Dan and Ali

Vaccinations - required to pass medical in Canada?

36 posts in this topic

Thanks for the replies everyone! Ontarkie, I appreciate the tidbit regarding Hepatitis B shot for my daughter. I called the HealthLink number here and they referred me to a travel clinic for the shot -- so I guess we'll go there! I know I'll have to pay out of pocket, but I don't mind, yay for AHC paying for just about everything else :)

So just to clarify -- one shot of Gardisil is okay to pass the medical, but I will need to complete the whole set for AOS -- right? I would assume that if my daughter is midway through her Hep B shots that would be okay, too -- just as long as we complete the process before AOS (again, I'm a bit worried about getting everything completed in time).

Regarding Gardisil, does anyone know if you can still file a waiver after having the first shot? Just in case I have an adverse reaction.

Thanks again everyone! :D

in the same position as you... what im doing is refusing gardasil on my medical next week that way when i get the interview they will ask me to go get it witch i will probably do... i am looking for a detox by apparently taking some zinc tablets everyday before and for the remaining time ill need it to be clean..

taking the fact i will take it after interview i will move after and do the aos... the panel physician will have to check that i don't require the second dose because it will be too soon and presto... (btw,,,zinc is to remove aluminum from body so im sure it will help at least fight that nasty ######)

and the one ill get next week..

keep in mind if u go to the interview without the gardasil, then go get it after the interview, it may take awhile for Mtl to send you out ur Visa in the ur Cdn passport after you mail them your proof that you got the shot. Might as well just get the shot and be done with it, less hassle

humm no it take less than a week... search for it on VJ some people did that and it took for one just a week to get it cause she went quick after to get it

and if you had read me you would know that if i do it its to not be forced to take the rest... and there will probably be like more than 2 months if i take it this week... so no lol... and its my health i know i don't want it but i cant go around so its my best option and i cant wait to be with my fiance i won't fill a waiver since it add up months,,

I don't' even think you can get the medical results back until you get all your vaccinations. So you would have to go to the interview without the medical results and therefore get an automatic denial until you get the medical results, which would require you to go back to the panel physician with the shot complete so that they can finalize the medical so you can send it to Montreal. So basically, you're creating a huge hassle for everyone (yourself, the medical people and the consulate). I know it's your health but seriously, you're going to have to get it... you're not going to get special treatment.... so you might as well just get the 1st shot and be done with it!

i think you are wrong, i do my medical next week and interview will be 3 month after ... i live in near Montreal so i can go get the result faster than the post... and also I DID SAID i want to take the 1st shot but ill take it only after the medical because you never know maybe that damn change in the immigration law about that dumb vaccine will change...

what im doing is legal even though its hassle i dare anyone to come and stop me! lol... i think we pay enough by having all those problem because they can't even figure how to send papers with good information...

also i need maybe only 1 vaccine so far cause i need a booster shot... so what ?

a waiver would delay for over 4 months when if i take the shots after the interview even if it will make me have a temporary denial i don't care cause it will allow me to not take the rest...

People with a head on their shoulder know what is best for them... and to me its not getting vaccinated for something i don't need...

not at 22 getting married and stable...

What does getting married and stable have to do with the Gardasil vaccine? I thought it was related to preventing cervical/vaginal cancer...

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sapphire is right that they will either mark your medical incomplete or not get it to you. As far as I know if you don't have what you need they tell you to go get it and then get the info to them so they can transcribe it. You're plan may work more in the way of them telling you at the interview that you need a completed medical and then you getting the shot, sending the info to the medical, and then sending the medical to the consulate. It won't create a denial in the way that you are denied but in the way that they need more info before they can complete your visa. I believe I posted this in the other thread about Gardasil, its the way the consulates/medicals work in Canada.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
Sapphire is right that they will either mark your medical incomplete or not get it to you. As far as I know if you don't have what you need they tell you to go get it and then get the info to them so they can transcribe it. You're plan may work more in the way of them telling you at the interview that you need a completed medical and then you getting the shot, sending the info to the medical, and then sending the medical to the consulate. It won't create a denial in the way that you are denied but in the way that they need more info before they can complete your visa. I believe I posted this in the other thread about Gardasil, its the way the consulates/medicals work in Canada.

