John24689

Interview today. GC????

3 posts in this topic

We had our interview this morning. After waiting about 30 minutes after our appointment time, we were called in. The lady swore us in and then we sat down. She asked us for a picture ID and we both gave her our DL. The lady made a statement about she thought the case was complete with sufficient documentation. She then asked my wife her SSN and date of marriage. Then she asked her if she had two children. My wife responded, yes.

The lady then asked what we had. I opened my briefcase and took out three photo items. I told her she could look at those for a minute while I got the papers out. I got my large stack of folders and started opening them one by one and giving her copies of documents.

On some, she said she already had a copy. I was impressed that she had looked at our file, about three inches thick, before we had the interview. I kept giving he copies of documents. She said she had enough. I said wait a minute, I made copies and I want you to have them. I was laughing when I said it. I told her she could keep them or throw them away as I gave her more copies. She never asked to see the original of any document.

Then she asked how we met. I told her our story. I asked her if she wanted to meet my wife's mother who was in the waiting area. It ended up that she did not have time. :-( My wife's mother has been visiting us for the past five months. They are both going back home this Friday, my wife for a month and her mother until she gets another visa to return to the US. I asked the lady for a stamp in my wife's passport. She said she didn't need one because the One Year Extension Letter was still good for another 7 months.

I asked her if she needed anything else. She said "no", she had more than enough. I told her if she thought she may need something else, I could look back through our papers and find other things. She just smiled.

I asked her about if my wife and step-daughter were approved. She said everything would have to go forward for a final decision. (I forgot to ask her how long that may take.) She stated that we should have more than enough documentation and everything looked good. She said it did appear that we were living together. I think she must have been a trainee without the authorization to approve our case and it will have to go to her supervisor. She said my wife's daughter will follow the decision of my wife's petition. If my wife is approved, then her daughter will be approved.

Now, we will sit back and wait on the mail. I hope there will not be any problems. If there are any problems, I don't know what they may be. I take it we were just one of the random picks for an interview. I don't wish anyone the expense of an interview. It was a three hour drive and breakfast and lunch and gas. Not much money in the large scheme of things in this journey.

Good luck to everyone in this process. We would like to thank everyone on VJ for their help in the journey.

Russian Fiancee - Moscow Embassy

1/27/06 Mailed I-129F to TSC and forwarded to CSC for K-1 & K-2 Visa

2/1/06 CSC received I-129F

2/7/06 Received NOA1 TSC

4/14/06 I-129F Approved

4/25/06 Received NOA2 TSC

5/12/06 Received at NVC

5/18/06 Mailed to US Embassy, Moscow

8/9/06 Physical Exams for K-1 & K-2

8/11/06 Interview Scheduled

8/11/06 VISA APPROVED

8/17/06 Visa Received

9/12/06 Flight from SVO

12/09/06 MARRIED

2/16/07 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP

3/15/07 Biometrics scheduled (Had to Re-schedule)

3/22/07 Biometrics completed for K-1 & K-2

4/11/07 Received phone call from USCIS, Interview Scheduled, FBI check completed

4/16/07 AOS Interview, passed pending I-693A

4/16/07 Civil Surgeon completed I-693A, I-693A submitted to USCIS office

4/18/07 Notice mailed welcoming New Permanent Resident

4/19/07 Card production ordered for K-1 & K-2

4/25/07 2 Year Green Card Received dated 4/17/07

1/21/09 Mailed I-751 to VSC for K-1 & K-2

1/24/09 VSC Received I-751

1/31/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Wife

2/20/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Wife, Appt 3/2/09 Completed

2/20/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Step-daughter

2/24/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Step-daughter Appt 3/10/09 Completed

3/2/09 Mailed Wife's Passport to Houston for Renewal - Received 6/5/09

9/15/09 Interview at New Orleans Field Office

1/19/10 Eligible to file N-400 for Citizenship

Sounds like a smooth, positive interview. Congrats... and try not to check the mailbox every five minutes while waiting for your approval letter to come ... because it will surely come after an interview like that :)

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.