Y's_habibitk

MENA CR1/K3/K1 visas PART2

987 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Illnevergetthis,

(F) God willing it is soon.

Have you tried any rep support in this at all? Like a congressman to at least inquire along with an explanation of the k3 drama...

good luck

Lisa,

I contacted my congressman in 2007 when our K3 was at the embassy. The congressman's person told me that we were in AP and that I would just have to wait. I went back to her office after we were informed that the case was being sent back to the states and the same lady was very rude and told me that there was nothing that they could do.

I contacted a different representative right before I got an RFE on our I130. Being that I got the RFE and they were working on the case, I didn't follow thru. After we gathered and emailed everything back to them for the RFE, it took about two months and they approved the application. My husband said that this interview went very well and that she told him that he was approved...among other things, but she needed the status on our old K3 before she could issue the visa...that was August 24th.

I called USCIS and they told me that the K3 had been approved.

On September 5, he got a 221g asking for two documents (one of which was in our RFE to USCIS) and saying that we were in AP that would last from 4 to 6 months.

I emailed the embassy after he was issued the 221g and they told me that we are now in AP and that it has nothing to do with Washington (I guess document verification.) They also said that they don't need anything else from USCIS. They told me that they would contact us when the processing is complete.

I have called DOS more times than I can count. A couple of the people on the phone told me that the Amman is slow when it comes to AP. We are officially at 4 months since the 221g. I just hope that they really do issue the visa this time.

We are now just waiting on the AP to complete. I have been emailing the embassy every couple of weeks and they just keep telling me that AP takes time and that they will contact us.

Inshalla, it will not last more than the six months that they told us.

Im trying to get this all straight in my head

So Amman is saying that the CR1 is approved but they needed the status of the k3 from USCIS first? Once they found that the K3 was approved,(this was after it was sent back to USCIS after the first interview, right?) they told you that the CR1 is on AP(but not name checks in Washington).

So the old K3 that was sent back to the states is now approved after all right? and the CR1 is approved now as well but they are both under AP. Even though the K3 already went through AP only to be sent back to USCIS.....

If I got that all straight, I would try to get someone involved because it looks like they have been dropping the ball all over the place and you guys should at least have some sort of explanation as to why you are on AP for the second time and make sure they dont make you wait only to try and send this one back as well. I would also want to know why you cant just get the K3 visa issued since its now approved.(if I got the story straight :P)

What a ride you guys have had, I hope it ends soon (F)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Im trying to get this all straight in my head

So Amman is saying that the CR1 is approved but they needed the status of the k3 from USCIS first? Once they found that the K3 was approved,(this was after it was sent back to USCIS after the first interview, right?) they told you that the CR1 is on AP(but not name checks in Washington).

So the old K3 that was sent back to the states is now approved after all right? and the CR1 is approved now as well but they are both under AP. Even though the K3 already went through AP only to be sent back to USCIS.....

If I got that all straight, I would try to get someone involved because it looks like they have been dropping the ball all over the place and you guys should at least have some sort of explanation as to why you are on AP for the second time and make sure they dont make you wait only to try and send this one back as well. I would also want to know why you cant just get the K3 visa issued since its now approved.(if I got the story straight :P)

What a ride you guys have had, I hope it ends soon (F)

I hope it ends soon too. My husband had told me that CO for the first interview was very nasty to him. She put us through the ringer and then we went into the Washington name checks. The embassy held onto that file for a long time. I noticed that other people around that same time were having their interview dates moved closer...ours was not, we waited the full eleven months.

This time the CO (different lady) was really really nice to my husband. Yes, she told him that she needed the status of the old K3 to issue the visa...so I got on the phone. That was a whole different fiasco, but we were told that it was approved.

Anyway, as you know from my previous post, the embassy ended up requesting those two additional docs on this IR1. I don't know why they requested one of the documents that they did because the USCIS had that doc already. It is very very difficult to get any information from the embassy through email.

