forestrose

adjust status

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guys, it's me , I arrived in the US last saturday , sept.5 , and i must say that everything turned out very smoothly from immigration in Guam to customs in Honolulu , so happy that I am now with my hubby , but then process has to continue , I would like info on how to apply to adjust my status , as we are going to do it without the help of lawyer as compared to filing petition whemn hubby contracted a lawyer , what needs to be done , docs needed , fees , and others ; would appreciate it very much .

God bless to all .

Hello forestrose, welcome!

Please open my website below. Hope it can help.

hello guys, it's me , I arrived in the US last saturday , sept.5 , and i must say that everything turned out very smoothly from immigration in Guam to customs in Honolulu , so happy that I am now with my hubby , but then process has to continue , I would like info on how to apply to adjust my status , as we are going to do it without the help of lawyer as compared to filing petition whemn hubby contracted a lawyer , what needs to be done , docs needed , fees , and others ; would appreciate it very much .

God bless to all .

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

It is pretty simple, just follow the guide for AOS. It worked for us with no issues. The only thing that can be slightly confusing is that the guides suggest that you also put in for AP. You do not need to do that since K3 already is multi-entry for the duration of the K3 visa. Congrats on your arrival and my you get your EAD and GC with no issues.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

OP,

Rather than looking off-site (no offense to MikeeLucyForever - I'm sure you mean well) I would suggest you stick with the Guides on VJ - they contain the best practices of what works and has worked for countless VJ members. Most folks here on VJ (as you may already know) have done or are doing most of this process on their own (without an attorney). Whether you need one or not is not up to anyone here to answer except to say that the process is pretty straightforward and with careful study of the guides, tips and example forms, most folks are very successful doing so on their own.

The K-1 Visa Flowchart can still be of use to you - you are somewhere on Step 16 - the Guides and other areas can fill in the details you need.

OP,

Rather than looking off-site (no offense to MikeeLucyForever - I'm sure you mean well) I would suggest you stick with the Guides on VJ - they contain the best practices of what works and has worked for countless VJ members. Most folks here on VJ (as you may already know) have done or are doing most of this process on their own (without an attorney). Whether you need one or not is not up to anyone here to answer except to say that the process is pretty straightforward and with careful study of the guides, tips and example forms, most folks are very successful doing so on their own.

The K-1 Visa Flowchart can still be of use to you - you are somewhere on Step 16 - the Guides and other areas can fill in the details you need.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Hi forestrose.

You're on K3 visa, you only need to apply for Employment Authorization (EAD) and Adjustment of Status (AOS). I read that on the guides. :) Advance Parole (AP) is only for K1/K2 applicants; K3/K4 is a multiple entry visa so no need to file for AP.

Just curious, did you receive a letter from the US Embassy re: scheduling your interview appointment via snail mail or an e-mail to your petitioner?

We have an NVC case# already and our NOA2s (I-130 and I-129F), but are completely clueless as to what happens after that.

We checked the DHL delivery status (thanks to the tip provided by thepizzadude) and there are two large boxes headed to the USEM for delivery today (am hoping one of them contains our file already)...we just want to know if we can schedule our interview already and when...

Hope you can share your experience. I've posted the question and so far no other K3 filers from Manila have replied.

Thanks!

God bless to all .

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

from the time my I-130 and I-129 petition was approved , it took about 3 weeks before I got a letter from the USEM thru DHL , informing me that i am now qualified to make an appointment for interview and medical exams at St.Lukes .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.