7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I am so pleased I found this site. It is so full of information on this dreadfully confusing process. Here is my story:

Last week, my fiancee was scheduled to come stay with me for the summer. She had packed a lot of her needed items for a long term trip and flew all the way to Detroit from Taipei. Once there, customs denied her entry on the basis that she was moving here instead of spending time over the summer with me and other family. Their basis was that she needed a visa to come here (the elusive K1) even though she has dual citizenship with a visa waiver country. As soon as she called me her fiancee we were done. So, they denied her entry and I paid to send her back home. It was as it Christmas was cancelled on Christmas Eve. Our plan was for her to come spend the summer with me, and to consult a lawyer while she was here to determine our best course of action.

Alas, she is back in Taipei and we now have to file the K1 paperwork. This past week has been very depressing for us both. We both were looking forward to a wonderful summer and to finally being together for a while. The times I was in Taiwan on business and the time she was here just aren't enough! I am sure many of you can relate.

So, I wanted to give a quick rundown of our fun. We are filing the paperwork through a very large law firm with an emphasis on immigration. Hopefully Vermont and the NVC will be kind to us and expedite us through this nightmare.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get through the opening nightmare and then deal with the wait? It makes me feel so useless to be a the whim and mercy of someone else.

Thanks for all your help. I am sure I will have tons of other questions later. Until then, off to the FAQs and the like for me.

Tim

07/05--------Met Ann in Taichung, Taiwan

01/28/06----Fell in love with Ann over Chinese Lunar New Year in Taichung Taiwan

02/12/06----Ann's birthday

02/26/06---- I leave Taichung amidst a trail of tears

04/06/06-----Ann comes to visit my family and I in NY

06/16/06-----I propose to Ann in Taichung- Happiest Day of my life (So Far!)

07/27/06---- I-129 Sent to Lawyers for review

07/31/06---- I-129F Forwarded to Vermont (let's hope things move along!)

08/04/06----NOA1

08/08/06----Touch

08/11/06----Snail mail receipt of NOA1

Sept 2006- NOTHING

09/27-10/11 Back in Taiwan with Ann, (leaving gets harder everytime)

10/16/06, 1830 Hours: NOA2 !!!!

Touched 10/17,18

10-20-06--- NVC Forwarded to Embassy!

10/26 Packet 3 in her hands!

11/3 Packet 3 sent back, waiting on interview date

11/9 Medical Done- Results back, NEXT STEP- INTERVIEW!!!!

12/5 POE: Detroit

12/22: She goes to SF to see "family", which was actually her other boyfriend.....

12/24: I learn the truth about her deceit and double life.

12/26: ICE, USCIS, and Buffalo Immigration notified- please note the delay was only due to the holiday and I did try to call as soon as I found out....

ouch.. sorry to hear of your tale - but you're right - as soon as she mentioned the word fiance..red flag time (even tho she had innocent intentions)

As fr the wait - you will need to be more patient than Job; get SKYPE if you both have PC access or pay horrendous phone bills using normal phone (pick one), get a web cam..can you visit HER? If so..do that as well.

Rememebr that the new IMBRA law is currently making the wait a little longer but fill in your timeline and you should get a ballpark idea of averages of the waits for your service center (although it goes ONLY by those who have filled in their timelines AND who are registered here; its not all-inclusive to eevry applicant that goes thru VSC).

Good luck :)

Edited by Jaylen Brit

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Welcome to VJ. Please remember to fill in your timeline when you send off your petition and to keep it updated. I dont think there is anyways to expediate the K1, I am sorry but you will have to wait like all of us have and are doing, but feel free to ask any questions you may have. There isnt really a great need to have a law attorny as most of us on here have managed the whole process without one - but if you feel that your case may warrant one then by all means do so:). It is very hard being away from the one you love and it isnt easy, sometimes the stress in itself can cause some couples to have problems - the main thing I can suggest is do your research, there are plenty of tips on what to do in the guides section here, so please read them and familiarise yourself with the whole process. Ohh yes and try to have plenty of patience!! lol you really need it lol

Good luck ... Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Welcome to VJ. Feel free to ask questions, as you will find many here who would try to answer your questions. Good luck with the process!

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm sure everyone here loves you already. To have a newbie say he'll read the guides and FAQs! Wow.

Dealing with the waiting? You just learn how to do that in the process. And, boy, did we learn.

Good luck with your application. I hope it goes fast!

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Welcome aboard. Nice to see a newbie who says he will read all the FAQs. Feel free to ask questions anytime and remember we are all in this waiting game with you. Everyone of us has had the same reaction when first learning of the long wait times and the complicated process that it takes to bring loved one to the states.

Hang in there and good luck to you!!!!

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

My Paperwork is going through CSC but I am a fellow USC and Taiwanese Fiance visa petitioner.. or however you want to say that.. There are a few of us now.. welcome!

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.