Y's_habibitk

MENA CR1/K3/K1 visas PART2

987 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

oh gosh! I have work at 6am tomorrow, Im glad my husband doesnt impose a "what time I leave for work" curfew on me :innocent: Again, I will say this... one of the things I hate is men that control and manipulate women. :ranting:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Said he likes it, didn't say he always gets what he likes or wants ;) Some of us have had our hubbies with us a little less time than others and are still working out the kinks. Everything in due time.

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Timeline
Said he likes it, didn't say he always gets what he likes or wants ;) Some of us have had our hubbies with us a little less time than others and are still working out the kinks. Everything in due time.

Good luck Girl! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Curfew? OMG!! :unsure:

Perhaps this is acceptable in their culture/country, I don't know. But I only had a curfew as a child. I am not a child any longer, and will not be treated as such.

I do believe in letting my husband know where I am going, as does he. I also let him know about what time I will be home, as does he. This is merely common courtesy between a married couple. But telling me, or me telling him, what time either of us has to be home is way over board. Isn't there suppose to be trust in marriages?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

happy holidays to all...is not just a time for cheer but also to reflect...i miss my granfather lots this year....this tough native that overcame lots...maybe he wasn't a wwii vet but ....he caught his first wife (literally)cheating. and overcame....he worked liked a slave every day after his father died at 15 in 1922 and i proudly say he blacktoped most of maryland's western shore and never left his family wantin..several houses in maryland were constructed and built by him....happy birthday papa...12/07...i watched this man pull his own teeth with pliers....never doubt an indan...we perservere................merry christmas all and happy birthday papa

as1cERB0g410010NDMxc2x6fDIwN2xzfHNpbmNlIFwiSSBEb1wiLi4uLi4uLi4u.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
my curfew is 9 30!!!!! ranting33va.gif

thanks for letting me vent

It's common in The Middle Eastern culture that the women (mother/wife/sister/cousin..etc.) have to be home before it's dark, while on the other hand the man can be as late as he likes (it's not preferable that he gets he home late if there are women by themselves in the house...)...

I had my first clash with my parents about being late in my first year in university when I had a class that is over at 9:00 pm and that means I get home at 10:00 pm... And when I started working I had to get off at 11:00 PM on some days in the summer and I do recall all the arguments and stress every single night for arriving home late, while my brothers could get home at 2:00 am or even stay the night at their friends' and all they get every other time is "just don't be that late again"... It almost cost me my job when I had to tell my boss I can't be late than 7:00 pm (it reached that point: "be home maximum by 8 pm, or quit!".. I was almost sure I lost my job to save myself the stress..), but luckily my boss helped me and created whole new shift hours to suit me and the other female coworkers...

I hope your husband understands that things are different there and there could be compromises like he can come pick you up when you're done working on something... It might be hard for him to accept that since he comes from a Middle Eastern background, but he should compromise to make you both feel comfortable...

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
happy holidays to all...is not just a time for cheer but also to reflect...i miss my granfather lots this year....this tough native that overcame lots...maybe he wasn't a wwii vet but ....he caught his first wife (literally)cheating. and overcame....he worked liked a slave every day after his father died at 15 in 1922 and i proudly say he blacktoped most of maryland's western shore and never left his family wantin..several houses in maryland were constructed and built by him....happy birthday papa...12/07...i watched this man pull his own teeth with pliers....never doubt an indan...we perservere................merry christmas all and happy birthday papa

(F) (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Agree with all of you... The outcome? When it starts getting late for him lol then he comes and has to stay with me until I'm finished babysitting cuz i'm not going to quit my job or lose clients ( which I have lost one a year ago when this issue arose) because of him.

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Timeline
Agree with all of you... The outcome? When it starts getting late for him lol then he comes and has to stay with me until I'm finished babysitting cuz i'm not going to quit my job or lose clients ( which I have lost one a year ago when this issue arose) because of him.

Good for you Kenza!!! I'm very proud of you! :thumbs:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

good compromise :)

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: tripple thumbs up! You go girl! :star:

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
my curfew is 9 30!!!!! :ranting:

thanks for letting me vent

Girl, tell him its a job and theres no curfews on jobs! Sometimes I work til midnight at Walmart, its not like Im going out to party and I wont even go there about that if I choose... LOL its a job, no curfews on a job... He needs to deal with it. This isnt Morocco or Egypt. Its the USA.

OMG i so agree with you, ugh! I said that and he says he doesn't care about money blah blah...

Kenza, I'm glad that you stood up for yourself and hey, it will be nice that he can be there with you to take you home. But, I would also advise him that you, as of right now, are the only one making money in the family and you're just doing this right now so that extra money can be provided. :star: My hubby hated it when I would have to travel for my job - I told him, "Look, the money I make when I travel is a bonus for us. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

hey guys. coming to check on the ladies whose interviews are coming up soon and see how everyone else is doing.

Kenza, I think thats an awesome compromise. ;) Y doesnt like it when Im out after dark either Tina (HI!! btw and hugs)but its not been an issue really, he realizes that its necessary sometimes and now that its dark at friggin 6 its different heh a girl has to shop you know! :P

well, I bought a live tree for christmas this year to enjoy that "christmas smell" well, im here to tell you that we picked a tree out, got a stand..got it home and........it has NO SCENT! figures :lol: so I guess I'll be getting a wreath to fill up the house with that yummy pine smell. Or the artificial spray stuff :(

next year im burying my nose in that tree to make sure it smells!

Im almost done with all my shopping, well for J anyway and I got Y an early gift with some resistance heh now Im the one addicted to it..playstation lol

i guess thats about it with me guys, I hope you are all good and I wish for speedy reuions for those still waiting.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Thanks everyone :luv:

My hubby also wants playstation3. He'd rather have that than the wii. I think that will be his b-day gift in June inshallah. Plus I have to get a TV...

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.