Carlawarla

Meet Gilbert

51 posts in this topic

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to cute!! What an adorable pet for sure, and one that's easy to spoil. Well. they're all easy to spoil. I guess... :lol:

I had to give my dog up... :( She was a pit bull/airedale cross and a bundle of energy. I realized that it just wouldn't be right to bring here as there really isn't much room to walk her, and we've been SO busy this past month, she would have been neglected for sure.

However...I'm hoping that after things settle a little in our new married life.. I'd like to look for a Yorkie... :innocent:

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Carla,

Thanks for telling the story as to how Gilbert got it's name. What a great story to share!

Gilbert is definitely a good name for a dog! Aww...and it's memorable too, that your dog was named after your grandfather. I'm sure your grandfather would be honoured at that! Lol..just make sure you don't confuse the two "Gilberts" with each other when you are referring to them.

Since the pet is yours you get the extra benefit of naming rights....So why not pick a "fitting" name for your pet.

I agree too, that certain people and/or pets look like their namesake, and yes, your dog certainly looks like a "Gilbert" here.

Hmm...The name Gilbert also reminds me of that Anne of Green Gables character....(very Canadian, indeed....). Dog Gilbert= Canadian too?

Will you ever get a "Maggie" to go with "Gilbert" too?

Interesting to know too, that he is only 2 pounds (so tiny!), and only goes up to 9 pounds when full grown. I guess it's because since he is a "mini" dog?

Lol...wish my son/baby can stay 9 pounds forever (which he is at now as a 2 month newborn...)....Oh well...

By the way, as a laugh....My paperwork to the USCIS weighs 2 pounds...(both the I-751 and N-400 files)...Wonder if they would accept a dog instead of paperwork to approve a case...just kidding...They wouldn't know how to treat a dog right anyways....Best leave the dogs to responsible VJers here....

Anyways, keep up the updates about Gilbert. Again, "Welcome to the family and to VJ!"

Ant

Anyways, yes,

This is for you Ant...we were talking before we looked at dogs, for names. One night we were laying in bed and we were thinking of names. If it was a girl, we thought perhaps Maggie, which was my grandmother's name, then we thought, hmm, no...Minnie! That's my Mom's name in fact. So Minnie it was going to be if it was a female. So, for male names, I said to Gene, my Grandmother Maggie, was married to Gilbert! We both laughed and laughed and said...that's it! Gilbert!

The funny thing is...as soon as we saw him, we both looked at each other and said..Gilbert! He does look EXACTLY like a Gilbert too! That may sound funny, unless other pet owners have done this? I should say, while I've owned about 4 cats, and 3 dogs in my lifetime, I've NEVER been the one that got to name my pets. It was either my brother, my parents, my ex, and/or my kids. So I was thrilled that not only did I get to pick the name, but that it fit!

Actually, the pictures I posted are their pictures. He weighs about 2 pounds right now, and full grown will weigh about 9 pounds.

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats on your new addition , he's such a cutie ! I use to have a dapple , they are sooo full of personality ! I'm sure you guys will have lots of fun :)

u9vmq44n58.gif

'It's not how much you give or what you say, it is how much love you give in what you do'

as1czXHFg2B1530MjEyODc2c3wwMDAyNDNsfFNpbmNlIHdlIHdlcmUgbWFycmllZA.gif

Talk about changing a bunch! Still a cutie...we haven't picked him up yet!

Hello to all Carla's VJ friends (mine too, I know many of you through stories or the rare meeting).

Carla is back Sunday 10/4 and we're so anxious, we'll pick him up that day.

Again, hope everyone is happy and the bureaucracy isn't getting you down.

Gene

Cartoboy123

carlahmsb4.gif

Oh such a cutie! I still maintain I want to hug him and squeeze him and call him Gilbert :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello to all Carla's VJ friends (mine too, I know many of you through stories or the rare meeting).

Gene

Cartoboy123

He's so cuteeee ! AH! Hi Gene!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's a cute one, congratz.

You might wanna change your signature image tho, someone might get the wrong idea! ;)

Can't wait till Peachey and I can get a dog, I'm sneak in little hints about how cute st. bernards are from time to time. I enjoy big dogs for some reason!

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Gene

Cartoboy123

Hi Gene! <wave>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I love you, Gilbert!!!

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline
Can't wait till Peachey and I can get a dog, I'm sneak in little hints about how cute st. bernards are from time to time. I enjoy big dogs for some reason!

Get a Newfoundlander!!! Link

I am not able to find the name of the dog I had been looking at, but it was very similar to the newfie.... It was originally from Europe though.

Those are cute! :D

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

<back to interview>

Timeline
Don't get an Afghan or Irish Setter. I hate those things! :lol:

Search for large dogs by pic

Hmm, I don't see it there. I've only seen one in person.

The guy was a dog trainer, and got it to be with his adopted daughter. She had several conditions, and he trained the dog to help her around the house (getting stuff), and walk (she couldn't walk well), and protection.

The dog was BIG. They told it to give me kisses, and it put it's front paws on my shoulders and licked my face (I'm just shy of 6' tall).

It had curly longer black hair, was prolly 80lb+, and he called it something like (pronouciation) boo-vee-aah. I know they don't have the best temperament unless they are trained well (overprotective). The trainer said I didn't want to see what the dog would do when he gave the attack command... I agreed.

I've never been able to find it online, because I don't know anything else about it. I don't even want one, but it's driving me nuts trying to find out what it was.

<back to interview>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.