Y's_habibitk

MENA CR1/K3/K1 visas PART2

987 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well it's officially now...I'm parting of the waiting group of K1 ppl :) Put the box in the mail today...whew...what a relief to finally not have it here anymore....I was thinking way too much about what to put in, what not to, etc...now it's not up to me anymore...guess that's not really a good thing either, but...better then looking at the same papers a million times...lol I'll update as I get new info...hoping for quick, but ready for te long haul. I saw someone last year that sent theirs in on the same date and got a visa in May...ok..I know...I'm dreaming, but it can't hurt...lol Ok...I'm gonna shut up now...I'm just so excited to finally being getting this process started!! And now I can focus on getting my daughter & I packed for the trip back to Morocco...will be much easier to get through this process with him, then sitting here thinking to much...And probably annoying everyone with all of my babbling. LOL Hope everyone is having a great holidays!!

Monica (F)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thats great news and enjoy your time together! Good luck on a speedy approval and process.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Another update....picked up visa today and will be leaving tomorrow enshallah. Thanks to all the VJ members that helped me figure out this process and i will everyone waiting speedy visa processing :)

BTW...does anyone know whether my POE would be JFK or ATL. i'm going thru JFK to ATL. Thanks.

6-22-09 - Filed petition at embassy in Cairo

8-12-09 - Contacted DOS for info on petition...found out petition is filed incorrectly...

8-12-09 - Tried contacting embassy with new info...no response for 3 days..

8-15-09 - Made appt to resubmit petition on 8-17

8-17-09 - CO at embassy informed us that correction was made and petition sent to Athens for approval.

8-26-09 - Petition approved by Athens USCIS

8-28-09 - Petition mailed to Cairo by Dipl. Pouch via Washington DC.

9-29-09 - Petition arrive at Cairo....

10-12-09 - Package 3 arrived and also sent back same day...

11-10-09 - Package 4 arrived

12-22-09 - Interview date - APPROVED

12-23-09 - DOS says Visa Issued

12-30-09 - Visa in hand

12-31-09 - Enshallah arrive back home :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Another update....picked up visa today and will be leaving tomorrow enshallah. Thanks to all the VJ members that helped me figure out this process and i will everyone waiting speedy visa processing :)

BTW...does anyone know whether my POE would be JFK or ATL. i'm going thru JFK to ATL. Thanks.

Will be JFK.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Will be JFK.

Thanks for the info. :)

6-22-09 - Filed petition at embassy in Cairo

8-12-09 - Contacted DOS for info on petition...found out petition is filed incorrectly...

8-12-09 - Tried contacting embassy with new info...no response for 3 days..

8-15-09 - Made appt to resubmit petition on 8-17

8-17-09 - CO at embassy informed us that correction was made and petition sent to Athens for approval.

8-26-09 - Petition approved by Athens USCIS

8-28-09 - Petition mailed to Cairo by Dipl. Pouch via Washington DC.

9-29-09 - Petition arrive at Cairo....

10-12-09 - Package 3 arrived and also sent back same day...

11-10-09 - Package 4 arrived

12-22-09 - Interview date - APPROVED

12-23-09 - DOS says Visa Issued

12-30-09 - Visa in hand

12-31-09 - Enshallah arrive back home :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Awesome raina!

Happy New Year to everyone and I hope its wonderful and safe. If you are still awaiting your loved one, go enjoy it with friends and family and imagine how nice it will be when you can be together next year. :) Either way enjoy!!

(L)

This day last year we finally got our NOA2!! Its our VSC anniversary :lol:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Awesome raina!

Happy New Year to everyone and I hope its wonderful and safe. If you are still awaiting your loved one, go enjoy it with friends and family and imagine how nice it will be when you can be together next year. :) Either way enjoy!!

(L)

This day last year we finally got our NOA2!! Its our VSC anniversary :lol:

Happy VSC anniversary Lisa!! :) Let's see...this time last year we were still awaiting NOA2 and I was so sad and bummed not to spend the new year with my hubby. But this year will be much happier! I hope everyone has a wonderful new year and that it brings many approvals & reunions!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well it's officially now...I'm parting of the waiting group of K1 ppl :) Put the box in the mail today...whew...what a relief to finally not have it here anymore....I was thinking way too much about what to put in, what not to, etc...now it's not up to me anymore...guess that's not really a good thing either, but...better then looking at the same papers a million times...lol I'll update as I get new info...hoping for quick, but ready for te long haul. I saw someone last year that sent theirs in on the same date and got a visa in May...ok..I know...I'm dreaming, but it can't hurt...lol Ok...I'm gonna shut up now...I'm just so excited to finally being getting this process started!! And now I can focus on getting my daughter & I packed for the trip back to Morocco...will be much easier to get through this process with him, then sitting here thinking to much...And probably annoying everyone with all of my babbling. LOL Hope everyone is having a great holidays!!