'

ExActly! THATS what im saying...thx

and also its just a quick one ... cause if i take it next week.. they will requiere me to take the second shot in 2 months... as if i do it later... i need 1 shots only then i move to usa..do my aos after wedding and im clear from taking the rest cause it will be too long of a process... ( thats what i hope of course)

Process took us 1 year and 5 month from I-129F to Green Card

*09-??-2006* Met online @ world of warcraft

*~3 years later*

*01-??-2009* Relationship started

*03-01-2009* Went to see him 1 week

*03-05-2009* We got engaged

*04-06-2009* Sent I-129F

*04-07-2009* I-129F received at USCIS (California)

*04-09-2009* NOA1 received

*04-17-2009* He came to see me that weekend

*05-30-2009* He came visit me for 1 week

*07-01-2009* Still waiting the Noa2

*07-17-2009* OMG IT GOT TOUCH!! XD

*07-20-2009* Got the Noa2 without trouble!

*08-14-2009* Went to see him 2 week!

*08-18-2009* Got the packet 3!

*09-08-2009* sent Pack 3

*10-27-2009* Packet 4 received!

*11-06-2009* Gone for 1 week to see my baby

*11-20-2009* Medical at medisys + Police certificate

*12-01-2009* INTERVIEW Passed!! success!

*01-08-2010* Big Move ^^

*01-09-2010* Wedding

*02-26-2010* Filling for AoS

*03-10-2010* NOA

*03-30-2010* Biometrics taken

*09-24-2010* AOS Aproval

*I did not request my EAD or AP

*We did not get an interview

*09-30-2010* Green Card in hand!

Timeline
Thanks for the replies everyone! Ontarkie, I appreciate the tidbit regarding Hepatitis B shot for my daughter. I called the HealthLink number here and they referred me to a travel clinic for the shot -- so I guess we'll go there! I know I'll have to pay out of pocket, but I don't mind, yay for AHC paying for just about everything else :)

So just to clarify -- one shot of Gardisil is okay to pass the medical, but I will need to complete the whole set for AOS -- right? I would assume that if my daughter is midway through her Hep B shots that would be okay, too -- just as long as we complete the process before AOS (again, I'm a bit worried about getting everything completed in time).

Regarding Gardisil, does anyone know if you can still file a waiver after having the first shot? Just in case I have an adverse reaction.

in the same position as you... what im doing is refusing gardasil on my medical next week that way when i get the interview they will ask me to go get it witch i will probably do... i am looking for a detox by apparently taking some zinc tablets everyday before and for the remaining time ill need it to be clean..

taking the fact i will take it after interview i will move after and do the aos... the panel physician will have to check that i don't require the second dose because it will be too soon and presto... (btw,,,zinc is to remove aluminum from body so im sure it will help at least fight that nasty ######)

keep in mind if u go to the interview without the gardasil, then go get it after the interview, it may take awhile for Mtl to send you out ur Visa in the ur Cdn passport after you mail them your proof that you got the shot. Might as well just get the shot and be done with it, less hassle

humm no it take less than a week... search for it on VJ some people did that and it took for one just a week to get it cause she went quick after to get it

and if you had read me you would know that if i do it its to not be forced to take the rest... and there will probably be like more than 2 months if i take it this week... so no lol... and its my health i know i don't want it but i cant go around so its my best option and i cant wait to be with my fiance i won't fill a waiver since it add up months,,

