zethris

Everyone has recieved their RFE's?? I haven't what gives?

27 posts in this topic

What the heck is going on here?

I haven't heard anything what so ever on where my RFE is. Are people with NOA2's in April now getting their RFE's?

I read a few posts, and it's kind of making me worry.

BTW, my case at the USCIS hasn't even been touched since 04/16/2006.

Meh, nothing to see here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
What the heck is going on here?

I haven't heard anything what so ever on where my RFE is. Are people with NOA2's in April now getting their RFE's?

I read a few posts, and it's kind of making me worry.

BTW, my case at the USCIS hasn't even been touched since 04/16/2006.

Hey, not everyone has gotten their RFE's (as you can see here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20652)

In fact, a few people are in the same boat as you. Some people can't even find out where their petitions are (when they had to be returned from the consulate).

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn't realize so many people with recalled NOA2s were still waiting for RFE's... that's crazy!!

Edited by hockeygal

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

From experience I can say don't worry. I looked at your timeline. Yours will come soon. It just feels like everyone else has gotten theirs.

TIM - North Conway, NH

ANA - Chisinau, Moldova

JULY: Met Ana when my Russian tenants had a BBQ at my house

OCTOBER: Ana's visa about to expire time to go home to Moldova

JANUARY 2006: Flew to Moldova to ask her parents permission to marry her

Engaged January 12, 2006

Left Moldova January 28th

MARCH 3: I-129F sent to Vermont Service Center

MARCH 10: NOA1 Received

APRIL 26: NOA 2 Received Approval

APRIL 28: NVC forwarded to Embassy in Romania

MAY 5: Received by US Embassy in Romania

MAY 12: Packet 3 Received

MAY 17: Packet 3 sent to US Embassy in Romania

MAY 17: Fiance notified of impending RFE due to IMBRA LAW

JUNE 30: Case Reopened at VSC

JULY 6: Received IMBRA RFE

JULY 10: Mailed RFE back to VSC

JULY 17: VSC has acknowledged receipt of IMBRA RFE

AUGUST 8: VSC Approval of NOA2!!!!! Great Day

SEPTEMBER 19: Interview in US EMBASSY Bucharest - VISA GRANTED

OCTOBER 16: Fly to Moldova

JANUARY 11: Fly home to America with Ana to get married!

JANUARY 16: Married in North Conway, NH

JANUARY 19: Filed for AOS and EAD

JULY 13: Received Green Card and Employment Authorization Card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What is crazy is all of us NOA2 and March and April NOA1s waiting while May and June NOA1s are getting approved left and right.

I am not even getting touched anymore!!!

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
What is crazy is all of us NOA2 and March and April NOA1s waiting while May and June NOA1s are getting approved left and right.

I am not even getting touched anymore!!!

I know.

Did they aprove someone from march or april yet? Even if no recall was made. Someone with their petition pending..?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Don't worry. They have been sent out. I think you will see yours very soon.

TIM - North Conway, NH

ANA - Chisinau, Moldova

JULY: Met Ana when my Russian tenants had a BBQ at my house

OCTOBER: Ana's visa about to expire time to go home to Moldova

JANUARY 2006: Flew to Moldova to ask her parents permission to marry her

Engaged January 12, 2006

Left Moldova January 28th

MARCH 3: I-129F sent to Vermont Service Center

MARCH 10: NOA1 Received

APRIL 26: NOA 2 Received Approval

APRIL 28: NVC forwarded to Embassy in Romania

MAY 5: Received by US Embassy in Romania

MAY 12: Packet 3 Received

MAY 17: Packet 3 sent to US Embassy in Romania

MAY 17: Fiance notified of impending RFE due to IMBRA LAW

JUNE 30: Case Reopened at VSC

JULY 6: Received IMBRA RFE

JULY 10: Mailed RFE back to VSC

JULY 17: VSC has acknowledged receipt of IMBRA RFE

AUGUST 8: VSC Approval of NOA2!!!!! Great Day

SEPTEMBER 19: Interview in US EMBASSY Bucharest - VISA GRANTED

OCTOBER 16: Fly to Moldova

JANUARY 11: Fly home to America with Ana to get married!

JANUARY 16: Married in North Conway, NH

JANUARY 19: Filed for AOS and EAD

JULY 13: Received Green Card and Employment Authorization Card

Timeline

Have you gotten the update saying you had your case back or reopened? Some people who have been waiting forever got their cases reopened today.

