last updated for I-485,I-765,I-131
Feb. 05/2010 - received mail NOA1 for I-485,I-765,I-131
Feb. 16/2010 -transferred this case I485 to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER
Feb. 24/2010 -BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT NOTICE RECEIVED.
March 23/2010 -approved 131
March 24/2010 BIOMETRICS SCHEDULE 1:00PM
March 24, 2010 I-765 EAD - approved!
March 29/2010 EAD received!
April 29/2010 USCIS updated change of address from TX TO MS
July 7,2010 MY FIRST ULTRASOUND -->> WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!!
July 14,2010
The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made.
JULY 27,2010 AOS APPROVED
AUG.12/2010 CHANGE ADDRESS THRU FON AND FILED AR-11
AUG.16/2010 RECEIVED LETTER FROM USCIS THEY ACKNOWLEDGE THE CHANGE OF ADDRESS.
AUG.17/2010 - GREENCARD AT LAST!
Nov.18,2010 - Bouncing baby girl named ARIELLE FINES CAMPBELL!
April 2012 - Lifting of condition (1-751)
May 2012 - Due- welcoming our 2ND Baby and it's a Boy!

f2sh5xp.png

April 1,2013 -permanent resident card received!

August -->>> N-400!!!! can't wait!

Copies of your tax returns and supporting documents (such as W-2's, 1099's etc) are fine. Letter from your employer is fine if you can get one (but not always obtainable.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I am wondering if what I have will be enough evidence for the I-134 affidavit of support, I have included the last 3 years of tax info and i was going to get a bank statement or 2 for extra support, is this enough?

I have the 1040's from my records which are copies from the time I filed, will this be ok?

-

You do not need three years tax returns, one year is OK. If in your opinion three years makes it look better for you, by all means send them.

If you attach anything from a bank (which is optional) then I would attach a bank LETTER rather than statements if you can. The letter needs to be from a bank officer, state when the account was opened, the amount of deposits in the last twelve months and the current balance. I wrote this letter myself, took it to the branch President at the local bank and said "Diane, please type and sign this on bank letterhead" I sat down in her office and said "I will wait here" I had it in about 5 minutes. If you cannot get a bank letter, attach 12 months bank statements. 2 months bank statements is better just to leave off, it is pretty worthless as support.

Attach a letter from your employer or 3 months or more most recent check stubs to show current employment.

You have to convince someone that doesn't know you and someone you will never see that your fiancee will not be a public charge, at a pretty tough consulate to boot. If I were the one making the decision and saw 3 years tax returns and 2 months bank statements my reaction would be "I want to know what this guy is hiding!!!!!!!"

What ARE you hiding? It does no good to try and fool the VJ folks. W ecan help but only if you say what the heck is going on. Either that or line up a family co-sponsor

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

hope these answer your Qs

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=support

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have nothing to hide, why you would think that is beyond me, I am self-employed and have an anual income over the poverty guidline and also have included more then one years income tax returns, also some bank statements , not a years worth but enough to verify my account status. this alone I would hope would be enough, I dont have any more time left to gather so I pray it is worthy enough! thanks for all the reply's

When you have a choice of evidence to submit, submit the evidence that casts you in the best possible light—and only that evidence.

For self-employment, a letter from your employer isn't really an option. Three years' worth of tax returns (or better yet, transcripts, as they constitute proof of filing and acceptance by the IRS) are good. If your business holds a commercial credit rating, a letter denoting that can be helpful as well.

If your income as indicated on the tax returns is well over the poverty guidelines, there's no need to submit bank statements—and, as Gary stated, 2 months' worth of bank statements are going to raise more questions than they answer. Get a bank letter with the info Gary outlined, attach a year's worth of statements, or leave off the bank statements entirely if your income makes that feasible.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Transcripts are better than copies of tax returns, and copies of your bank statements aren't as good as a letter from a representative of your bank that states the date you opened your account, your current balance, average balance (either over the past year over the life of the account), and so forth. I called my bank and explained what I needed, and they transferred me to a very helpful woman who then sent me a letter (two letters - I asked for 2 copies of everything!) that basically said "BLANK has been a valuable customer of our bank since DATE, has XX number of accounts with us and an average balance of $XX."

I also had a letter from my employer that stated my start date, salary, and such, but if you are self-employed you could write a letter saying that, and stating your nature of work, that you've been in business since whenever, your average annual income, and some such. The IRS transcripts would be proof of that income, and also that you've filed your taxes properly and on time.

I agree that the more info, the better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.