I don't' even think you can get the medical results back until you get all your vaccinations. So you would have to go to the interview without the medical results and therefore get an automatic denial until you get the medical results, which would require you to go back to the panel physician with the shot complete so that they can finalize the medical so you can send it to Montreal. So basically, you're creating a huge hassle for everyone (yourself, the medical people and the consulate). I know it's your health but seriously, you're going to have to get it... you're not going to get special treatment.... so you might as well just get the 1st shot and be done with it!

i think you are wrong, i do my medical next week and interview will be 3 month after ... i live in near Montreal so i can go get the result faster than the post... and also I DID SAID i want to take the 1st shot but ill take it only after the medical because you never know maybe that damn change in the immigration law about that dumb vaccine will change...

what im doing is legal even though its hassle i dare anyone to come and stop me! lol... i think we pay enough by having all those problem because they can't even figure how to send papers with good information...

also i need maybe only 1 vaccine so far cause i need a booster shot... so what ?

a waiver would delay for over 4 months when if i take the shots after the interview even if it will make me have a temporary denial i don't care cause it will allow me to not take the rest...

People with a head on their shoulder know what is best for them... and to me its not getting vaccinated for something i don't need...

What does getting married and stable have to do with the Gardasil vaccine? I thought it was related to preventing cervical/vaginal cancer...

it does prevent you from getting VPH and vph can cause cervical cancer but not all VPH cause it.. it can also cause warts.. but people sexually active with different partner will get it.. if both you and your fiance are tested negative there is no other way to get the VPH if you are loyal to each other...

get information on the net...

im against this vaccine.. i see it as a way to make money on the back of innocent people that never ask questions

Gardasil is just a Vaccine for An STD and do not in any case prevent from getting a Cancer but more prevent in getting one of a deadly VPH strain that cause cancer... the vaccine just protect against 4 strain.. get my point... i got my pap test i dont have vph... and he doesn't either... so this is just useless and more aluminum and bad stuff in my body... i don't go to fast food restaurants on the same beliefs...

*~3 years later*

*04-06-2009* Sent I-129F

*09-08-2009* sent Pack 3

*01-08-2010* Big Move ^^

*01-09-2010* Wedding

*03-10-2010* NOA

*09-24-2010* AOS Aproval

it does prevent you from getting VPH and vph can cause cervical cancer but not all VPH cause it.. it can also cause warts.. but people sexually active with different partner will get it.. if both you and your fiance are tested negative there is no other way to get the VPH if you are loyal to each other...

get information on the net...

im against this vaccine.. i see it as a way to make money on the back of innocent people that never ask questions

Gardasil is just a Vaccine for An STD and do not in any case prevent from getting a Cancer but more prevent in getting one of a deadly VPH strain that cause cancer... the vaccine just protect against 4 strain.. get my point... i got my pap test i dont have vph... and he doesn't either... so this is just useless and more aluminum and bad stuff in my body... i don't go to fast food restaurants on the same beliefs...

Well I don't need Gardasil because I am older than the age limit, so I haven't bothered, and probably won't bother looking up further info on my own as it isn't relevant to me. However I do get your point that you both tested negative so why get the vaccine, but that's not really the purpose of vaccines... i mean, I don't wait until I have the flu before I get the flu vaccine, right? Vaccines are preventative measures, not treatments. Yes, you're right that it doesn't make sense to get a vaccine for something that you truly believe you will never get, and don't want to get the vaccine, but unfortunately it's required for the immigration purposes. I don't think avoiding one vaccine could possibly be worth this hassle. I mean gosh, if everyone avoided things with really bad side effects then birth control would not be as popular as it is (have you read the side effects on those?? lol)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Not sure what not getting the gardisil shot has to do with eating in fast food restaurants!? :wacko:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Not sure what not getting the gardisil shot has to do with eating in fast food restaurants!? :wacko:

its saying not to take risk when you don't need it...

and yes i know birth control is bad but not taking it would be too risky of being pregnant and then having to deal with a baby when you don't need one ...get it... its a weird way to see it but meh i understand myself and in life its good to follow what your heart tell you sometime

oh by the way ash... they will soon make it for 26 and older too... and on boy its been on the news recently that it was gonna be enforced to take... boy 9-26