Monica (F)

Great news, Monica!! I wish you a painless visa journey and and a speedy approval!!! Have a safe trip to Morroco!! (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

I'm so happy for you Serena!!! :) InshaAllah you had a safe flight and now back home with your husband and kids!!! A happy start of the new year! :)

ROC Timeline

Timeline

Hey ladies!!

The past week has been pretty much busy for me.... I got relocated to the new branch of my work.. I gave my month notice already....

I had that big family meeting with my mom, stepdad, uncles... I said everything, covered every point, poured my heart out to them, spoke logically, begged for a chance.... I tried one more time to open their hearts about me and John, but as usual nothing worked and they were surprised I'm even still trying and how 'bold' I am to say who I want to marry....typical... After the depressing outcome I told John to put our plan that he comes to fly back with me on hold *sigh* I think it is not going to be safe either for me or him :( I just really don't know what to do now.... He still wants to come, but I'm just not sure what could happen to both of us... I don't want to give up on trying with my family yet, but this is just depressing.....

About our case updates, I emailed the embassy on Monday about our case status and the last they said is that it is 'Under Consular's Final Review'... Does anyone of you ladies know how long it could last?... John called DOS after and no more updates until this afternoon...

The New Year is a few minutes away now in Egypt!!! :) I'm spending the first hours of it online with John just like last year.... In a few minutes we're going to be talking at the same time, but in two different years!! in I'm going to be in 2010 and he's going to be in 2009 for 7 hours!! Cool, ha? LOL! :P I know it's going to be cooler if we spent it together side by side...but I'll just keep my hopes up and pray that next year is a better year...

Happy New Year Everyone!!! (F)

ROC Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hey ladies!!

The past week has been pretty much busy for me.... I got relocated to the new branch of my work.. I gave my month notice already....

I had that big family meeting with my mom, stepdad, uncles... I said everything, covered every point, poured my heart out to them, spoke logically, begged for a chance.... I tried one more time to open their hearts about me and John, but as usual nothing worked and they were surprised I'm even still trying and how 'bold' I am to say who I want to marry....typical... After the depressing outcome I told John to put our plan that he comes to fly back with me on hold *sigh* I think it is not going to be safe either for me or him :( I just really don't know what to do now.... He still wants to come, but I'm just not sure what could happen to both of us... I don't want to give up on trying with my family yet, but this is just depressing.....

About our case updates, I emailed the embassy on Monday about our case status and the last they said is that it is 'Under Consular's Final Review'... Does anyone of you ladies know how long it could last?... John called DOS after and no more updates until this afternoon...

The New Year is a few minutes away now in Egypt!!! :) I'm spending the first hours of it online with John just like last year.... In a few minutes we're going to be talking at the same time, but in two different years!! in I'm going to be in 2010 and he's going to be in 2009 for 7 hours!! Cool, ha? LOL! :P I know it's going to be cooler if we spent it together side by side...but I'll just keep my hopes up and pray that next year is a better year...

Happy New Year Everyone!!! (F)

I am sorry to hear that the meeting with your family did not go well. I hope they change their mind. I know this must be very very difficult for you.

I doubt the "Under Consular's Final Review" is going to take very long. They are on the downside. =) I hope they have some news for you sometime this next week.

I wish you the best. I hope you have a great New Year with John.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline
Happy New Year Aya!

Happy New Year to you too, Jax! (F)

ROC Timeline

Timeline
I am sorry to hear that the meeting with your family did not go well. I hope they change their mind. I know this must be very very difficult for you.

I doubt the "Under Consular's Final Review" is going to take very long. They are on the downside. =) I hope they have some news for you sometime this next week.

I wish you the best. I hope you have a great New Year with John.

Thank you, ILNGT!

It's just another disappointment... I hope they open their hearts about it even once in my life time... I seriously stopped thinking about solutions for a few days... I just want to relax and recover being let down again...

Thanks for the sweet wishes! Happy New Year to you too! (F)

I've been wondering for a while about your case, why have you been waiting so long?

ROC Timeline

Thank you, ILNGT!

It's just another disappointment... I hope they open their hearts about it even once in my life time... I seriously stopped thinking about solutions for a few days... I just want to relax and recover being let down again...

Thanks for the sweet wishes! Happy New Year to you too! (F)

I've been wondering for a while about your case, why have you been waiting so long?

Aya,(((((((((((((((((((Aya))))))))))))))))))) (F)(L)(L)(F)

Beth

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.