hellINTIM

how much u need to pay for visa?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

just curious !!!! how much money need to bring on interview coz according to nvc site all k and non-immigrant visas need to pay 131$ bfore day of interview in BDO or citibank. give me a link pls.

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

all visa fees are paid to NVC prior to the interview... you will need to pay for a courier

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

For a K3 there would be a visa cost. For a CR1 you only need to pay for the Air21 visa delivery fee. I think it was 210 for a Manila delivery.

Regards,

The CR1/Ir1 visa is an immigrant visa. The visa fee was paid to the NVC as payxibka stated.

The K1, K2, K3, and K4 visas are non-immigrant visas where the the visa fee is paid at BDO.

Hope this explanation clears up the differences for you.

Edited by edp333

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

so meaning i dont need to pay visa thingy ? just curious about it coz some one from cr1 just told me she paid fee to the bdo. she was interviewed last march . just askiing only for knowing

USAR

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

NO removal condition

Citizenship

If you are applying for CR1, NVC will instruct you and your spouse to pay for the CR1 visa fee (US$ 400) and the I-1864 Affidavit of Support fee (US$ 70).

At the Embassy, the only fee you will pay is for the courier (Air21) to deliver your passport with the visa inserted.

K1/K2 and K3/K4 visa applicants pay the visa fee (US$ 131) before attending the interview at BDO or Citibank.

so meaning i dont need to pay visa thingy ? just curious about it coz some one from cr1 just told me she paid fee to the bdo. she was interviewed last march . just askiing only for knowing

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline
If you are applying for CR1, NVC will instruct you and your spouse to pay for the CR1 visa fee (US$ 400) and the I-1864 Affidavit of Support fee (US$ 70).

At the Embassy, the only fee you will pay is for the courier (Air21) to deliver your passport with the visa inserted.

K1/K2 and K3/K4 visa applicants pay the visa fee (US$ 131) before attending the interview at BDO or Citibank.

okey ty :)

USAR

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.