Edited by Ebrech N Persona

*~3 years later*

*04-06-2009* Sent I-129F

*09-08-2009* sent Pack 3

*01-08-2010* Big Move ^^

*01-09-2010* Wedding

*03-10-2010* NOA

*09-24-2010* AOS Aproval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What it boils down to is that people have to make an INFORMED decision. VJ probably isnt that best forum to make a decision on Gardisil,lol There are many plus's and negatives of the vaccination. If one is big into statistics, the statistics would probably say there is a good chance one spouse may cheat during the relationship (just saying,lol) As well it does only protect against only a few of the strains, BUT those few strains make up the majority of cases. I'm neither for,nor against the shot, thats all up to the individual. There are a lot of decent sites that have info about the shot, Wikipedia isnt one of them either,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
What it boils down to is that people have to make an INFORMED decision. VJ probably isnt that best forum to make a decision on Gardisil,lol There are many plus's and negatives of the vaccination. If one is big into statistics, the statistics would probably say there is a good chance one spouse may cheat during the relationship (just saying,lol) As well it does only protect against only a few of the strains, BUT those few strains make up the majority of cases. I'm neither for,nor against the shot, thats all up to the individual. There are a lot of decent sites that have info about the shot, Wikipedia isnt one of them either,lol

don't take me wrong here... all what i want to do is help people and find answer myself...

but of course a forums is still not and will never be the place to get a straight answer like my beloved told me...

but i think its important to let people know what option they have and what they might encounter on every decision they pick... im the one saying and explaining why i don't want it ( the vaccine) but unlike most people that replied here today saying i should shut up and take the whole vaccine like everyone else...

i at least try to find answer and show that this is just another way of doing things for people who don't want it like me...

... AND You won't ever see me say to someone to just bend over something they don't like

cause in life you ALWAYS have the choice... and im not here to judge what people decide to do...

this is just like politics or religions.. its a very touchy subject... that i would rather not even talk but since we are all on the same boat we have to find the tools to make it work...

*~3 years later*

*04-06-2009* Sent I-129F

*09-08-2009* sent Pack 3

*01-08-2010* Big Move ^^

*01-09-2010* Wedding

*03-10-2010* NOA

*09-24-2010* AOS Aproval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

'

and also its just a quick one ... cause if i take it next week.. they will requiere me to take the second shot in 2 months... as if i do it later... i need 1 shots only then i move to usa..do my aos after wedding and im clear from taking the rest cause it will be too long of a process... ( thats what i hope of course)

so then why don't you just wait to complete your medical until closer to your interview date? They will not physically give you your sealed medical envelope that you get after you've completed your medical until you have received all your vaccines. THEY hold on to the results. So you would have to go to your interview WITHOUT a medical at all, not just an "incomplete" medical. That is a waste of time for the consulate and the medical people. Not only do I think it's an inconsiderate waste of time for the Consulate (and we all wonder what they are doing over there, if they have to review files twice like this, no wonder they are understaffed.) I also think it's a waste of time for the people doing your medical and for yourself.

Maybe you think you'll be better off, but I had all 3 shots and I am perfectly healthy and I guess full of aluminum!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

'

so then why don't you just wait to complete your medical until closer to your interview date? They will not physically give you your sealed medical envelope that you get after you've completed your medical until you have received all your vaccines. THEY hold on to the results. So you would have to go to your interview WITHOUT a medical at all, not just an "incomplete" medical. That is a waste of time for the consulate and the medical people. Not only do I think it's an inconsiderate waste of time for the Consulate (and we all wonder what they are doing over there, if they have to review files twice like this, no wonder they are understaffed.) I also think it's a waste of time for the people doing your medical and for yourself.

Maybe you think you'll be better off, but I had all 3 shots and I am perfectly healthy and I guess full of aluminum!