They told us it would be 4 to 6 months for them to complete the AP. We have just hit month 4. If they don't issue his visa in the next two months (the deadline they gave us), then I will contract my other representative here.

I hope this time it is truely an approval. I've had two different people at the DOS tell me that the Amman embassy was slow. The last email that I received from the embassy(about a month ago) said that it was going to take awhile. I pray they finish within the next two months.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline
waiting....waiting....waiting......tick tock goes the clock

J (F)

:( You are right...tick tock does go the clock :crying:

I just made another call to DOS, the lady said the last update was in November. When I asked her about that she would only say the case was still under review. :wacko:

Edited by illnevergetthis

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
waiting....waiting....waiting......tick tock goes the clock

J (F)

the dreaded waiting...wish the clock could tick a little faster...lol I'm still wondering if it's a good thing that i can check the status of our cas now...lol...now i can't stay of the site...watched pot never boils though right? Atleast we all have eachother to babble with...since i know my family doesn't want to hear another word about Hicham..

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline
I'm good at babbling! Just ask my plant.

Hop on up ~~plenty of room on da 'waitin couch'

Picture0191.jpg

psssst bring snacks

J (F)

That couch looks pretty comfortable for some waitin...although, I would rather not be sittin on any 'waitin couch' :innocent:

Jackie,

You are pretty funny. I just want to thank you for the quiet laughs I have had at your post over the past several months. Thank you! :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I hope it ends soon too. My husband had told me that CO for the first interview was very nasty to him. She put us through the ringer and then we went into the Washington name checks. The embassy held onto that file for a long time. I noticed that other people around that same time were having their interview dates moved closer...ours was not, we waited the full eleven months.

This time the CO (different lady) was really really nice to my husband. Yes, she told him that she needed the status of the old K3 to issue the visa...so I got on the phone. That was a whole different fiasco, but we were told that it was approved.

Anyway, as you know from my previous post, the embassy ended up requesting those two additional docs on this IR1. I don't know why they requested one of the documents that they did because the USCIS had that doc already. It is very very difficult to get any information from the embassy through email.

They told us it would be 4 to 6 months for them to complete the AP. We have just hit month 4. If they don't issue his visa in the next two months (the deadline they gave us), then I will contract my other representative here.

I hope this time it is truely an approval. I've had two different people at the DOS tell me that the Amman embassy was slow. The last email that I received from the embassy(about a month ago) said that it was going to take awhile. I pray they finish within the next two months.

I had a friend on AP for a CR1 in Amman for like 13 months so ya.. they can be very slow with some.

You guys will be in my prayers..

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline
I had a friend on AP for a CR1 in Amman for like 13 months so ya.. they can be very slow with some.

You guys will be in my prayers..

And guys on watchlists can get here with plastic explosives in their underwear and some of the husbands with no problems wait 13 months in AP

Some things just seem very silly..

Oh well... Maybe it makes sense on some planet...just not on this one

And guys on watchlists can get here with plastic explosives in their underwear and some of the husbands with no problems wait 13 months in AP

Some things just seem very silly..

Oh well... Maybe it makes sense on some planet...just not on this one

You are so completely right!!!! I totally agree...makes not sense at all!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm good at babbling! Just ask my plant.

Hop on up ~~plenty of room on da 'waitin couch'

Picture0191.jpg

psssst bring snacks

J (F)

ILNGT and Disconnection, thank you! (F)

Hopping on the new waiting couch... 26 days since my interview and no updates on the 'Consular Final Review' yet...

Bringing the Bebsi :P

pepsi.jpg

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Salaam everyone. Just wanted to drop by and say hello to everyone.

Hope all is well.

Been almost 8 weeks since the interview. Still just waiting with no news. Anywho....take care all!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Salaam everyone. Just wanted to drop by and say hello to everyone.

Hope all is well.

Been almost 8 weeks since the interview. Still just waiting with no news. Anywho....take care all!

Come on!! He needs to get the visa soon! You don't want him to miss this lovely winter we're having :)

How have you been?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.