We have a feeling that things *are* starting to move - and it was about time already. But there are a few cases that have been recalled and have heard nothing so far.

Timeline (incompleta)

Have you gotten the update saying you had your case back or reopened? Some people who have been waiting forever got their cases reopened today.

We have a feeling that things *are* starting to move - and it was about time already. But there are a few cases that have been recalled and have heard nothing so far.

nope, I haven't heard anything yet. I had to call the department of state to tell me it had been recalled. However, he said it too fast to really have checked. So I suppose he just batched it in because of my NOA1 date.

Timeline

nope, I haven't heard anything yet. I had to call the department of state to tell me it had been recalled. However, he said it too fast to really have checked. So I suppose he just batched it in because of my NOA1 date.

Okay, so you definitely want to check this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18817 -You'll see some stories very similar to yours.

Also, people have been contacting their congressmen for help. It could work for you.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I've got squat. The 9 of us charted plus zethris makes 10 little indians. What ever happened to your class action lawsuit, chief?

The only problem is if we go to the courts....This wait will be nothing compaired to getting something done there. I can also see the Gov. freezing all K1 and K3 Visas until the figuire out if our Constitutional rights have been violated. This will take years. I just want my Woman here that's all now. I guess some might feel thats a selfish statement but it's how I feel. Just my 2 cents :(

I've got squat. The 9 of us charted plus zethris makes 10 little indians. What ever happened to your class action lawsuit, chief?

The only problem is if we go to the courts....This wait will be nothing compaired to getting something done there. I can also see the Gov. freezing all K1 and K3 Visas until the figuire out if our Constitutional rights have been violated. This will take years. I just want my Woman here that's all now. I guess some might feel thats a selfish statement but it's how I feel. Just my 2 cents :(

It could very well come to fruition afterall if this is what is happening. So it might have been good that I got the ball rolling a couple months ago. The aproach we decided to take was to lobby and politic some leverage to hopefully speed things up. All along though more evidence and information has been accrued, and if they lost some of our cases, well that might be the straw.

We'll see.

Thats part of the reason why we aren't pressing anything right now too. It's a very fine string that is keeping them from putting the whole thing on pause just so they can re-evaluate if this is a lawful law. I would rather take the aikido aproach for now and let their momentum be used against them at the right time, or have it cancel itself out naturally (as in, the RFE's and such go out and it's business as usuall sooner than later)

However, if it escalates any more, if it's not me, someone is going to cry foul loud enough to cause the whole thing to freeze. So because I know I could have a while back, I chose to give it some more time.

Edited by zethris

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It could very well come to fruition afterall if this is what is happening. So it might have been good that I got the ball rolling a couple months ago. The aproach we decided to take was to lobby and politic some leverage to hopefully speed things up. All along though more evidence and information has been accrued, and if they lost some of our cases, well that might be the straw.

We'll see.

Thats part of the reason why we aren't pressing anything right now too. It's a very fine string that is keeping them from putting the whole thing on pause just so they can re-evaluate if this is a lawful law. I would rather take the aikido aproach for now and let their momentum be used against them at the right time, or have it cancel itself out naturally (as in, the RFE's and such go out and it's business as usuall sooner than later)

However, if it escalates any more, if it's not me, someone is going to cry foul loud enough to cause the whole thing to freeze. So because I know I could have a while back, I chose to give it some more time.

I completely agree. Waiting for the right time is best. I have a Bad Feeling that the USCIS is also waiting to see what happens. The last time I spoke to an Officer on the phone 1 week agao, he candidly said "Lokk you are gonna get your RFE eventually but... There is no precident to process these Petitions and im not sure how things will move forward for people who already got there NOA2's" He shut the conversation after that. There was lots of dead air when I asked more questions. I hope Im wrong, but we may be in for a long ride so... Buckle Up!!! :no:

I can't seem to find that post that had the number and path through the phone tree to get to the VSC. I just barely (like 2 seconds ago) recieved an e-mail from the Manila Embasy (a full month and a half after I even asked) that they had sent it to the VSC via the NVC, but I haven't heard anything from the VSC or the NVC. I need to try to at least confirm the physicall location of where my case is. Maybe raise an awareness that i am one of few who seems to have fallen through the cracks here.

So it's actually the very first thing I even officialy heard about my being recalled at least.

Edited by zethris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.