Yes i could probably just put the medical to another date but i don't know the interview date yet and i really wanted to do some of the vaccine i need to take and the blood test and x ray ...then if i only need to schedule another appointment before the interview to get it... it would be nice of course... my boss already gave me day off for next week...

Cause i think i read somewhere that i can get my shot anywhere it doesn't need to be at the panel physician so can't i just go to a regular clinic have my shot before the interview or i need to show the proof to the panel physician first ? -_-

I read that someone just faxed the proof of getting it and it was enough so i don't see why...

as long the panel physician send the medical and state i refused gardasil

won't they just go along the road of the waiver ?

That's why i want to go next week and ask them myself...

im just hopping they wont charge me 200$ twice for going again if i need to have a 2nd appointment later

it's just so stupid that Canada ask non immigrant to get the shots still before getting the damn visa

*~3 years later*

*04-06-2009* Sent I-129F

*09-08-2009* sent Pack 3

*01-08-2010* Big Move ^^

*01-09-2010* Wedding

*03-10-2010* NOA

*09-24-2010* AOS Aproval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, you can go to another doctor and get any vaccinations you need before going to see the panel physician. You do need to show proof of vaccinations to the panel physician. I do not think you can just take proof to the interview. I doubt very much if the CO will alter the medical at your interview.

If you only need proof of 1 gardasil shot - that's one thing. If you need other vaccinations - who knows?

Will be interested to see what you find out next week.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

You shouldn't need to actually go twice, but they will not complete your medical unless you ask for a waiver. You can get the shot anywhere you want, but you have to send the proof to the panel physicians because they fill out a special form, and if they request a waiver you can't just give the proof to the consulate, you would have to get the transcription done over again which they may charge you for if they have already released your file. I would say if you decide to go this route its better to not request a waiver and say you will send in the info. Then once you have your interview you will be told you need your medical (cuz they won't have released it) and you can send in the proof, get your medical and send in the medical. I'm not sure exactly how it works if they start you on the path of a waiver...because you'd have to tell the consulate you have chosen not to do the waiver...but you'd need to get your vaccines re-transcribed....would be a pain if they make you do the whole thing over at that point.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
You shouldn't need to actually go twice, but they will not complete your medical unless you ask for a waiver. You can get the shot anywhere you want, but you have to send the proof to the panel physicians because they fill out a special form, and if they request a waiver you can't just give the proof to the consulate, you would have to get the transcription done over again which they may charge you for if they have already released your file. I would say if you decide to go this route its better to not request a waiver and say you will send in the info. Then once you have your interview you will be told you need your medical (cuz they won't have released it) and you can send in the proof, get your medical and send in the medical. I'm not sure exactly how it works if they start you on the path of a waiver...because you'd have to tell the consulate you have chosen not to do the waiver...but you'd need to get your vaccines re-transcribed....would be a pain if they make you do the whole thing over at that point.

im gonna postpone it... especially after hearing they might remove gardasil of the list next month...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ReproductiveH...tory?id=8542051

story of a girl that got refused after filling a waiver for gardasil only

""Gardasil was added to the list of vaccines in 2008.

"The decision to include HPV as a required vaccine was made by the CDC," said Citizenship and Immigration Services spokeswoman Chris Rhatigan.

"We follow the law," she told ABCNews.com. "The objection to a waiver would have to be to all vaccines, not just Gardasil."

The CDC is expected to publish new criteria to determine which vaccines should be recommended for U.S. immigrants in about a month, according to spokeswoman Christine Pearson. ""

but what make me change my mind the most is this...

The CDC is expected to publish new criteria to determine which vaccines should be recommended for U.S. immigrants in about a month, according to spokeswoman Christine Pearson.

*~3 years later*

*04-06-2009* Sent I-129F

*09-08-2009* sent Pack 3

*01-08-2010* Big Move ^^

*01-09-2010* Wedding

*03-10-2010* NOA

*09-24-2010* AOS Aproval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.