moon44

need some help please

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

ive been with my girlfriend (canadian citizen) for 18months now and she want to sponsor me so i can go and leav hith her in canada,but 7 years ago i was deported from usa for overstaying my visitor visa ,plus i have some offences that i end up having probation and fines (no jail time) 8 years ago.

so my question is that that my past will affect me ???? if yes ,is there anything that we can do to overcome this matter,any input will be appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't think an overstay in the US will affect your Canadian immigration. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

thanks for your reply,what am worried about is those offences that i have from the past,is there any kind of relief

thanks again i really appreciated

Hi,

It would help if you were specific and told us what the offences were. Absolutely they can affect your chances of immigrating to Canada.

But anyway, again, can't answer your question unless you tell us what the offences were.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You have to state the offences in order for us to help you.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

I only know that a poster here, who hasn't been here now in a month or so, Reba, she immigrated to the U.S. to be with her husband because he had a criminal record, I thought it was DUI, but I'm not sure, and he couldn't immigrate to Canada. You might want to ask here.

http://www.us2canada.com/

or

http://www.roadtocanada.com/

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

where are you now?if you were deported from the US for overstaying a visa, and your gf is from canada...are you in either canada or the US illegally? or somewhere else?

Edited by enraptured

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Don't the American and Canadian border services agencies exchange information? Or maybe they're just picking up criminal information on a reciprocal agreement because they certainly have access to that. I wouldn't be surprised if your deportation shows up in a database. Would it not show up in a criminal records check also?

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
where are you now?if you were deported from the US for overstaying a visa, and your gf is from canada...are you in either canada or the US illegally? or somewhere else?

That is exactly what I wanted to know. If you overstayed in the US, are you there illegally or are you now there legally? Are you an American citizen? A PR?

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Don't the American and Canadian border services agencies exchange information? Or maybe they're just picking up criminal information on a reciprocal agreement because they certainly have access to that. I wouldn't be surprised if your deportation shows up in a database. Would it not show up in a criminal records check also?

Yes they do share information :thumbs:

thanks everyone for your reply and here is my background:

went to usa on touriste visa and overstayed it by more than one year immigration git hold on me and deport me.send me back to my home country(morocco/north africa),i have been here since(7years).

my ofences:disturbing peace(paid 725$ fine)11years ago;shoplifting(one year probation)9years ago,assault(one years probation) 8years ago ,never been in jail.for us immgration that count as CIMT.

i met my canadian girl freind here in morocco whil she was on vacation 18months ago.

i hurd that after 5/10years of rahabilitation you can ask for pardon????.if so,how hard to get it????.

we love eqch other and want to get married but we really worry about this matter.

thanks a lot for your help.

Timeline

To immigrate to Canada you need to provide a police certificate from everywhere you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16. Yes, your crimes will come back to haunt you. Canada Immigration does recognize 'rehabilitation'. It is expensive and it takes time but it may be what you are looking for. Here is a link to the information for rehabilitation re: immigrating to Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/a...ides/5312E9.asp You and your girlfriend should also read over this site very thoroughly to see what it is you need to do for family immigration to Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

btw - Canada does not have a fiancee visa - you need to be married or in a conjugal or common law relationship in order to immigrate as a spouse under the family immigration class.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

To immigrate to Canada you need to provide a police certificate from everywhere you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16. Yes, your crimes will come back to haunt you. Canada Immigration does recognize 'rehabilitation'. It is expensive and it takes time but it may be what you are looking for. Here is a link to the information for rehabilitation re: immigrating to Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/a...ides/5312E9.asp You and your girlfriend should also read over this site very thoroughly to see what it is you need to do for family immigration to Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

btw - Canada does not have a fiancee visa - you need to be married or in a conjugal or common law relationship in order to immigrate as a spouse under the family immigration class.

thanks lot for your help,we look forward to read on that site.

Timeline
thanks everyone for your reply and here is my background:

went to usa on touriste visa and overstayed it by more than one year immigration git hold on me and deport me.send me back to my home country(morocco/north africa),i have been here since(7years).

my ofences:disturbing peace(paid 725$ fine)11years ago;shoplifting(one year probation)9years ago,assault(one years probation) 8years ago ,never been in jail.for us immgration that count as CIMT.

i met my canadian girl freind here in morocco whil she was on vacation 18months ago.

i hurd that after 5/10years of rahabilitation you can ask for pardon????.if so,how hard to get it????.

we love eqch other and want to get married but we really worry about this matter.

thanks a lot for your help.

If you're a Moroccan citizen and these offenses are all there. I think you'll have to deal with getting a pardon from that government, the Canadian gov't has no jurisdiction over that. I'm not sure if that's what you meant when asking about it. Then of course you'll need the police certficate from your home country when applying to immigrate to Canada eventually.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
If you're a Moroccan citizen and these offenses are all there. I think you'll have to deal with getting a pardon from that government, the Canadian gov't has no jurisdiction over that. I'm not sure if that's what you meant when asking about it. Then of course you'll need the police certficate from your home country when applying to immigrate to Canada eventually.

seems that those offenses were committed while he was in the US....moon44, sorry but it looks like you're kind of screwed.

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.